Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Google Crome anyone?

Thu May 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Has anyone here tried Google's browser, Google Chrome?

I just got onto it last week and oh my... it is lightning fast!! I thought I'd miss the plugins I installed on Firefox but nope! Chrome is my default browser now.

It's just so pretty and user friendly. It has this nifty feature where you can pull tabs out into a new window. Shoots my productivity through the roof.

Re: Google Crome anyone?

Thu May 21, 2009 3:11 pm

Google Chrome for Linux is in development and a team of engineers is working hard to bring it to you as soon as possible.

And they've been saying that for a year.

Thu May 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Ohh Linux user! I haven't tried Linux before... whyyyy?

Thu May 21, 2009 6:38 pm

It's pretty fast, though I will say I have a Maximum PC around here proclaiming that Safari is faster. I enjoyed it especially the fact that each tab is it's own process.

The Linux thing is the reason I won't use it because I like use Xmarks to keep my bookmarks in sync and I have a Linux partition on my HDD.

<--- Still a FireFox fan!

Thu May 21, 2009 7:15 pm

ohhh your making it sound really good don't make me download it my computer can't take much more

Fri May 22, 2009 2:31 pm

Shoyru_Lover wrote:Has anyone here tried Google's browser, Google Chrome?

I just got onto it last week and oh my... it is lightning fast!! I thought I'd miss the plugins I installed on Firefox but nope! Chrome is my default browser now.

It's just so pretty and user friendly. It has this nifty feature where you can pull tabs out into a new window. Shoots my productivity through the roof.

sssssssshhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnyyyyyyyy.......

I like it but darn num it i cant get my toolbars!
And, it has a spell check! But they still need toolbars.
Neopet, Google, and Yahoo. And now i don't get the the dreaded infinite IE warp(1400 IE's come up and make me wish that laptops had a kill switch).

Wed May 27, 2009 1:42 pm

They have the options button on the right that you can click on; it's a neatened version of the toolbar.

Now if only Chrome can work out how to sync bookmarks with Firefox...

Wed May 27, 2009 2:49 pm

I've been using Chrome for awhile.
I like how when you open it, it shows the top nine most frequented sites you go to and most recent bookmarks.. :)

Wed May 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Mmm, I still haven't gotten around to trying this out. I must have a look at it sometime. Though how I'll manage without my All-in-One-Gestures add-on, I don't know :P

Plastic Ninja wrote:And now i don't get the the dreaded infinite IE warp(1400 IE's come up and make me wish that laptops had a kill switch).

n.n
SO I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT GOT THAT, THEN. I wth'd the first time. Lol, my friend got it at the same time she had an... unsavoury... popup. :roll:

XD

Wed May 27, 2009 11:29 pm

Helena wrote:Mmm, I still haven't gotten around to trying this out. I must have a look at it sometime. Though how I'll manage without my All-in-One-Gestures add-on, I don't know :P

Plastic Ninja wrote:And now i don't get the the dreaded infinite IE warp(1400 IE's come up and make me wish that laptops had a kill switch).

n.n
SO I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT GOT THAT, THEN. I wth'd the first time. Lol, my friend got it at the same time she had an... unsavoury... popup. :roll:

XD

Yes i hate beyond all knowing! Haven't had it yet with chrome. With it not being IE that's good.
And Google chrome has a incognito mode too. Downloads are now becoming hard and but i think its just a glitch or my own stupidity. About the same thing really.

Thu May 28, 2009 12:45 am

Ahh Chrome's "incognito" mode. :lol:

It's great having all these features in-built into the browser, some of these things you need to install as a plugin for FireFox.

Hopefully Chrome opens up plugins soon that allow FireFox extensions as well. That would really open up the browser wars.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:12 am

Shoyru_Lover wrote:Ahh Chrome's "incognito" mode. :lol:

It's great having all these features in-built into the browser, some of these things you need to install as a plugin for FireFox.

Hopefully Chrome opens up plugins soon that allow FireFox extensions as well. That would really open up the browser wars.

Yay for plug-ins! As far as I can see, most of the things good about FF are in chrome :)

GC is the most epic browser ever.

Hands.

Down.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:49 pm

I agree. GC is one of the fastest browsers I've ever seen. I you want to block ads on Neopets, see Jellyneo (http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=removeads_chrome). It works great.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:40 pm

I'm on Chrome now. HUGE fan, and it's been about 4 hours. Firefox 3, I noticed, seemed to be this huge memory hog, whereas Chrome is just much more well-behaved.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Hmm. I tried Chrome when it first came out, but didn't care for it so much. Maybe time for a re-try.
Topic locked