Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: His Dark Materials
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I also love this series and I'm disgusted that they're completely cutting God out of the films. How on earth could they possibly do that?! That's like making Harry Potter and cutting out all the bits about magic!

Many of the major ideas and lessons that the book imparts are tied in with organized religion. Cutting it out? Unacceptable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fiddelysquat wrote:
I also love this series and I'm disgusted that they're completely cutting God out of the films. How on earth could they possibly do that?! That's like making Harry Potter and cutting out all the bits about magic!

Many of the major ideas and lessons that the book imparts are tied in with organized religion. Cutting it out? Unacceptable.

Pullman has said that the big religious scenes are still in and faithful to the book, it's just that oblique references to the Catholic Church have been made a little broader so as not to offend people (especially Americans). However, I'm pretty disappointed that the final three chapters of TGC were taken out and are going to be in The Subtle Knife film, the trailer made me think that we'd see Lyra crossing the bridge.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:03 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yep, I liked The Golden Compass (Well, it's called Northern Lights here, but whatever) more than the others :)
When I saw the trailer of the film in the cinema I was like "aaaah!". The granny next to me looked at me weirdly when me and my friend started talking about it (we never knew it was being made into a film) :P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

guineadan wrote:
Yep, I liked The Golden Compass (Well, it's called Northern Lights here, but whatever) more than the others :)
When I saw the trailer of the film in the cinema I was like "aaaah!". The granny next to me looked at me weirdly when me and my friend started talking about it (we never knew it was being made into a film) :P

Yeah, Northern Lights over here. I thought I was hallucinating or going crazy or something... o_O I've only read the first one, and I haven't seen the film. I haven't been able to find any more books :(

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yeah my cousin sent me the trio for Christmas and I've just started reading it now. It seems very good and I'm not seeing the movie until I read the book. But if I see the movie first I won't be disapointed. o_O

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

One of my favourite series of all time. Read the first one in year 6 as a challenge to read and review it over a weekend (which i achieved :p). It was one of the first books in which i developed a proper emotional attachment to the characters, and i found myself with a lump in my throat as events played themselves out. Out of respect for the books, i have refused to see the film, as i honestly cannot see them doing it justice.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5