Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Harmonize wrote:
werepup wrote:
How are you trying to turn it off?

Try pressing Ctr + Alt + Delete and in the Windows Task Manager, go to the Shut Down menu, then click on Turn Off.

You could try going to your control panel, clicking on display, then on the Screen Saver tab, then click on Power...

In the Advanced, make sure that the power buttons shut down in the first box, and stand by in the second.

:)

Hmm I've done all that but it still restarts itself. When I shut down, I usually got to start, turn off computer, then click the shut down button. It does turn off, but somehow it comes back on again without me even touching anything. Ive checked if the power button is stuck, but it isnt.

I think when it starts up again, you might just have to press the power button again. (u'know, when the black screen comes up) Hold in the power button till you hear the base unit power down.

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:10 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

werepup wrote:
Harmonize wrote:
werepup wrote:
How are you trying to turn it off?

Try pressing Ctr + Alt + Delete and in the Windows Task Manager, go to the Shut Down menu, then click on Turn Off.

You could try going to your control panel, clicking on display, then on the Screen Saver tab, then click on Power...

In the Advanced, make sure that the power buttons shut down in the first box, and stand by in the second.

:)

Hmm I've done all that but it still restarts itself. When I shut down, I usually got to start, turn off computer, then click the shut down button. It does turn off, but somehow it comes back on again without me even touching anything. Ive checked if the power button is stuck, but it isnt.

I think when it starts up again, you might just have to press the power button again. (u'know, when the black screen comes up) Hold in the power button till you hear the base unit power down.

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Nah its cool I really appreciate it :) I think I'm just gonna wipe my computer, it needs a bit of cleaing out anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:16 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

M'kay, so I'm on a sexy laptop, and I'm trying to install Shockwave so I can play a game on Neopets (since I'm able to play it on my regular 'puter, but it's currently out of order). Problem is, when I go here to download it, I click the Install Now button, and then the little window saying "Click OK to install ActiveX control" or something along those lines, and when I click it, it gives me that "Internet Explorer needs to shut down" window, and it nukes all my IE windows.
Help?

Zero set 13 of 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Zero! wrote:
M'kay, so I'm on a sexy laptop, and I'm trying to install Shockwave so I can play a game on Neopets (since I'm able to play it on my regular 'puter, but it's currently out of order). Problem is, when I go here to download it, I click the Install Now button, and then the little window saying "Click OK to install ActiveX control" or something along those lines, and when I click it, it gives me that "Internet Explorer needs to shut down" window, and it nukes all my IE windows.
Help?

Try updating windows first - then go for it.... other than that, have a look through your disks of games and stuff to see if you've got a standalone version of it somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:05 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Asus P5N-SLI nForce 570 SLI Chipset LGA775 or Intel DP965LT P965 Chipset LGA775?

Is there that much of a difference? Worth the extra 20 bucks for Asus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:01 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

mogster500 wrote:
Asus P5N-SLI nForce 570 SLI Chipset LGA775 or Intel DP965LT P965 Chipset LGA775?

Is there that much of a difference? Worth the extra 20 bucks for Asus?

Bah. (Sorry about that).

I don't particularly like the LGA775 formfactor, just because the pins are on the motherboard. That means that it's rather fragile and (quoth CPU magazine) "the socket's official lifespan in a meager 25 insertions".

If you already have a LGA775 processor, okay, but if you don't I suggest going for something else (esp. if you plan to stick with the motherboard for a while). However, I'm just assuming that you're building a PC right now.

If you have to pick a motherboard, I'd prolly go for the ASUS. In my opinion, it has better expansion capabilities (and I particularly like the way ASUS handles SLI). If i'm looking at the right specs for each board, the Intel board's memory capacity can go up to 8GB, while the ASUS can go up to 16 GB (I have no idea what you would _do_ with all the RAM, but each to his own). You get the same amount of each type of PCI-E slots available, but the Intel has 3 PCI slots compared to ASUS' 2. The new standard is PCI-E, so i don't particularly think that the PCI slots are that useful.

Of lesser consequence are the USB ports. The Intel has 10 compared to ASUS' 8. I personally, won't ever have the need for 8 ports, much less 10, so I'd lean towards ASUS (I have a USB hub anyways, just cause i'm too lazy to crawl under the desK).

