Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup [split #5]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

abloomfie wrote:
is there a minimum score for both SS and MSN before it registers as a game being played?
Not that I know of - according to the Rankings Explained page it should register as a game played regardless of your score. However, if it's a very low score, it might not count towards your rank points. If you've played games and they haven't shown up, you're not alone... although my scores went unscathed through the really bad glitches, eight of my YYB games for yesterday went missing overnight. :cry: That's nothing on what others have lost, though.

I've played 'what if' a bit with the scores. Unless Mystery Island pull off a win against Krawk Island or one of the top four teams unexpectedly lose one of their less major games, it should be Rooligans vs Darigan battling for first place and Krawk Island vs Shenkuu going for third. Mystery Island or the Lost Desert could still make it into that top four, though. :) Especially if either of the two remaining really big games (Roo vs Krawk or Shenkuu vs Darigan) ends in a clean sweep for one team or the other.

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:10 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Matrinka wrote:
Well, as of right now, I'm officially pulling for KI. I want LD swept... or at least drawn... in any of their matches. Shenkuu has worked so hard, I want to make it to the final four!

I feel bad for thinking this way, but I'll have to agree. Go Shenkuu! LD is a little too close for comfort right now, >< On the other hand, according to this petpage, though, Shenkuu seems to be ahead enough to be safe ..for now. And only a couple of points below KI, though the upcoming big clashes (as afyapardess mentioned, Roo vs Krawk and Shenkuu vs Darigan) may change that.

I'm biting my nails all the way these few days!

niel/dark_draconis88 on Neo/GPX+

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

draconis wrote:
I'm biting my nails all the way these few days!

Me too! I'm actually saving up my spare time for the Shenkuu v. Darigan match. I don't think we'll win, but I want to at least put in as much effort as I can. I'm hoping for some draws, at the minimum. (Call me a pessimist, but I always count on the worst so that I'm happy when the best happens.)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:38 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I think we have a pretty good chance of getting into the finals, really. It's just, no one knows how TNT will calculate the final scores. I'm actually going to be out half the day of the Shenkuu v. Darigan match, but for that day in particular I most definitely will stay up to play. My friends find it perfectly ridiculous that I get so terribly worked up over a virtual team but only get this excited about RL soccer during the World Cup season, haha.

Is it confirmed how many MsN games get you one point towards your rank? I'm hearing anything from 7-17 here, though 13 and 15 come up most often.

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Luckily I have that day off of work. Hopefully I'll be able to do a lot of games against Darigan. :) This is sort of stressful though since no one actually knows how TNT will calculate things, it would be nice if we knew, but I guess that would 'ruin' the suspense. :P

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm in agreement: I think Darigan and Roo are going to end up going for first. I lost another game point from yesterday (it's quite possible I mixed up on my counting, it's happened before), but my husband lost around 30 games. He's submitting a bug report, so hopefully they'll look at the code again. {Grumbles} Anyways, I've gotten to rank 14! I'm hoping to play enough to move to rank 15 today - since it's the last "big" game we have until finals, I'm aiming to get in at *least* 125 games today. Gotta beat the Krawks! Go Rooligans!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Is it confirmed how many MsN games get you one point towards your rank? I'm hearing anything from 7-17 here, though 13 and 15 come up most often.

From the petpage on page 1 of this thread, SS is 3 and MSN is 15 - it seems to be accurate as all my points have worked out for my Rank levels using this formula.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Once again, I prove myself to be a glutton for punishment, returning to the Neoboards when boredom overtakes me. Shenkuu, my beloved Shenkuu, has disappointed me. Someone from Darigan opened up a silly thread to good-naturedly poke fun and trash-talk Shenkuu. Instead of playing along... my Shenkuu team mates firmly had sticks lodged where the sun doesn't shine.

*sigh*

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:59 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Another day, another 17 games - nearly an hour's work - down the drain. :cry:

I don't know how I'm going to make my targets if my games keep going missing - and worse, on the last day, I won't KNOW whether I've done enough games to make the target, or whether some of them have disappeared into oblivion and I have to keep playing...

EDIT: Krawk Island tie all-round with Roo Island! As Shenkuu and Darigan both won their games, this pushes Darigan into first place and Shenkuu overtake Krawk Island into third! :o Rooligans, we'd better win every point going in our remaining games, or Shenkuu will make a serious stab at getting into the first-place competition...

In other news, let's hear it for Faerieland, who refused to give up at Yooyuball and have scored their first outright win. :)

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well...that was an interesting day. :) Roo Island and Krawk Island tied in everything, which I should have seen coming. But this is nothing but good for Shenkuu! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to squeeze in more games than usual against Darigan...

I'm actually rather proud of Faerieland, I thought they'd end up being a joke and never win at Yooyuball...guess I was wrong! (its not the first time, either ;) )

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

afyapardess wrote:
Another day, another 17 games - nearly an hour's work - down the drain. :cry:

I don't know how I'm going to make my targets if my games keep going missing - and worse, on the last day, I won't KNOW whether I've done enough games to make the target, or whether some of them have disappeared into oblivion and I have to keep playing...

