Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Journey to the Lost Isle Discussion (split #3)

Thu May 03, 2007 2:09 am

Journal: http://www.neopets.com/mip/index.phtml
Comic: http://www.neopets.com/mip/comic.phtml

Thread #1: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33168
Thread #2: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33176
Thread #3: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33192

Walkthrough:

Day One

Visit the Journal and click on the button that says To the puzzle. (Note: As of May 2, this button no longer appears. Click the link provided instead.) That will take you to a game where you must help Scrap sort all of the various items on the ship into a neat square. The game is a little like Tetris or Tangrams, and most (if not all) people have different puzzles. It usually helps to put the oddly-shaped pieces together first and fit the rest around them, but there are many techniques to use. Once you're done, click Submit. You will have to solve 3 of these puzzles in all, and the procedure's the same for each of them.

If you get stuck, feel free to post a screenshot in this thread to ask for help. Make sure your images are under 500 pixels wide. Any larger and you'll stretch people's screens. If your image is wider than that, please link to it. If you don’t know how wide it is, right-click on it and select properties.

Day Two

Visit Chapter 2 of the comic. On the last page (page 4) click on the last cell of the comic. This will allow you to challenge the Ravenous Monster in the Battledome. It deals water, earth, and physical icons, so a Leaf Shield is recommended if you want to defend (and have one already--it's very inflated now). The faerie ability Burrow is also very useful.
Last edited by Pudding on Thu May 03, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 03, 2007 2:11 am

ok, it got split so ill ask again lol, how many times do i have to beat him, any clue?

Thu May 03, 2007 2:14 am

Blessedbyfalling wrote:ok, it got split so ill ask again lol, how many times do i have to beat him, any clue?

Until you get sick of it, I guess. :P

In all seriousness, I would imagine that you only have to beat it once, to get credit for doing it as far as plot progression's concerned. But I don't know if you'll get any "extra credit" for beating it multiple times. Easy way to beef up your BD stats, though.
Last edited by Rakumel on Thu May 03, 2007 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 03, 2007 2:16 am

what were the max-outs on the last bunch, does anyone remember?

Thu May 03, 2007 2:17 am

Can't recall, but I think the page is still up somewhere.

I just won my 40th battle and i'm pretty sick of it, lol. I will probably cut myself off at 50.

Thu May 03, 2007 2:20 am

Murrrf.

Help again please?

Thu May 03, 2007 2:21 am

I never, ever pay attention to battledome (both my pets are a mere Level 2) so I'm training them now but the process is so tedious, I'm worried about getting far behind!

Any quick tips on easy tactics to beat this guy?

Thu May 03, 2007 2:24 am

i just beat him with a level two pet using a scrab ring and a scrab stone slingshot, the trick is (or was for me) to have more hitpoints for example 45/12 ... you get the idea =) goodluck :)

Thu May 03, 2007 2:26 am

I just used a Spider on a String and a Lost Desert Dagger, and it usually beats him in one move.

Thu May 03, 2007 2:27 am

Try two leaf shields. Block and defend every turn until he stops attacking. It should be about three. Then just attack. simple.

Does having 50/5 hp really help? I thought it goes back down as soon as you get hit once....

Thu May 03, 2007 2:27 am

:o

I cannot believe that we're battling already in this plot! I never really train my pets like that. But at this level its not that bad especially for my lab pet, :evil:

Have you seen the price of leaf shields lately?

Thu May 03, 2007 2:31 am

You can get 2 leaf shields for under 30,000, and they're quite useful. I guess you really only need one. Anyway. has there always been a level marking under the items in the battledome?

Mud Mixture

(Level 1)

?

Thu May 03, 2007 2:34 am

Blessedbyfalling wrote:ok, it got split so ill ask again lol, how many times do i have to beat him, any clue?

Once should be enough, I did it 35 times because I wanted my stats to be at 90.00% won XD

gardenstomp wrote:I never, ever pay attention to battledome (both my pets are a mere Level 2) so I'm training them now but the process is so tedious, I'm worried about getting far behind!

Any quick tips on easy tactics to beat this guy?

I used Enchanted Wooden Bow & Earth Faerie Slingshot and I've some abilities such as burrow, sink, drain life (I also love using twisting vines but the other 3 are some of my fav) which I used for my last 10 or 15 battles, I was using berserk attack for the first ones.

Hope that helps :]
Last edited by blood_baby on Thu May 03, 2007 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 03, 2007 2:36 am

unr4veled wrote:You can get 2 leaf shields for under 30,000, and they're quite useful. I guess you really only need one. Anyway. has there always been a level marking under the items in the battledome?

Mud Mixture

(Level 1)

?

Yeah, I just noticed that too...

Thu May 03, 2007 2:36 am

Meh, I just beat him for the 50th time...no more of that, lol.
Topic locked