Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Dr Sloth (split 3)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:35 am 

Trilian8 wrote:
It depends on your key. In one 2 modifier puzzle X+X=V, but in another X+X=C

Of course it depends on your key. That was why I included it in my question.
In all my 2 modifier puzzles, in any position, a key of V + a modifier of V + a modifier of V gave a result of X
and so forth through the combinations.
I was lucky enough that there was a V in all my puzzles, so that's the only one I did a full search with.

Also on my 2 modifier puzzles, the order of the 3 elements in interchangable, so
V+V+C=V and V+C+V=V and C+V+V=V

(NOTE: there are occasional graphic glitches. Just remove and replace a modifier, and it will reset so it looks right)

Does anyone else match my results so far?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:36 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

theonlysaneone wrote:
Guys, pay more attention to the LAST digit that changes than you do the first. If this is an addition problem, as I expect, the last digit is the only one unaffected by carrying.

Here's an example:

1234 + ____ = 3321

The number you want is 2087, but 7 is the only one you can figure out at first because the rest may have 1 added to them thanks to carrying.

I finally figured out that it was impossible to solve one that had incomplete data :)

oh oh i think you are onto something we should be giving them numbers because for example if i make the 8 looking thing its like a 0 because no matter what symbol i put under it the 'answer' is the same symbol

(edit: of course i mean just in this particular puzzle im working on... prehaps this idea could be how we crack how the key works?)

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

Last edited by Rubywinged on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:37 am 

I do know three of those V_. things make an X... So there may really be a pattern to this.

Edit: And, it also seems that if you have the correct codes, it doesn't matter which modifier they're placed in, as long as you have the two or three.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:39 am 

Lee wrote:
I'm having trouble with the significance of the key especially since I'm guessing. Anyone willing to explain the key?

The key is the first element you're summing.
KEY +MOD1 +MOD2 = Result

(Note: I didn't see any carrying in the 2 modifier puzzles, and I would have if the symbols are distinct and this is straight addition.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Here are the messages I've discovered, so far:

#19: Clear through the weekend, but solar storms and sunspots may drench the whole system in Class-7 radiation. Apply sunscreen liberally.

#20: Space will be clear and calm for the next several cycles, with a slight chance of a plasma storm coming in from deep space.

#12: Multiphasic radar shows a singularity storm approaching from along the galactic rim. Do not go outside under any circumstances.

#4: Heavy asteroid rain tomorrow, with a 30% chance of giant space fungus invading your brain.

#7 Sporadic ion storms in the morning, with heavy ionization aftereffects ub the early afternoon. Watch for meteors.

#1 Corporal Griddix, I've told you half a dozen times that the security officer position has already been filled. I know you're interested in it but it's just not going to happen, so just find something else to do, all right? -- Sgt. Lands

#6 Did you guys hear explosions a little while ago? I'm grounded 'cause mom caught me playing Evil Fuzzles again, and she cut off everything except neomail. Anyway, all I can see out my window is some weird-looking ships flying around. -- Jimmy

#9 Carv--don't leave the shop, just high in the back if you can. Sloth's minions have invaded the station, and they've taken over the main concourse. I have to go, they're comi--

#10 Hey Morx, I got your message. We'll be having lunch down on the station's main deck some time this afternoon. Supposedly there's some interesting ships docking later today and Jinxy wants to check them out. Seeya. -- Keema

#2 I'm hiding out in the maintenance office -- none of Sloth's minions have broken in here yet but it's only a matter of time. Do you think they'll keep the station's regular maintenance schedule? -- Zerp

#17 Dear unsolicited decorations supplier,
We have no desire to wallpaper our cafe in Juppie silk. Please do not approach us again with goods or services or we will vaporize you.
Sincerely, Gargarox Isafuhlarg Head Chef, Grundo's Cafe.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:41 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ugh. 10 three modifier codes left.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Carv--

Don't leave the shop, just hide in the back if you can. Sloth's minions have invaded the station, they've taken over the main concourse. I have to go now, they're comi--

Doesn't say who this message is from and I don't know who Carv is. I think part of the name is missing.

