Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split III
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:41 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Krawk Island defeated us?! :o
This wasn't exactly... expected, as we tied with Roo Island.
Mystery Island is a tough opponent, and we MUST win most, if not all, of our upcoming matches...

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:25 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Meridell drawing against Roo was a bit of a surprise result though wasn't it? I mean, Shenkuu beat Meridell at YYB, and Roo swept us, so on that logic Roo would have no trouble beating Meridell.

I'm intrigued at Faerie not winning anything- you'd think they'd sneak one in when a team decides to slack off against them!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:57 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Valrigard wrote:
Krawk Island defeated us?! :o
This wasn't exactly... expected, as we tied with Roo Island.
Krawk Island is probably the toughest team in this year's Cup. There's no shame in losing to them. :)

I think the Rooligans' weakness is that, being mostly AC vets, we tend to overestimate the teams that have done very well in previous years but underestimate the up-and-coming teams like LD and Meridell. I wouldn't be surprised if MI and Kreludor do us some damage in the second round, they are both shooting up the rankings table.
gingernut wrote:
I'm intrigued at Faerie not winning anything- you'd think they'd sneak one in when a team decides to slack off against them!
Poor Faerieland really are a laughing stock. :/ I hope they do win something, just to prove us wrong. :hug:

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:13 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I get the feeling FL is made up mostly little girls who are in it for the cute, rather than people who will knuckle down and go for 60, 70 games a day (which makes it doubly hard on those who actually do). They should pull FL out next year, so it'll have a better chance when it comes back.

Altador today- hope we sweep, as we have HW tomorrow :eek: don't you just hate successive 1+3 teams? so annoying!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:27 pm 

is it just me, or is Maraqua's center guard flippin huge!

On topic- I am surprised that Roo tied with Meridell at YYB, that's going to have to be a team to watch out for in the next round for sure.

Imagehttp://neopets.com/~Reika_Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

eilu wrote:
I get the feeling FL is made up mostly little girls who are in it for the cute, rather than people who will knuckle down and go for 60, 70 games a day (which makes it doubly hard on those who actually do). They should pull FL out next year, so it'll have a better chance when it comes back.

Altador today- hope we sweep, as we have HW tomorrow :eek: don't you just hate successive 1+3 teams? so annoying!

I am surprised that Faerieland hasn't even won or drawn a round of the sidegames. I hope they win something at least. :)

Woo for another sweep. Hopefully we'll do the same today. I think if we keep working hard we should be able to handle HW. :)

With all the shakeups in the matches lately, it's been good news for Shenkuu I think. Since we've been having relatively 'easy' matches it's allowed us to gain some momentum. I hope we can keep this up!

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:01 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Whatever anyone says I still believe the "freshness" factor actually affects the result big time.
Saturday - RI vs KI. RI wins
Sunday - RI vs MD. tie
Monday - KI vs MD. KI sweeps
Both RI and KI played their hearts out on Saturday - each of their hard-core players played at least 50-100 games more each. This made them slack on Sunday. I know this, because as an KI member, I did not put in a single game on Sunday (good that we played TM that day, so we still anyway got the win). I saw my brother playing only a handful of MSN games that day too (he put 250 YYB games against us on Saturday). So, MD, which basically does not have any wins against any top-8 team, actually capitalized getting a tired RI team.
Yesterday I put up reasonable numbers against MD, as did other KI guys (because we knew MD drew RI) - so MD did not have a chance!
I am pretty sure if MD played KI on Sunday and RI on Monday, they had a better chance to tie KI - but they would have been swept by RI.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:34 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

*stares at Maraqua player sprites*

Oh, they didn't.

TELL me they didn't draw a Koi with feet. :x

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:31 am 

afyapardess wrote:
*stares at Maraqua player sprites*

Oh, they didn't.

TELL me they didn't draw a Koi with feet. :x

...erm for the record, a lot of the painted pets that are not soposte to have feet do.

An oversite on whoever did the design of the revamped YYB?

Imagehttp://neopets.com/~Reika_Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Koi does look quite odd. And the Skeith in the middle of the Maraquan team is quite irritating.

BUT. Minor gloat: I finally did it. At 1021 wins, I managed to bring my goals per game average up to 11. :D Now...to try to bring it up to 12....

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:05 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

a lot of the players look odd- Meridell's jubjub goalkeeper has hands (or looks like it does), LD's draik has a snout so big he looks like he's about to tip over, Brightvale's plushie skeith has that odd posture (like he's tipping backwards) and a goofy grin, but yeah, a koi with feet takes the cake. :lol:

And just how are Maraqans playing YYB on land anyway? Do they just slither around the grass and have water-filled breathing tanks?

200th YYB for me, rank 4. That's it for now, I'm done for the day- 1+3 teams are annoying. :x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:14 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

And another sweep for Shenkuu! At least it gives us some momentum in the run up to today's match against Haunted Woods. I think we're on a streak of something like four sweeps in a row, pity it'll probably end today!

Edit: just had a weird thought- recently there have been limits on the number of points you can get for battling in plots... what if there's a limit to the number of YYB games you can play? I'd hate to get to 2000 and then discover only the first 500 counted!

I just noticed Faerieland won their YYB match yesterday... poor Brightvale!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

gingernut wrote:
Edit: just had a weird thought- recently there have been limits on the number of points you can get for battling in plots... what if there's a limit to the number of YYB games you can play? I'd hate to get to 2000 and then discover only the first 500 counted!

I just noticed Faerieland won their YYB match yesterday... poor Brightvale!

I seriously doubt they would limit the number of points you can get for YYB games. I mean, what'd be the point in the different rank shields if they did?

And wow! Congrats to Faerieland! They needed something to break their losing streak - and on the last day of the first round robin, no less!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:47 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Here's something interesting to think about. The first AC's top prize was 10,000 points, AC II top prize jumped to 25,000 points. Wonder how much this year's prizes will cost?

I really wanted to be able to afford the top prize this year but I think I may not, even though I'm confident that I will get over 2,000 games by the end. Because a lot of my friends have already gone over 2,000 and are still going strong! :o And I thought *I* had no life and played too much YYB

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Meer wrote:
Here's something interesting to think about. The first AC's top prize was 10,000 points, AC II top prize jumped to 25,000 points. Wonder how much this year's prizes will cost?

I really wanted to be able to afford the top prize this year but I think I may not, even though I'm confident that I will get over 2,000 games by the end. Because a lot of my friends have already gone over 2,000 and are still going strong! :o And I thought *I* had no life and played too much YYB

I'm debating if they're going to make it changed this year. One of the big things they said when the Cup started was not to play *too* much, which leads me to believe that the points system/prizes will probably be about the same as last year. I can't imagine them creating a prize that people who make it to the top shield cannot get. This is, of course, and assumption, and we know TNT.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next