Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:52 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I loved the book, though the ending was a bit iffy for me. I don't consider it one of the greatest books I've ever read. It's just good. She's also the author of Number the Stars, which great as well. I read that in sixth grade. Lowry really is an amazing author. And she wrote all her books in Massachusetts XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I liked The Giver...but I thought the ending was sad. Not sad as in written badly, but sad as in it made me feel sad. I've read Gathering Blue too, good book also, same thing with the ending.

Btw, Gathering Blue is not a sequel to the Giver. Like Starchaser said, "it's set in a different place/time with different characters."

Also, there was this kid in my first through fourth grade classes, and he said that Lois Lowry was his step-grandmother. I don't know if I'm supposed to believe that...

No, I never officially left; yes, I am gone forever. I have also permanently left AIM. If you need to contact me, drop a line on LJ. Same username.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:25 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Zega wrote:
teddymon wrote:
We read that in grade 8. I liked it, except for the ending.

Really? I loved the ending. I thought it fit in so perfectly.

I just like to know what happens to the characters after all the excitement's over.

For all I know they could have went and frozen to death o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think they made it. I find the ending kinda optimistic. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:04 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I had to read that book in 4th grade for a book report. Dear God I hated it. I'll never read it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:07 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I read this book back in school. I thought the start and finish was real boring but I liked the middle parts.

I'm an old member, back in the day, I use to rule the battledome board use to post on everything and be everywhere, I was popular back then. Now I'm a nobody, forgotten in the wind. Poor me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:49 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I've never read this book, but my brother would like to say that he found it absolutely horrendous.

Formerly Miss Padfoot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:17 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I read it in grade 8. And I totally forget how it ends. So, no comment on the ending, but the book was kind of strange. But it was good enough to read again, I just thought it had wierd ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I read the messager, which is the last book of them. It brings characters from The Giver and Gathering Blue together. Jonas becomes leader of where he landed now called "Village."

[Previously Known As Zega]
The Game. You Just Lost It.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:01 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Zega wrote:
I read the messager, which is the last book of them. It brings characters from The Giver and Gathering Blue together. Jonas becomes leader of where he landed now called "Village."

It's such a fantastic book. I'm afraid of going running by myself in the woods sometimes because of it. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:02 pm 

I loved it! My sister had to read it for a book report, and i had nothing else to read, so i read it... I've read it three times so far, i've just read it for the third last month. about the ending -> (written in small white font so you can skip over it if you want :P )
i think it's sad. He died, didn't he? Think about it. It was freezing, the baby was all weak and stuff, and then suddenly he gets this burst of energy and goes over the hill, to the WONDERFUL town where colour and songs abound. maybe the point is he came to our world when he died. Maybe he didn't die at all, but i always thought all the villages had no colour and all that.. i know it wasn't just his village that lived like that. *shrugs* i have no idea, really. I think it's the kind of thing where everyone thinks something different. it did seem to lack a lot of the.. awesomeness that was in the other parts, it seemed like she had runout of ideas and was just throwing something together.)

bakabakabakabakabakabakabakabaka!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Zega wrote:

*Gasps*

I didn't notice that! Ooooh. This makes everything a great deal more interesting. o_o

(I wonder what happened to Gabe...)

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I thought the ending was supposed to be pessimistic! o.O

I've read it. It wasn't hard to read as the language is pretty simple. The concept was nice. It was interesting to realise what these people really do and see, which was a nice discovery. However, it's not really one of those books I'd like to read over and over again. I know what's going to happen now, which was my original interest in the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:45 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

...Alex wrote:
Zega wrote:

*Gasps*

I didn't notice that! Ooooh. This makes everything a great deal more interesting. o_o

(I wonder what happened to Gabe...)

Gabe was mentioned in the Messenger as either a playful 8-year-old kid or an energitic one or something like that. If I had the book with me, I'd quote it, but I already returned it to the library.

I loved all three of the books. They made you think and make connections. My 7th grade english class had lots of great discussions when we read it as a class, though half the class (including me) already read it before. My favorite was The Messenger, since it connected the The Giver and Gathering Blue. Lois Lowry truly is a wonderful author.

Set by robot. Van Den Hoogenband is the best name, ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:10 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I read it last year for school. I loved it! We were supposed the read chapter 1 the first night we got it, I read the whole book! I haven't read any sequels or anything, I really just liked the philosophical ideas. I like books that make you think (The Giver, Farenheit 451, The House of the Scorpion < good books)

Clicky!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next