Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

How do I add PPT to a video like in "An Inconvenient Truth"

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:29 am

I'm doing an educational video. I don't want to add video to PPT, but I do want to add Powerpoint presentation slides into video so that when I cut away from the speaker, the slides are shown full-screen. I know this is possible because the film "An Inconvenient Truth" has many examples of this technique. Can someone please give me some advice on how to insert Powerpoint slides (along with animation and sound) into video? Thanks

Re: How do I add PPT to a video like in "An Inconvenient Truth"

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:31 pm

*pokes forum topic*

Sorry, but this is a forum about Neopets (a virtual pet site), not about Powerpoint :) PPT is short for Pink Poogle Toy.

Confusing, I know!

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:06 pm

Sorry!

Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:27 pm

That's got to be the first time ever that's happened.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:39 am

Ahahahah tell me about it. I was looking at the topic title and going, "Huh???" It just clicked.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:45 am

Apparently, the disclaimer tagline serves no purpose.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:59 am

Which reminds me, when do we get a chicken related board?

Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:29 am

Alex wrote:Apparently, the disclaimer tagline serves no purpose.

That or the TC didn't see the disclaimer.

This isn't the first time ever that this powerpoint thing has happened though.

*Remembers that it all started when someone came in here once in 2005 and posted on the PPT Forum Discussion board (well it was orginally in New Members before being moved to incorrectly to PPT Discussion instead of its correct place on Computing & Technology) about powerpoint templates* because the file extention is .ppt. So Kym said said that that guy probably searched for PPT on google and got here.

Maybe we should change the description for PPT Forum Discussion and add something to the Welcome topic in Everything You Need To Know about The PPT Forum saying that we are a forum about Neopets, not Powerpoint. Please keep all powerpoint discussion in Computing & Technology. And we could change the description of Computing & Technology to include powerpoint discussion in it.

Thus changing the description of Computing & Technology from this
Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.

to this.
Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do. This includes all Powerpoint related discussion.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:16 am

Well, it's not like the tagline is particularly hard to miss..

Nor the mass Neopets boards that we have.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:43 pm

I don't really think there is a huge problem (given the two incidents occured over the space of a few years), but the easiest solution would to just change "PPT Forum Discussion" to "PinkPT Forum Discussion". Both topics have occured in PPT Forum Discussion, probably because for somebody not paying attention, that'd look like the best place to put Powerpoint questions.

Incidentally, other than microsoft, who would want to have a Powerpoint forum?

Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:08 pm

I thought it correlated with Earth Day. :o
Topic locked