Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: The Battle is on!: Wave 1 (split #1)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
Previous thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30147

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:27 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Before I got to school this morning I was able to battle the three opponents twice for each one and the lag wasn't as bad as it is now. Hopefully it'll clear up for the sake of everyone else!

I'd say something witty if I could. But we can't always be so smooth.

Post subject: Re: The Battle is on!: Wave 1 (split #1)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:28 am 

"While I am think it is ok to vent some frustration, please bear in mind that TNT must be respected because after all they permit us to play on their site with everything they do.

If you haven't been in charge of people and of projects it is easier to complain about everything. Think of the complexities involved and think that TNT is probably head over heels to try to correct the lag. They must be as sorry as we are.

In short give them a break!"

That opinion would be a lot more justified if this was TNT's first war in the battledome. It isn't. They've had several previous chances to learn what they need to do to keep lag down in the battledome. If they're "head over heels" in trying to correct the lag they shouldn't be - it's not like this is the first time this has happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:30 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I have a question. Will the weaker waves still be available to fight when new and stronger waves are released?

Post subject: Re: The Battle is on!: Wave 1 (split #1)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:34 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Freezewraith wrote:
"While I am think it is ok to vent some frustration, please bear in mind that TNT must be respected because after all they permit us to play on their site with everything they do.

If you haven't been in charge of people and of projects it is easier to complain about everything. Think of the complexities involved and think that TNT is probably head over heels to try to correct the lag. They must be as sorry as we are.

In short give them a break!"

That opinion would be a lot more justified if this was TNT's first war in the battledome. It isn't. They've had several previous chances to learn what they need to do to keep lag down in the battledome. If they're "head over heels" in trying to correct the lag they shouldn't be - it's not like this is the first time this has happened.

Yes, but this 'war' is comming after a string of miniplots, so there is a LOT more user activity, I'll bet.

As there are more users, there WILL be a bigger server load, and likely, it will probably be more than expected, or more than they are capable of at the minute...

The most we can do is hang tight and hope they'll do something soon. It's not like they're doing this on purpose. >>

Okami Fangirl <3 Eternal Ordeal Oekaki
Neopets: zafara_fan_8000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:37 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
I have a question. Will the weaker waves still be available to fight when new and stronger waves are released?

Odds are that once the fisrt wave has been beaten, we will not be able to battle them anymore, but this is the first battle based plot I've taken part in, aside from the one fight during the LDP. So I don't know for sure, but who knows......

"Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
Premium Invites Available - 11 Remaining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:45 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Just to see how bad the lag is, how many times has everyone else been able to battle the gravestones up to this point? For me, in total, its been about 8 times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:48 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

swtaznangel wrote:
Just to see how bad the lag is, how many times has everyone else been able to battle the gravestones up to this point? For me, in total, its been about 8 times.

I got a few battles in last night before the lagging got really bad so my total is 25.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So I guess I've gotten a total of 37 battles in. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:49 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The lag is terrible, I kill the graves, yet gain nothing...

Now only the war challengers are avaialble in battledome, question though, was this the same thing when LDP challengers arise? Only scordax, razul and spirit available or all challengers available, since I can't remember...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:54 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Don't think the lag this bad in pre-time restriction NQ.

Managed to get 23 [1/1/20] so far. My first 3 battles didn't count apparently. o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:57 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Wow, xD I actually thought I was doing pretty well with just 8 battles in with how everyone is complaining about the lag... Man, good job to you guys who have been patient enough to do that so many times. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:58 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
Now only the war challengers are avaialble in battledome, question though, was this the same thing when LDP challengers arise? Only scordax, razul and spirit available or all challengers available, since I can't remember...

During the LDP plot all challengers were available not only the LDP-challengers. The fact that we can only fight the HWP-challengers means it's a real war rather then some temporary extra opponents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:59 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

crashbash wrote:
Quote:

Odds are that once the fisrt wave has been beaten, we will not be able to battle them anymore, but this is the first battle based plot I've taken part in, aside from the one fight during the LDP. So I don't know for sure, but who knows......

It's been somewhat different for each war. In some wars, there are limited numbers of each opponent, and once all of them are defeated, they can no longer be fought (unless TNT decides to release more). The previous waves remained available as new ones came out, so long as there were still numbers greater than 0 in the "number remaining" column that appeared next to them in the Battledome. The Tyrannian War, the original Sakhmet War, and the Battle for Meridell (Meridell War 2) all had limited opponents.

The Meridell War, Hannah and the Ice Caves war, and the Curse of Maraqua war all had unlimited opponents. However, the HatIC war removed many of the opponents halfway through the war, much to everyone's annoyance. Also, while the Curse of Maraqua opponents were available the whole time, there was a ridiculous rank system that made it so you only got points from opponents your own rank. Each rank got a new opponent in each wave, but it was extremely unbalanced, as these were all worth the same points. People with weaker pets ended up with much higher scores than those with stronger pets.

Lastly, in some wars, users have been able to pick from two teams, making things a bit more interesting. The Meridell War, the HatIC war, and the Curse of Maraqua war allowed users to pick teams.

This war seems to be similar to the Meridell War in that there are unlimited opponents, and to the Tyrannian War, Sakhmet War, and Battle for Meridell in that it has only one side. There is one thing that is missing, though, that every previous war has had: a page that said how many points a user had contributed to the cause, or a trophy on the userlookup that updated as a person defeated more opponents.

IDB Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:00 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I managed it by playing games or doing something else while I wait. Definately passes the time.

I don't seem to get blank pages, it must be my browser.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next