Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Leading Up to The Void Within
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So at this point, I don't know if we should have an actual plot thread or not, because the plot hasn't officially started, BUT. Another thing that appears to be tied to the plot has occurred today!
That being said, I'm putting things in spoilers for at least this post, because yeah.

The Unis Clothing Shopkeeper, Ellia, has turned grey, and her dialog text has changed to:
Quote:
It’s okay, I understand if you don’t like anything…
Have I always had such poor taste?

Part of the URL is "/plots/tvw/shopkeepers/" and it lists it as "w4.png" so I'm guessing we'll be seeing other shopkeepers turn grey in the future? Either that, or the "4" is a reference to the fact that Unis Clothing is shop ID #4.

PLOT PLOT PLOT!

I will try to gather all the previous references to the plot and edit them into this post as I have time. :)

=========================
Okay here's all the previous references I could find. If I missed something, please let me know, so I can add it in. Also, I deleted my original post in Neopets Chat to put this in Plot Council because it belongs here.
Negg Festival:
**Orion was introduced**

Part of Scene 11: (leading into the Faerie Festival)
Mira: Thank you, it was nice of you to think of me... Having one with me will also let me continue my studies on them so I will take you up on that! You know, I was thinking I might actually come back with you to Neopia for a short time.
Kari: You want to keep hanging out?!
Mira: What? No... I just have been meaning to talk to Illusen recently. She's been wanting to see me to talk about a possible pollution problem, and with all the smog I've been seeing in the atmosphere recently, I figured this was as good as time as any to finally go see her and discuss it.
Kari: Mhm suuure! Sounds to me like you just don't want to be rid of me quite yet!
Mira: Whatever, let's just go!

Faerie Festival:
And is that a VOID PAINTBRUSH!?! Please let it be a new paintbrush! Something that looks like a Voidberry in color would be AWESOME!
Also, it looks like this is our villain (or one of the villains): Drakara
Of course, Vira is also involved.

Advent Calendar:
Day 6:
Orion:Reina, please we must stop the Advent Calendar!
Reina: Hold up! Orion? What are you doing here?
Orion: I know we don't know each other well, but this is important! Something terrible is about to happen!
Reina: You aren't making any sense. Why do we need to stop the Advent Calendar?
Orion: There isn't any time, we need to prepare as soon as possible. I...I don't know how I am seeing these things but I know it can't be good!
Reina: Take a deep breath, Orion! Now please start over. I don't understand what you are talking about.
Orion: I'm sorry. A...a few days ago, I was consulting my cards as I walked when...a tender and resonant plucking came to me, and moments later I tripped over this Lyre in the snow! Since then I have had terrible visions. Visions that I fear will soon impact all of Neopia greatly!
Reina: Orion, you look like you haven't slept in days. I admire your determination, but I think you need to go home and get some rest.
Orion: Please Reina, you must promise me you'll stop the Advent Calendar. Now is not the time for fun and games, something horrible is coming to Neopia, something we must prepare for.
Reina: For your own sake, go get some sleep. You look unwell! If you are still worried, we can talk more about this later.

Day 15:
Orion: Reina, what are you doing? You promised me you'd stop the Advent Calendar!
Reina: Orion, you're back? Did you get any sleep? You still look exhausted!
Orion: I...I tried, but the sound of the Lyre torments me every night, never allowing me a moment of silence…wait that isn't the point! This all needs to stop right away, you promised!
Reina: I didn't promise anything, Orion. I'm sorry for what you are going through, but Neopians rely on the Advent Calendar to bring them warmth and cheer during the most frigid time of year. I can't shut it all down over nightmares.
Orion: They aren't just nightmares!! They are premonitions! We all need to prepare! Please just listen to me!
Reina: Orion stop! The Advent Calendar simply means too much. I can't just shut it down without proof.
Orion: Fine, you want proof. I'll get you proof!

