Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:
Cassi wrote:
::sighs:: See, when movies like that are talked about, I like to pretend I didn't hear.

I may watch it, but only after someone else I trust has watched it and tells me how it is. =P

Don't worry, I get the hint, I'll take you to see it the day it comes out!

Well, as long as you're paying...

Ali is love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Anyone here read <u>Lyra's Oxford</u> yet? It's a companion book to HDM, about a small adventure Lyra has after (a few years, apparently) the events in HDM... Short (49 pages), but interesting. I loved the colour maps that are inside the book. :)

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

...Alex wrote:
Anyone here read <u>Lyra's Oxford</u> yet? It's a companion book to HDM, about a small adventure Lyra has after (a few years, apparently) the events in HDM... Short (49 pages), but interesting. I loved the colour maps that are inside the book. :)

Ahem.
Ooh, look, for once, Alex, someone beat you to it! :P

Igg wrote:
He's written another short book called Lyra's Oxford which is a bit pricey but worth a read. I hope he carries on adding to the series because I'm rather unsatisfied with that ending!

Booyah ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Igg wrote:
...Alex wrote:

Ahem.
Ooh, look, for once, Alex, someone beat you to it! :P

Igg wrote:
He's written another short book called Lyra's Oxford which is a bit pricey but worth a read. I hope he carries on adding to the series because I'm rather unsatisfied with that ending!

Booyah ;)

*Hisses*

Well, er, uh...

Oooh, oooh! I can't wait for <u>The Book of Dust</u> to come out! It's supposed to be a sort-of reference book, more like a companion book to HDM, and it's going to have tons of pictures, too, apparently.

*Crosses fingers and hopes no one's posted about BoD yet*

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:58 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Starchaser wrote:
Christopher wrote:
I just have my fingers crossed that there will Not be a movie.

Movies have that terrible habit of being carp. (Carp).

Sorry.

*shrugs* It could be good though... you never know.
^ Wishful thinking

*glares at producers*

They better not butcher it...

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:21 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I just hope they don't try and put too much book into too short of a movie. Kind of like Harry Potter and LotR.

It's a smart duck....watch it do math..........o.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:51 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Smart Duck wrote:
I just hope they don't try and put too much book into too short of a movie. Kind of like Harry Potter and LotR.

I'm hoping they either run out of money and dont make it, or make it a nice long movie. I couldnt stand a barage of 2 hour monstrosities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'd love it if the director is someone who enjoys the books, appreciates the books for what they are, not just some things to make money off of.

I don't want to be incredibly impressed. You don't need a ton of special effects for most parts of the movies. Sure, you need quite a few, such as the Subtle Knife, but other than that, not really a lot.

Oh. And I'd be incredibly grateful if Lyra and Will are played by two people who look exactly, or a great deal like, how the characters are described. Naturally look that way.

And I'd like all the characters and scenes (that can be shot on film) in the films. It takes longer to read a scene than to watch one, unless you're a speed-reader like I am, and finished the books quickly.

Or at least most of the characters and most of the scenes.

Oooh, and in-character characters! That would be very nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:19 pm 

Movie? Wow, my friend and I were discussing that last year of so...no...two years ago. I really hope they don't ruin it...but I would be interested in Iorek's (or however you spell his name) appearance. It would need lots of great graphics I suppose...like Alex says, in the Subtle Knife parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I am impatient for The Book of Dust.

...Alex, I'd prefer for Lyra and Will to be played by people who could act the parts well and had the right attitudes going than people who looked a lot like they are described in the books.
I mean, some resemblence is necessary, of course, but if I had to choose between the spitting images and the good actors I'd go with the actors :P You can suspend your disbelief!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, acting and attitudes, too. But I don't want some twenty-year-old brown-haired supermodel playing Lyra. Disney tends to pretty up characters. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:52 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

i thought they said the movie is in the works?

i really hope they don't cut the part with the angels...bcos there might be a hint of sexual references...<<<that's why i hate SIngapore's censorship board. they will probably give it an NC-16 or maybe M18 (MAture -18 not allowed)

"In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
- Oscar Wilde

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

They're cutting God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:57 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Igg wrote:
They're cutting God.

O.o...Well, THAT pretty much kills my hope that the movie might be good -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:38 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I loved this series, especially the idea of daemons. Just the idea of a little companion that's with you your whole life, it just sounds great. Now, about the movie, am I the only one here who thinks that even if they butcher the film, it's not gonna detract from what was there in the first place? I know if I saw a crappy version I'd just say "Wow, that sucked! I'm gonna go read the book now though." Although, I'm not pleased that they cut God. I know they must appeal to christian conservatives who can't stand anyone thinking God is a bad guy (I'm a christian myself), but come on! [edit] This next part cut due to major spoilers and crap[/edit]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next