Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:23 pm

finally got it!!!!! thank you!!!

Leafy Slorgblossom R>G
Bumroot G>B
Bumroot B>P
Bumroot R>G
Salt G>B
Leafy Slorgblossom B>P
Bumroot P>Pi
Bumroot Pi>4C
Bumroot R>B
Salt B>P
Bronze Sansom P>Gr
Crushed Jupleberries Gr>Pi
Leafy Slorgblossom Pi>4C
Bronze Sansom 4C>GY
Leafy Slorgblossom GY>SP
Bronze Sansom SP>SR

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:36 pm

For my third potion it went

Bronze-> Green
Leafy->Blue
Bumroot->purple
Bronze->Grey
Crushed->Pink
Leafy-Rainbow
Leafy->Blue and Yellow
Salt->Sparkle
Salt-> Red and Grey

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:00 pm

Any idea how long till the next step?

I'd love to do a slightly harder step, that doesn't take too long... Ah well hopefully the next step'll be more interesting

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:02 pm

Yeah, that step was easier than I thought, given the steps before it. I'm just glad it didn't end before I got to do it at work. (Only have dial-up at home and it takes forever). Oh well, back to the waiting room.

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:37 pm

Well, usually the plot has been updated on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. So the logical next update time would be today, but they may wait till tomorrow (Halloween) or they may update on both days. We'll just have to wait and see ;)

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:26 pm

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:Well, usually the plot has been updated on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. So the logical next update time would be today, but they may wait till tomorrow (Halloween) or they may update on both days. We'll just have to wait and see ;)

Yeah, if they're planning something big for tomorrow, they might just wait.
That's allright with me though; things have been moving pretty steadily with this one.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:46 am

Gah!! I'm stuck on the second step and quickly loosing my mind!! I would love to have this part of the plot over before I have to go to work tonight, but at this time its not looking good... I can get from Red to Green to Blue to Purple to Gray to Pink, its the multi color that I'm having issues with!!

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:10 am

sparkiling_ember wrote:Gah!! I'm stuck on the second step and quickly loosing my mind!! I would love to have this part of the plot over before I have to go to work tonight, but at this time its not looking good... I can get from Red to Green to Blue to Purple to Gray to Pink, its the multi color that I'm having issues with!!

It's just a systematic matter of trial and error. Write down how you got to Pink, and then just try each one one at a time :)

You may also need to backtrack - eg. find a different way to get to Pink (or another colour), if none of the ingredients give you the multi-coloured swirl.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:29 am

sparkiling_ember wrote:Gah!! I'm stuck on the second step and quickly loosing my mind!! I would love to have this part of the plot over before I have to go to work tonight, but at this time its not looking good... I can get from Red to Green to Blue to Purple to Gray to Pink, its the multi color that I'm having issues with!!

If you already know what ingredients are red, green, and blue, perhaps this may help (note, black -- grey-- is not necessary):

red > green > blue > green = purple

purple + blue = black
purple + red = black
purple + green = pink

black + red = pink
pink + red = black

pink + green = rainbow

rainbow + red = swirly yellow-green
rainbow + blue = black
rainbow + green = (wrong)

swirly yellow-green + blue = sparkly purple

sparkly purple + red = swirly silver-red
Last edited by anjuna on Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:33 am

:evil: when will you follish mortals learn is's different for everybody it's easily trial and error and you need to write it down it makes it a lot easyer :evil:

Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:41 am

:battar: This foolish mortal knows there is a logical pattern. I may not be explaining it the way 100% people can understand it, but that is my fault.

EDIT: In other words, it is trial and error. But I did it so that others would not have to. Once you can get to pink on PURPOSE, not accident, lol :P you can get to the rest without trial and error, since I already tried (and errored). Heh.

EDIT 2: Wow, shame on me. Took me a while to realize this stage might be so much harder for those that are simply red/green color-blind. :( (For those that are, the cauldron images are actually labelled 1-10 in the color sequence order, not that that helps much, but it may?)

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:42 am

Have you been keeping track of what you're putting in? Another thing is...at least in my case...if your pot reverts a color, it's thrown off and you should probably start over. Another thing you should do on top of that is follow one of the many many many many color charts throughout the posts (I posted one on the very first page of the very first Potion Making Post). By keeping track and following a chart, it should be a little easier to complete the task. Hope that helps. ;)

Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:52 pm

*stops banging head on table*

That last potion took forever! At least they could have given me at least 1 re while trying to figure that thing out. :P
Topic locked