Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Haunted Woods Plot General Discussion (Split#29)

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:53 am

Continue on

http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29948

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:58 am

call me crazy, but I kept refreshing the last post, waiting for a reply, and then after the 3rd refresh, I noticed it was locked :oops:

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:06 am

I've gotten quite a few names crossed off, lets say 10-15, but really what it takes is constant refreshing at the main page, and if more than one new graveyard becomes available at once choose the second or third one up, they're barren (as in people only usually go to the NEWEST/last one on the list). I do feel for you poor dial-up people. I suggest coming on quite early in the morning, there's rarely too much activity then. I did a small experiment using my laptop rather than my easier-to-use PC and found that I had a much harder time with the laptop. A couple of other suggestions is to jump rows whenever possible (in diagonally adjacent squared) to get more secluded grave and to whip yourself as far away from the graveyard entrance as possible and start there. Good luck m'dears!

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:08 am

WolfMaiden wrote:call me crazy, but I kept refreshing the last post, waiting for a reply, and then after the 3rd refresh, I noticed it was locked :oops:

Meh...it wouldn't even let me see page 15...it kept saying there was nothing there...so I went searching for the next split. :/

EDIT: Oh oh oh!! ::points to star:: YAY!! I have my first star!! ^______^ ::dances:: <3
Last edited by CauldronCake on Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:08 am

*reads comic*

*looks back at massive field of upturned graves*

"You've got to be kidding, right?"

"Holy living ****."

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:15 am

CauldronCake wrote:
WolfMaiden wrote:call me crazy, but I kept refreshing the last post, waiting for a reply, and then after the 3rd refresh, I noticed it was locked :oops:

Meh...it wouldn't even let me see page 15...it kept saying there was nothing there...so I went searching for the next split. :/

EDIT: Oh oh oh!! ::points to star:: YAY!! I have my first star!! ^______^ ::dances:: <3

It looks like...the posts from page 10-15 of the last split were moved from the Split 28 thread to the New Plot Part thread? Which...I thought by PPT rules, shouldn't exist (all relavent discussion should be in the split threads), yet is still open? *confused*

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:24 am

Is it really possible to access the graveyard with a link if you remember the old name of it. I posted about this on the neoboards to alert the staff and people say it doesn't work, and I am nuts. But you guys said that you got it to work. I am not trying it because I think it is cheating, but I think the staff does need to know that some people are going to have hundreds of points while others are lucky to get one or two points.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:55 am

smudgeoffudge wrote:Is it really possible to access the graveyard with a link if you remember the old name of it. I posted about this on the neoboards to alert the staff and people say it doesn't work, and I am nuts. But you guys said that you got it to work. I am not trying it because I think it is cheating, but I think the staff does need to know that some people are going to have hundreds of points while others are lucky to get one or two points.

It does, it just won't work if you are in a graveyard already. You have to copy the link with the new graveyard name, then exit your current graveyard, otherwise you'll end up in the same graveyard as before.
I just hope that TNT won't freeze anyone for it.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:58 am

good God. this is terribly insane! i can't find an unmarked grave!

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:03 am

I do wish they would add more than 1 or 2 graveyard at a time, maybe 5 or six...

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:04 am

ainynn wrote:good God. this is terribly insane! i can't find an unmarked grave!

All this talk of "unmarked graves" is pretty disturbing, IMO.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:04 am

And that is why, my dear, I am simply not doing this part of the plot. ::plops down on the ground with a picket sign with the word PLOT painted on it and a big red X crossing it out in her hands:: "We shall not be mooooooooved..."

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:06 am

yes, actually...graves in general is scary. that's my honest opinion :)

CauldronCake wrote:

And that is why, my dear, I am simply not doing this part of the plot. ::plops down on the ground with a picket sign with the word PLOT painted on it and a big red X crossing it out in her hands:: "We shall not be mooooooooved..."

*LOL* does it have any impact on the ending? like minus points? :D
Last edited by ainynn on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:06 am

kiay wrote:
smudgeoffudge wrote:Is it really possible to access the graveyard with a link if you remember the old name of it. I posted about this on the neoboards to alert the staff and people say it doesn't work, and I am nuts. But you guys said that you got it to work. I am not trying it because I think it is cheating, but I think the staff does need to know that some people are going to have hundreds of points while others are lucky to get one or two points.

It does, it just won't work if you are in a graveyard already. You have to copy the link with the new graveyard name, then exit your current graveyard, otherwise you'll end up in the same graveyard as before.
I just hope that TNT won't freeze anyone for it.

I'm sure (or I hope) they won't, because if they didn't want this to happen, they'd use NEW randomly-generated graveyard names, not all the same old ones.... ^^";;

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:11 am

ainynn wrote:yes, actually...graves in general is scary. that's my honest opinion :)

CauldronCake wrote:

*LOL* does it have any impact on the ending? like minus points? :D

I really hope not, but I honestly have no earthly idea. :/ It'd be pretty cruel-hearted of TNT to not give points simply because we're not "fast" enough...particularly with so many Dial-Up players. But you never know...::shrugs:: I guess I just don't care enough to bother with giving myself a case of NPF (Neopets Plot-Frustration who missed my last post mentioning it).
Topic locked