Day 26:
Orion: I have found a way to show you my visions! The Lyre...it...if...
Reina: Orion, this has gone too far!
Orion: These may be the final days of the Advent Calendar, but I need to show Neopia the visions that keep tormenting me. I don't know why they are coming to me, but I know they are important... somehow.
Reina: You really are serious about this, aren't you?
Orion: Please Reina, this is the only thing I can think to do.
Reina: Okay...how can you show us?
Orion: The Lyre! I discovered that when I play it, those who hear it share in my visions. Before, they came to me choppy and distorted... but with this, I can see the visions clear as day. And I can share them with you all as well! Please just listen!

Day 26 Comic
Day 27 Comic
Day 28 Comic
Day 29 Comic

Day 30:
Reina: That...that was...
Orion: I told you I'm not crazy!
Reina: We need to do something! We need to tell someone!
Fyora: That someone is already here.
Orion: Queen Fyora! But how did you...
Fyora: That instrument you found has been emitting an incredible amount of unknown magic. I've been investigating it for weeks and your prolonged playing led me right to its source.
Orion: Unknown magic?
Fyora: Yes, you seem to have stumbled upon a powerful artefact imbued with magic even I am unfamiliar with. Yet another troubling development...
Reina: Does that mean the Lyre is dangerous? Should we have even played it?! What if-
Fyora: Easy Reina. You were right to let Orion share his visions. It's too soon to tell what exactly this artefact is capable of, but playing it only seemed to clarify and project the visions Orion has been experiencing.
Reina: Phew! What a relief... and here I was worried I brought doom to Neopia after just my third time organising the Advent Calendar!
Fyora: Nonsense! You handled the situation quite well. I have no doubt your grandmother will be proud to hear of the compassionate Aisha you've become.
Reina: Oh! I- um- well thank you Queen Fyora... That's too kind.
Fyora: I owe you both an apology as well. I'm sorry it took me so long to find the source of this strange magic. It seems to have taken quite the toll on you already Orion.
Orion: Yes, well, I suppose I have been better...
Fyora: Come, you and I must discuss this all at once. After we find a way to get you some sleep that is!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject: Re: Leading Up to The Void Within
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Interesting. I actually took notice of the aforementioned (spoiler) shopkeeper this afternoon while looking for a shop that actually had inventory so I could finish my Quest Log.

The shopkeeper's quote was odd as well:

Unis Clothing Shopkeeper wrote:
It’s okay, I understand if you don’t like anything…
Have I always had such poor taste?

Note: I snagged the shopkeeper image and am hosting here in case it changes in the future...

ETA:

If you buy something at the shop, the Shop Keeper is happy again to haggle and if you purchase... (Unhappy again if you go back to browse the store)

Also of note - they are both the same file name, but the unhappy/grey uni is a .png and the happy uni is a .gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:19 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Interestingly, even the clothing is muted in color, though not as much as the uni.

I wonder how much of the site is going to lose its color. As long as Maraqua is still beautiful... (Not that I ever actually go there.)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Definitely muted throughout. it is sort of jarring if you go to the store and click on something to buy while keeping an eye on the Shopkeeper. Or, open each image in a separate browser tab and flip back and forth...

Also note that the Grey Shopkeeper has a little tear in her eye. Perhaps the grey of that species always has? I have never looked.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:06 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

She also has her ears down, like a very sad animal.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Grooming Parlour has been hit now!

Except...currently TNT has the image linked to a PNG file instead of a GIF, so it's blank. Here's what it should be:
Dialogue has changed to
Quote:
Blah, what a dreary day… What do you want?
An item? You can click on them yourself. I need a break.

There are a few others that have been located as well (but are not active yet). The numbers in the image definitely seem to line up with the shop number. There are some people creating pages/etc to automatically look for any more that upload.
I know they were saying that the plot would probably not start until after the Altador Cup, but...had only like, one shopkeeper a week (or less) turned grey...I could see that. But at the moment, I'm wondering if the Festival of Neggs is going to turn into the plot or not...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:01 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Could be. Maybe the Festival of Neggs will be full of new/exclusive grey neggs. That would actually be very cool.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:13 am
Grey neggs could be interesting. Truthfully, though, we do need SOMETHING to help counter the excessive negg inflation. I mean, my kiddos don't mind, because they've been making a small fortune off all the neggs they'd been hoarding from Tarla drops, but I sold mine right before the prices doubled again. I expect negg prices and codestone prices will continue to go up, as every time we get a new grey shopkeeper, it hints at the plot getting caloser to starting.