Can we get into the back of a shop?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh god, this looks fun...
So far:
#3: Corporal Griddix, I've told you half a dozen times that the security officer position has already been filled. I know you're interested in it but it's just not going to happen, so just find something else to do, all right? -- Sgt. Lands
#4: Sporadic ion storms in the morning, with heavy ionization aftereffects in the early afternoon. Watch for meteors.
#6: Multiphasic radar shows a singularity storm approaching from along the galactic rim. Do not go outside under any circumstances.
#8: Heavy asteroid rain tomorrow, with a 30% chance of giant space fungus invading your brain.
#10: Carv--don't leave the shop, just high in the back if you can. Sloth's minions have invaded the station, and they've taken over the main concourse. I have to go, they're comi--
#11: Space will be clear and calm for the next several cycles, with a slight chance of a plasma storm coming in from deep space.
#12: Did you guys hear explosions a little while ago? I'm grounded 'cause mom caught me playing Evil Fuzzles again, and she cut off everything except neomail. Anyway, all I can see out my window is some weird-looking ships flying around. -- Jimmy
#16: Hey Morx, I got your message. We'll be having lunch down on the station's main deck some time this afternoon. Supposedly there's some interesting ships docking later today and Jinxy wants to check them out. Seeya. -- Keema
#19: Clear through the weekend, but solar storms and sunspots may drench the whole system in Class-7 radiation. Apply sunscreen liberally.
#20: Dear unsolicited decorations supplier,
We have no desire to wallpaper our cafe in Juppie silk. Please do not approach us again with goods or services or we will vaporize you.
Sincerely, Gargarox Isafuhlarg Head Chef, Grundo's Cafe.

Last edited by Byakuya San on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:10 am, edited 9 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:46 am 

Rubywinged wrote:
theonlysaneone wrote:
Guys, pay more attention to the LAST digit that changes than you do the first. If this is an addition problem, as I expect, the last digit is the only one unaffected by carrying.

Here's an example:

1234 + ____ = 3321

The number you want is 2087, but 7 is the only one you can figure out at first because the rest may have 1 added to them thanks to carrying.

I finally figured out that it was impossible to solve one that had incomplete data :)

oh oh i think you are onto something we should be giving them numbers because for example if i make the 8 looking thing its like a 0 because no matter what symbol i put under it the 'answer' is the same symbol

(edit: of course i mean just in this particular puzzle im working on... prehaps this idea could be how we crack how the key works?)

That's exactly what I'm saying. This is a classic digit substitution puzzle. Every answer will take this form:

CCCBBB
+VVXXPP
VVPCPX

That one is impossible to solve, but you get the idea.

EDIT: Maybe that's not how it works. There's another possibility: that it works like an addition problem, but there's no carrying. For instance, if V = 5 and X = 7, and V+X = C, you would expect C to be 12. Since that's impossible, I think C would be 2 and the 1 would be ignored. Let's try both.

EDIT2: It's also looking, judging by the easiest messages, that the key is the same from message to message.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Last edited by theonlysaneone on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:48 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

okay that math problem just ouched me cause im so bad at math.... this one is very tricky even for TNT..... maybe we are all overthinking this?

I feel like we should be focusing on the key. A key is a code to help it shouldnt be anything that we are adding to the other 2 or 3 symbols to get the answer.

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:50 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I just go by combos and ignore the digits. If I substitute numbers my brain will self-destruct. I only have 9 (*whimper*) more 3 digit substitutions to go.

I work on getting the different combos to create the first symbol... then its all trial and error from there. I'm actually going to NEED a couple of days for this one, I think.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:53 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm still trying to solve any of my 2 missing ones >.< brain hurt

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:54 am 

I only have 5 of the 20 solved :P (And those are the 1 modifier ones)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:57 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Matrinka wrote:
I just go by combos and ignore the digits. If I substitute numbers my brain will self-destruct. I only have 9 (*whimper*) more 3 digit substitutions to go.

I work on getting the different combos to create the first symbol... then its all trial and error from there. I'm actually going to NEED a couple of days for this one, I think.

Same here. I can get the two modifier, it's the three modifier I'm having trouble with.

I'm trying to apply the same way of working, find the first then move on. It just takes a bit as expected.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:09 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Wondering how close the message codes are from person to person...for example, my message ID 6 is a two modifier puzzle. The Key is VPGP88 and the target is P88GPV.

This is the first 2 modifier I have solved and the answer for my message 6 was:
#9-PP8G8X AND #19-G8VPVV

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next