I have a good experience with ASUS (I like the nForce series), so for that extra 20 bucks, go for it.

. Set by Medusa ♥

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hey.

I have a friend with an EXTREMELY overprotective brother. Her brother is the only admin using the computer and she needs to put Macromedia Flash onto the computer for a school project. But for this she needs to have admin priviledges or get around them somehow.

Just so you don't tell her to ask her brother to let her, I'll tell you a little about what happens. He goes through her stuff in her room, reads through every conversation she has and he even added a keylogger to her account!

She really needs a way to get this on. PLEASE help.

set by whhattisthiss. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Inexistence wrote:
Hey.

I have a friend with an EXTREMELY overprotective brother. Her brother is the only admin using the computer and she needs to put Macromedia Flash onto the computer for a school project. But for this she needs to have admin priviledges or get around them somehow.

Just so you don't tell her to ask her brother to let her, I'll tell you a little about what happens. He goes through her stuff in her room, reads through every conversation she has and he even added a keylogger to her account!

She really needs a way to get this on. PLEASE help.

Unfortunately for your friend, there is no way to aquire administrative privileges without the consent of the computer administrator. Your only reasonable option here is to check if the installer can run without them, check readme / installer flags.

What sort of a school project requires Adobe Flash, anyway?

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh well. Thanks anyway.

It's not totally necessary, but otherwise the report would simply be a powerpoint presentation. She needs it to create an animation as a story about bullying and it's much easier for her to do it at home.

set by whhattisthiss. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:25 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hi

There was a power outage here in British Columbia about two days ago. Yesterday the computer was acting a little weird and I could barely get it to start but start it did when i fiddled with the computers insides and cleaned up some of the dust that had accumulated inside the computer.
I thought that was the problem for the computer not starting.

Then today I tried to start it up and the only sounds that the pc gave off were the pc fan noises and not the usual start up noises. Plus nothing will show up on the monitor and the startup only goes past the numbers that show up all the time and then it shuts itself down.

I asked some people and they say that the motherboard was probably short circuited by the power outage. (the power was out for like 12-24 hours)

Is that the problem?? And can this be fixed if say i try to boot it up again tommorow??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Does it still say that there is a hard drive connected... if so, is there's no message like hard drive failure?

The numbers coming up are the bios checking if the RAM (the memory that's slotted into the motherboard) is usable. If it's getting past that point and the screen goes blank, or displays the message saying hard drive failure, then perhaps there's been a static charge within the hard drive.

Just because the hard drive is whirring, doesn't mean to say that the hard drive is working and another point is that it may be the connection (the IDE) cable or slot on the motherboard. I've dealt with static in the hard drive before, although I've only ever been able to get the hard drive running once after it by sticking the hard drive in a bag and into the freezer for a couple hours. This cooled it down and got rid of the static, I ran that disk drive once more, backed everything up on an external hard drive and then bought a new hard drive.

It might be best just putting the hard disk in for recovery (There's loads of places that do it now, I don't know if you have PC World in America, but they do it) and getting new parts for your computer.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

HEEEELP! :cry:
Ok, I have downloaded the newest version of quick time.
HOWEVER, when I try to open things like the PPT Podcasts, it says that I don't have a current enough version to download the file!
What's wrong with compy? :(

-If you are flammable and have legs, you are never BLOCKING a fire exit.
Mitch Hedburg
-WIS<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hello?
Uh... anyone wanna answer lol?
Been waiting nearly a month... >.<

-If you are flammable and have legs, you are never BLOCKING a fire exit.
Mitch Hedburg
-WIS<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:35 pm 

Assuming you have Windows XP. Did you download from here? And did you get Version 7?

Also, if you can't work it out, try getting iTunes from Apple. iTunes 7 seems to be working now after numerous problems reported by PPTers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:49 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

*looks around* Anyone care to help out?

My MSN Explorer, along with the messenger itself, have been refusing to open. They try to tell me there's a problem with my connection, but there isn't. I can play online games and access the Internet using Firefox, so it can't be that.

Yahoo Messenger also had the same problem, but I tried reinstalling it, and now it's working again. That tactic didn't work with the MSN stuff.

Anyone have any ideas? o_O

glorious set by neko.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next