Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
[quote="Alex"]*waves book* Oooooh Alex.... guess what book I just bought today? Trickster's Queen :D/quote]

*Steals*

Is it even out in the US yet? o_o

Lucky Aussies.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:20 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I read all the books that the library had that she wrote, and if I remember correctly they were the series The Song of the Lioness, The Immortals(Probably my favorite series by her), The Circle of Magic and The Circle Opens. I think I've read Trickster's Choice. I need to go back and re-read thoes books, I loved them. I read most of the books over a period of a day or two, I was really into them(and thats one book a day, not all of them XD)

I once was Lost but now am Shadow, was blind but now I see.
Me: JAS SAVE PPT!
Jas: ugh. okay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:40 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Cassi wrote:
Alex, is Trickster's Queen good? And can I have it when you're done? (Yes, I'm cheap, go away.)

I've liked pretty much all of her books that I've read, although I wasn't as crazy about The Circle Opens...No real reason why, though. I was really lucky with her books that the library actually had all the ones I wanted...and bought the couple that I requested, instead of just borrowing them from another library. Yup, they loved me. =P

I'm not sure, I haven't started it yet :P And no, you can't have it. Buy it yourself :P

...Alex wrote:
Alex wrote:
*waves book* Oooooh Alex.... guess what book I just bought today? Trickster's Queen :D

*Steals*

Is it even out in the US yet? o_o

Lucky Aussies.

...I would have no idea. I'm guessing so, since we always seem to get them last over here.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:38 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Sigh.

I first read the Wild Magic books back when I was in high-school, and I haven't read anything by Tamora Pierce since. I guess I just caught up in other novelists. But it's been almost 10 years, and reading this thread has given me a... need, I guess to read them again, and then to move on to her other works.

*checks bank balance and decides he should go on a book buying spree this weekend*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Alex wrote:
Cassi wrote:
Alex, is Trickster's Queen good? And can I have it when you're done? (Yes, I'm cheap, go away.)

I've liked pretty much all of her books that I've read, although I wasn't as crazy about The Circle Opens...No real reason why, though. I was really lucky with her books that the library actually had all the ones I wanted...and bought the couple that I requested, instead of just borrowing them from another library. Yup, they loved me. =P

I'm not sure, I haven't started it yet :P And no, you can't have it. Buy it yourself :P

But...but...I said you could read it first! I'm too cheap to buy it in hardcover, and I'm not waiting for paperback. ::sighs::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:22 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

o.O Mine was paperback when I got it. I didn't even know it was out, I was actually searching for my English book :P

Ok, you pay for postage etc and I'll send it to you ;)

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Alex wrote:
o.O Mine was paperback when I got it. I didn't even know it was out, I was actually searching for my English book :P

Ok, you pay for postage etc and I'll send it to you ;)

...How expensive is postage from Australia to England? How 'bout this...you send it to me, I send you $5! (I'd send you a bit more, but other than that I just have a 10 and pounds...and I'm not giving up my pounds, I don't have nearly enough. =P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: in the past, the present and longing for the future
Ooooh, Tamora Pierce! I love her books ^^ I've read the Alanna ones and the first 3 of the circle of magic? Yea...I'm quite angry that the school library doesn't have the fourth one... *fume fume*

memories of yesterday; because you've left me at the beginning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

_jaye_ wrote:
Ooooh, Tamora Pierce! I love her books ^^ I've read the Alanna ones and the first 3 of the circle of magic? Yea...I'm quite angry that the school library doesn't have the fourth one... *fume fume*

Pay me, and once my books arrive I can send it to you... =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Cassi wrote:
_jaye_ wrote:

Pay me, and once my books arrive I can send it to you... =P

Heh, mine was missing Sandry's book. But I found it 'else where'*shifts eyes*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:24 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

To be honest, I wouldn't even know if our school library has her books. I know my local library does though.

I started Trickster's Queen a couple of days ago - it's pretty good so far. Now, if only I would be able to concentrate to finish reading it :P (Normally I can finish a book like that in about 1 and a half hours).

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Alex wrote:
I started Trickster's Queen a couple of days ago - it's pretty good so far. Now, if only I would be able to concentrate to finish reading it :P (Normally I can finish a book like that in about 1 and a half hours).

Well hurry up, so you can send it to me. =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My friend lent me the first few books in the Circle of Magic (I think) series - I read Sandry's book, and started Triss's, but kind of lost interest.

I'm not sure why it didn't strike my fancy, exactly, as I write to a similar genre and often enjoy books of a similar type. It's not that I didn't like them, really, but I wasn't especially captivated by any of it. Maybe it's because I feel that personally, I wouldn't have enjoyed being at Winding Circle, which sort of alienated me from the book.

I'm willing to give her another try, I guess... any suggestions on where to start? I've heard good things about the other series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Starchaser wrote:
My friend lent me the first few books in the Circle of Magic (I think) series - I read Sandry's book, and started Triss's, but kind of lost interest.

I'm not sure why it didn't strike my fancy, exactly, as I write to a similar genre and often enjoy books of a similar type. It's not that I didn't like them, really, but I wasn't especially captivated by any of it. Maybe it's because I feel that personally, I wouldn't have enjoyed being at Winding Circle, which sort of alienated me from the book.

I'm willing to give her another try, I guess... any suggestions on where to start? I've heard good things about the other series.

Start with the Song of the Lioness quartet. Alanna is uber- Mary Sue, but the series starts everything off. The Circle series' are another universe, but it would probably be better if they're read after the Tortall books.

Then Immortals, then Protector of the Small (PotS's the best quartet, out of everything Pierce has done, in my opinion). Then read the two Trickster's books- if the second's out where you live.

Then read Circle of Magic and Circle Opens. In that order. :P

Though,as I said, the Circle books are completely different from the Tortall books, so you could read them before those anyway.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

...Alex wrote:
Starchaser wrote:

Start with the Song of the Lioness quartet. Alanna is uber- Mary Sue, but the series starts everything off. The Circle series' are another universe, but it would probably be better if they're read after the Tortall books.

Then Immortals, then Protector of the Small (PotS's the best quartet, out of everything Pierce has done, in my opinion). Then read the two Trickster's books- if the second's out where you live.

Then read Circle of Magic and Circle Opens. In that order. :P

Though,as I said, the Circle books are completely different from the Tortall books, so you could read them before those anyway.

In a few years theyre gonna do a couple of books about myles and daine's fiance-thingie. Something about their adventures.

I read CoM, then CO, then potm(not done with ladyknight), then sotl, and im doing immortals after.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next