The Bakery has been hit by the grey spell!
Quote:
The Breadmaster says , ‘Yech’
This batch is too sour. Seems I overproofed the dough…
Sorry, all I can think of is Halloweentown II and the grey spell from it. Until we have some other better way of describing it, that's how I think of it. I feel like we need someone to run around yelling 'trapa!" At least the shopkeepers aren't sorting piles of mismatched socks...or maybe Ellia is?
----------------------------

Hubert's Hot Dogs has also been hit by the grey spell!
Quote:
Huh… Oh- Hubert’s Hot Dogs
Get em while they’re… lukewarm?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:17 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I would also be sad and grey because of a lukewarm hot dog.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Not Kari!!
Seriously, y'all know how I feel about neggs. Negg Festival is supposed to be any time now. How will this work!?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Oh Dear! This is not ideal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:31 pm
Inah at the Super Happy Icy Fun Snow Shop has now been hit by the grey spell!
Quote:
Moderately Content Icy Amusement Snow Shop
I’m testing out new shop names. Do you like that one? Yeah, me neither…

Also, while it may or may not be related, there's been a post on social media accounts with this note from Baelia:
Facebook Post
Quote:
Dear Diary,
Long ago, I took on this form. My powers were taken, but I went on and continued. It's not been easy, and I know that something irreplaceable was taken from me.
Darkness lurks in my mind and makes my heart ache. I have met a new friend. Looking inside, gaining hopeful thoughts.
Baelia
I'm hoping it will show up on site so I can get a smaller version of the image. O.o

It might just be because Grey Day was yesterday. Without a Neopets website URL, it's hard to tell....

BlueEdit: Captured/Resized/Hosted the image in the 2nd spoiler above. Full Size image is here

ETA: Thanks, Blue!

Some new posters have shown up in the news the last two days (but both are apparently also huge, so I'll just URL link to the images...not sure why I didn't think of that before):
Quote:
Greetings, adventurers! Have you explored Meridell yet? Pay a visit to landmarks such as the Mysterious Symol Hole, tour the majestic castle of King Skarl, pick some veggies at one of the local rustic farms, or simply soak in the natural beauty of Illusen’s Glade!
Meridell Poster
Rain or shine, Roberta's always a familiar sight at Brightvale's Scrollery. Need an ancient text deciphered or a dark, evil faerie vanquished? Plan a trip to erudite Brightvale today. You might just learn something!
Brightvale Poster
I'm assuming these have to do with the upcoming plot, but since they're listed under the NF folder, who knows?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm.. This pending plot sure has a very dark side to it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 pm
It does, indeed, seem very dark. There are two more posters up now, too:
Quote:
Ever wonder what happens to all those Money Tree donations in Neopia Central? Why not stop by and find out for yourself? A trip to Neopia Central isn’t complete without a quick visit to the Money Tree to pick up a souvenir!
Neopia Central Poster
Yearning for a spooky surprise? The Haunted Woods awaits! This enigmatic forest holds unforgettable adventures lurking within its twisted branches. From rusty carnival rides to abandoned homes to peculiar shops packed with unusual delights, the Haunted Woods has everything needed to sate your creepy cravings!
Haunted Woods Poster

ETA:
I'm behind on this, but there is yet another poster up:
Quote:
Mountains make marvellous memories. Come brave the rugged hiking trails between Altador and the Haunted Woods, where you'll be greeted by breathtaking views and diverse wildlife!
Terror Mountain Poster

And then the bank manager was hit today at The National Neopian Bank!
He seems thus far his normal polite self, though.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!