EDIT: Krawk Island tie all-round with Roo Island! As Shenkuu and Darigan both won their games, this pushes Darigan into first place and Shenkuu overtake Krawk Island into third! :o Rooligans, we'd better win every point going in our remaining games, or Shenkuu will make a serious stab at getting into the first-place competition...

In other news, let's hear it for Faerieland, who refused to give up at Yooyuball and have scored their first outright win. :)

If it makes you feel any better, my husband lost another *22* games between yesterday and today, bringing his missing total up to at LEAST 50 missing games (he's not too happy about that). He submitted a bug report yesterday, and another one today. I got my missing point back from Saturday, but still no clue about the ones I lost from Friday. It doesn't seem like as many people are losing games this time - the Neoboards haven't had a lot of complaining, so maybe TNT doesn't know it's happening to many?

I can't believe we drew! :o I sent 180 wins yesterday (average 8.78 goals per game - over 1500 goals total), and my husband sent 160 wins (22 of which didn't show up). Yeah, I know, 180 is insane. I *feel* insane for just making it through that many in a day! We didn't get started until at least 2 in the afternoon and took several mini-breaks for dinner, etc. I'll definitely be getting a gold trophy now, since I double-ranked (I was close to the top of 14 previously) and am now Rank 16!! :D

Maybe Shenkuu and Darigan will draw tomorrow....{crosses fingers} At any rate, I think it's next to impossible for either Darigan or Roo to be out of the finals, even if either loses the next three days. Who ends up in the top two spots though...that'll be the real question. We're still ahead of Shenkuu by a hair (mainly, we've not lost as many games as they have...) So long as we win all of the next three days, we should stay in the spot for the 1st/2nd competition.

And way to go Faerieland! They hadn't even gotten a draw before yesterday - all outright losses! I'm glad they did get a win!

Remaining "big" games:
Krawk Island vs. Mystery Island (Tuesday)
Shenkuu vs. Darigan (Tuesday)
Darigan vs. Haunted Woods (Wednesday)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

They only counted 8 yooyu ball games for me. I know for a fact I played at least 25. I submitted a bug report but I guess I'll have to wait and see. :(

I'm surprised that Roo Island and Krawk Islan tied. Is this the first time teams have tied in all three events? Man.

I don't want to get my hopes up about Shenkuu getting in the top two, but it would certainly be nice. The important match will be Darigan. Hopefully we can either beat or tie them.

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:53 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Kurisutaru wrote:
Is this the first time teams have tied in all three events?

I believe on the fourth day of competition, on the 8th of June, Lost Desert and Haunted Woods had an all-draw as well. Not something you see often, that's for sure. I think both teams (RI and KI) are fighting viciously now to maintain their positions.
Augh, tomorrow will be a harrowing day for Shenkuu, Darigan, Krawk Island and Mystery Island (though personally I already think KI will win theirs, no offence to the MI supporters)

It may be Faerieland's first Yooyuball win, but I think they've been doing quite alright at SS and MSN. Mid-table for SS, really, above other teams like Kiko Lake and Tyrannia. :)

Shenkuu FTW! or at least FT-draw!

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:50 pm 

Glitches with scores again? This happened to me sometime last week as well, but it was resolved several days later. Hopefully your problems will be resolved within the next few days. :)

Yesterday was the only day I didn't play for the Altador Cup. I was celebrating Canada Day and attended two matches of the FIFA U-20 World Cup.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

draconis wrote:
It may be Faerieland's first Yooyuball win, but I think they've been doing quite alright at SS and MSN. Mid-table for SS, really, above other teams like Kiko Lake and Tyrannia. :)

They're doing OK on SS, but they've only got 2 wins on MSN. Better than Virtupets, though, which has lost all it's SS's and only managed to eek out 2 draws on MSN (no wins).

Okay, as weird as this sounds, the number of *goals* I've scored is higher than what it should be (only by 10), but that's not high enough to account for the missing games from Friday. o_O {scratches head} I'm so confused...and I know I wrote down exactly how many points I scored, and accounted for the game that got added back in from Saturday. I wonder if maybe it's counting a full 9 points even if the other team scored a goal? {shrugs} That might actually account for the extra 10...because that seems to be the amount of times they scored on me last night. Who knows? Is anyone else meticulously keeping track of scores, and on a day that they didn't lose any games didn't change the right number of goals scored?

So, since I'm kinda bored, I've done all sorts of calculations for team scores (playing around in Excel with points - giving more/less points for wins, giving points for draws, and taking away points for losses, trying to get a wide range of options for how TNT might score it) and no matter how I do it, I still get the following order: Darigan, Roo, Shenkuu, Krawk. Roo has 3 draws and 2 losses to Shenkuu's 5 losses on YYB, and Shenkuu has one more draw/one less loss on SS than Roo...but I think the difference in YYB will keep Roo in the lead. So long as we don't lose anything, Roo will stay safely in the 1st/2nd play-off position. Lost Desert, Mystery Island, and Haunted woods are still just far enough below that unless one of the top four teams really wipes out, it'll stay that way. Gah, can't wait until Thursday morning!!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next