Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I must say I like the new version of the game.

Except for the fact that the Darigan Yooyus still suck.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ok, I resized my screen and I can play now. I think I like this new version, I've really gotten the hang of passing and moving my players around. The only thing I can't actually do is score a goal. I mean, you have to kind of shoot at an angle to trick the other goalie. It seems like they are impossible to distract almost. It is going to be hard to score a goal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I am using the same tactics as last year and have no problems scoring goals. You just head toward one corner of the goal, then when you're only a bit away quickly turn and shoot the ball toward the other corner. At this point, the goalie should be in front of you and unable to stop the yooyuball.

The trick for the Darigan yooyuball is to aim about 90 degrees opposite the direction you want it to go, isn't it?

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ok, I am starting to get the hang of this. But in the actual game, will I have to send my score?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

smudgeoffudge wrote:
ok, I am starting to get the hang of this. But in the actual game, will I have to send my score?

Yes. Scores will decide who wins the tournament.

It is nice to see actual players and not little robot type figures on the field. The game feels faster, but I am still able to score goals.

Undecided what team to pick yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:08 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well, I finally decided to break my two year tradition with Mystery Island and give Krawk Island a try. What can I say, I'm on a pirate kick that's been going on for months now.

Anyway, I tried a few games of YYB and...well, I have mixed feelings. I've got no problem with the huge size since I have a high-res monitor, and the graphics seem to move pretty rapidly - a little too rapidly in some cases, but most of the time it's fine. I also like being able to see the actual players on the field, it's a nice little touch. As are the new intros for each of the Yooyus...even though they're not really necessary and kinda distract from the game, I have to admit they look really spiffy.

But my complaint about the controls being wonky still remains. Last year I got used to it pretty quickly, but this one...I don't know. It seems easier to lose control of the ball, somehow, and the players don't line back up in their original positions like they're supposed to when I press the up arrow. That's extremely annoying, as I relied on that pretty heavily last year to keep my team's goal safe. And I can't really angle and shoot the ball properly when one or two of my own teammates are in the way!!

Why don't I just pass the ball? Simple: because I can't. It always, ALWAYS gets intercepted. Doesn't matter which ball, doesn't matter what set of circumstances. I always lose it if I pass it. So I don't.

It's only the first day of practice, though...I guess time will tell whether I like this version of the game or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I did notice slight differences in handling, speed, etc. between the players. I think that's pretty neat. :)

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:46 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
and the players don't line back up in their original positions like they're supposed to when I press the up arrow.

Use the Shift Key - players go back to position. If they get blocked by another player, you may have to hit the key again.

I play with one finger on the Shift and the other on the mouse.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Except for the massive resolution requirement, this is definitely as fun or at least better. I am going to have a lot of fun helping LD finally win.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:28 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Daze wrote:
Use the Shift Key - players go back to position. If they get blocked by another player, you may have to hit the key again.

It's the Shift key?? Why on earth don't they say that in the directions? I mean, I know that sometimes "up" is used as shorthand for "shift", but I don't encounter that very often and thus it's not the first thing I think of.

Anyhow...sorry about the rant, I really do appreciate the clarification. I just hate feeling stupid. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Go Lost Desert :D I've recruited my mom, though that may not be all that great. She's bad at flash games :P

I'm not sure how I feel about the new game. It looks great to be sure (kikos bounce instead of run :lol: ) but on my first game I only got one goal. I usually get 8 or 9 so this will be interesting. Guess I'll need to start practicing.

GO LOST DESERT GO LOST DESERT GO LOST DESERTTTT WOOOOOO :D *needs a sig banner*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Rakumel wrote:
Daze wrote:

It's the Shift key?? Why on earth don't they say that in the directions? I mean, I know that sometimes "up" is used as shorthand for "shift", but I don't encounter that very often and thus it's not the first thing I think of.

Anyhow...sorry about the rant, I really do appreciate the clarification. I just hate feeling stupid. :oops:

:) No worries. I just read the instructions on the game and it only mentions the arrows, not the Shift key. Weird. I just remembered using Shift last year.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:05 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Daze wrote:
Rakumel wrote:
Daze wrote:

:) No worries. I just read the instructions on the game and it only mentions the arrows, not the Shift key. Weird. I just remembered using Shift last year.

Good luck.

Thank goodness you did! :lol: I just played a few more games, and the team lines up nicely now that I'm pressing the correct key. The rest should just be a matter of practice - so far, I've managed to score an average of 3-4 goals per game.

Interesting that they're now apparently keeping track of not only how many goals you scored, but how many each team member scored. I'm wondering why they decided to do that this year. Will it be something a little extra, like special recognition for the player who scored the most goals? Or will it actually affect our scoring and determine who wins?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I joined Shenkuu... wavered slightly over Krawk Island though, especially when the test said I should be with them! My decision is totally based on who I would like to win, which in turn is based on what type of paint brush I would like to see in the prize shop! I'd quite like a pirate one, but in the end Shenkuu is just too pretty!

Haven't tried the YYB yet, I'm aiming only to play five or six practice games, or at least only to play until I've got the hang of it again, don't want to get sick of it before it officially starts!

Double round robin... I do kinda think this is good, as I'm away two days next week, and this means I don't need to play intensively to catch up

I know it could change, but last year am I right in thinking the top shield required 2000 games of YYB? Which is about 56 games a day? Yikes!

Kind of sad they released the same backgrounds as last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:41 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Still undecided so I took the test and ended up with Shenkuu. Don't suck in YYB anymore, I can hold the game at 1-0 or 2-1, which isn't much but is a whole lot better than my 0-3's of last year (which was why I stuck to MSN & SS last year), besides, every little bit helps.

Is the AI same for all teams or will they all play differently?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next