Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've read the Lioness quartet and the Circle of Magic. In fact, I've got the Circle of Magic hidden away somewhere. (More like misplaced amongst my other books so I'll have to hunt them down sometime.)

I admire the way Tamora Pierce can imagine several worlds so full of detail. There are those fantasy authors who stick with only one world for ages, but each of hers are so interesting. I can never do it, which is partly why I admire it in other people. I'm too fickle-minded to be able to create another world. :P

I suppose I ought to read more of her books as the school library has some, but they tend to be incomplete series. I'd rather not begin a series I can't finish since it will leave me frustrated. Her books sell here about once every three years at the rate I see them in the bookshops. Pity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:04 am 
PPT God
PPT God

the immortals series is my favorite, even though daines characters is a bit unbelieveable.

tricksters series is promising to be her best yet. a friend lent me the first book and i'm debating over whether or not to buy the second *saving up for my new graphic novel obsession* which i have seen in my local store, oh well, when i find more money i guess.

the circle opens and the circle series were good, my favorite character is Triss, because of her sharp tongue :P

lillie, have you tried ordering them through the bookstore? because sometimes thats the only way i can get the ends to series, and generally, the store i order though is very good about getting them there in decent condition, and within the month too :)

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I've read Circle of Magic 1, and I'm finishing the second one ^_^ Pity the books are so short >_< I would've never read it if I hadn't decided to try a new author that I had never heard about, and I'm glad now that the book I randomly pulled off the shelf was the first book of the quartet.

It's pretty good, and I love Tamora Pierce's way of looking at magic. My favourite characters are probaby Sandry, Briar and Niko ^_^

Post subject: Tamora Peirce
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:51 am 

I LOVE the Immortals quartet. The last book is really good. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:59 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The only Tamora Pierce book I read was called Magic Steps, or something like that. There was that stitch witch lady teaching the dance mage guy, and they stopped those anti-magic people. It was pretty cool, and I liked it, but I never read more, most likely because I forgot to look for them in the library.

Image Gotta Love Rage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The anti-magic was pretty cool. I can't wait for the Circle Reforged to come out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: BrokenSea Audio Drama Productions. Thanks Bangel for the set!
I've read Circle of Magic and Circle opens, and didn't like them as much...

Then I read PotS and the Lioness quartets.......whew!! I read the PotS first, and loved them, then a friend lent me the Lioness quartet....I read all 4 of them in 2 days (I was in a car all day both days...) I LOVED them!! I personally like Alanna, even if she is a bit perfect at times. Also, some of the hard points were made easier by the fact that I read PotS first and knew certain characters (Alanna, George, Jon, etc) did NOT die :P

oh, and I <3 George.....BACK OFF ALANNA! HE'S MINE!

PPT'S OFFICAL VOICE ACTRESS! (click image for link)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:49 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm lazy, so I wait for it all to go to paperback. But I have both Circle quartets, Lioness, Immortals (except one, the library had it), and Protector of the Small. I need to get the Trickster ones next.

I've read them all at least 3 times. Need I say I like her?

It's a smart duck....watch it do math..........o.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

autechre wrote:
lillie, have you tried ordering them through the bookstore? because sometimes thats the only way i can get the ends to series, and generally, the store i order though is very good about getting them there in decent condition, and within the month too :)

Nope, I have trouble communicating with the bookstores because I lack proficiency in the local language. I'm thinking to order the Lioness quartet online sometime, as I might need to order some textbooks as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:28 am 

I've only read 4 or 5 of her books. It was (this is what i call it) the "Wolf" series, and another book, but I don't remember the name. I thought the "Wolf" series was pretty good. Has anyone read it? It had like, "Wolf Star" and "Wolf Queen" and they all started with "Wolf" Get why I call it the "Wolf" series? :)

yeah... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:17 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

coconutlight wrote:
I've only read 4 or 5 of her books. It was (this is what i call it) the "Wolf" series, and another book, but I don't remember the name. I thought the "Wolf" series was pretty good. Has anyone read it? It had like, "Wolf Star" and "Wolf Queen" and they all started with "Wolf" Get why I call it the "Wolf" series? :)

I thought that those were written by Tanith Lee?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:41 am 

Eidolon wrote:
coconutlight wrote:

I thought that those were written by Tanith Lee?

Wow. Do I have my authors mixed up. I know I read a book by Tamora Peirce. I know it! :oops: :(

yeah... :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4