Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ill most likely join shenkuu again ::D
cant wait until it starts! trophy time!

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'd love to know why so many of the "forecasters" think Shenkuu is going to tank this year. Didn't they learn anything LAST year? Everyone predicted Shenkuu to be a mid-pack team, but we finished in third. Once again, they're painting us as underdogs. I don't mind, really, because I want us to be underestimated... but bah. As a loyal supporter, I hate seeing people think of the team as weak. Go Shenkuu!

I'm massively excited. Going to go clean to make up for it!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:53 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I am with virtupets. You either have to win, or you have to lose, and we've got the latter down. >;D

Image Image
la la la la BITEZ UR FACE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

yellowsugardog wrote:
I am with virtupets. You either have to win, or you have to lose, and we've got the latter down. >;D

*quotes you* I LOVE THAT. :D

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

With two years of being devoted to Haunted Woods.. and being frozen & losing my trophies, I think I'll switch it up and go with Krawk Island this year. :o

Set by WIS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Today's 6/12/08...still has the "preview" blip up. I wonder if it won't update until the news shows up for tomorrow? o_O

Edit: it's up! Sign ups are open today through the 16th.
...and they're doing another double round robin + finals.
Tournament Structure wrote:
The Altador Cup tournament pits 16 teams, representing the lands of Neopia, against each other. Tournament play is "double round robin," which means that each team will play each of the other fifteen competing teams twice.

Each day, your team faces a new opponent, and it is up to you to contribute as much as you can by playing not only Yooyuball, but also Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise. Your results in each daily match-up, evaluated separately for each of the three games, contribute to your team's overall standing in the tournament. Please remember to help your team win all 3 daily match-ups.

At the conclusion of the double round robin phase, all 16 teams will move on to take part in the four-day finals phase, which will consist of a playoff match-up and a final match-up. Each finals phase match-up lasts for two days. Within each four-team rank grouping (1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16), the highest and lowest ranked teams will play against each other, while the second and third ranked teams will also pair off, with the winners of each match-up then facing off for first place of that group, and the losers facing off for third place of that group.

The four leading teams overall will still be in contention for a place on the Altador Cup winners' pedestal, but now, a fourth place team could sneak to the top on two wins, and emerge victorious!

New match-ups begin promptly at 12:00:01 am NST every day, and you can always see who your team will be facing on future days by making a visit to the Match Schedule page.

During the tournament, if you're wondering how your team is doing, have a look at the Standings page for all the latest information.

Which Neopian team will win the Cup? It's all up to you! Go and play some games!

FAQs wrote:
Q: Can I change teams after I join?
A: No. Once you join a team, you will not be able to switch to another team, so please choose carefully.
Q: Do practice scores count?
A: No. After all, they are practice rounds!
Q: Why is my team losing in the tournament, even though I win all my games?
A: Each team's participation in the Altador Cup is a group effort. You may feel like you are winning lots of games, but others on your team may not be playing as much, or people on another team may be playing even more.
Q: How can I tell how my team is performing?
A: We will post daily results for the Yooyuball, Make Some Noise, and Slushie Slinger match-ups, including the number of wins, losses, and draws.
Q: How many scores can I submit?
A: You can play as many times as you like. All the scores you send will count, but make sure you take some time out to eat and sleep!
Q: Do I have to play all three games (Yooyuball, Make Some Noise, Slushie Slinger)?
A: It isn't required, but it's important for your team to win the match-ups across all three games, as all three games contribute to your team's standing in the tournament. If you only choose to play one or two games, you can still earn Prize Shop points and show off your personal stats.
Q: Will I get a prize for all my effort?
A: If you participate in Altador Cup in any way, you will receive points that you can exchange for prizes in the Prize Shop, which opens at the end of the tournament on July 21st. Of course, the more you participate, the more points you'll earn.
Q: Will I be able to use unused points from previous Altador Cups in the Prize Shop?
A: No, each year's points are separate, and it is too late to redeem old points from previous Altador Cups now. You'll have to earn new points in this year's Altador Cup instead.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Gahhh double round robin.

But yay signups!
*signs up for Darigan straightway*

I've been with them every year <3

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I joined krawk island. There is something kind of nice about their story. I am routing for Dash. I hope it is like cinderella man for him. He's getting kind of old and this is supposed to be his last chance, and he has come pretty close to winning before.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I signed up with the Maraquan team - I'm just such a sucker for watery, pretty colors <3

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I can not get the practice game to work. Some people on the boards are able to play but some are not. What am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I just signed up for Shenkuu (no shock there). I'm a little shocked by how difficult our starting lineup is going to be. Looks like a tough match this year. Good luck to all... but the best of it to Shenkuu.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I definitely signed up for Roo a few minutes ago. I took the quiz for kicks, it told me Haunted Woods. Ah well, sticking with the Rooligans, anyways!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:21 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The new version looks quite a bit different, and plays a bit differently, too. After the first couple of games, I like it better, but I'm sure we'll all be thoroughly sick of it by the time the tournament ends.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

forcesinbalance wrote:
The new version looks quite a bit different, and plays a bit differently, too. After the first couple of games, I like it better, but I'm sure we'll all be thoroughly sick of it by the time the tournament ends.

I don't dislike this version... but I hate playing it in a full screen. I like my mini-games to be played in a smaller screen than this. Ugh. Anyone know how I can make the game smaller? It already crashed Firefox once. (I screwed up my graphics card trying to install new drivers and have to wait for my family to come visit to get it fixed.) I really want to like YYB this year - the big window is going to drive me insane.

Random sadness: no fan shop this year? Only NCMall items? SAD! :(

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Okay, wow on the new version! Rooligans look AWESOME in it!

Uhm...did anyone notice this on their scoreboard? Apparently they'll be tracking who scores what goals even!

"Yooyuball
Goals Scored 0
Goals by Lilo Blumario 0
Goals by Jair Tollet 0
Goals by Fenny Vail 0
Goals by Gordo Gunnels 0
Saves by Clutch Billaban 0
Number of Wins 0
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0"

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next