Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup [split #4]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:50 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
We're less than 15 minutes away from a new Neopian day, and the results are STILL not up.
I bet they have a program to calculate the scores, but someone has to actually input those scores onto the "standings" page, and nobody did.
And as for the "the Cup is rigged!" theory...if they were trying to "fix" the scores, wouldn't it make more sense for the scores to be posted in an orderly fashion?

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:06 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Geez. It's a new day, and now there's two days of standings that's under review. TNT, oh TNT.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:25 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

amarise wrote:
Well, in addition to some people not having their scores updated, I just now noticed that I have exactly 70 more wins than I should. I've been keeping meticulous track of my wins, (Yes, I know. :P ) and 70 is the amount I play every day, which means that yesterday's scores somehow got doubled. TNT has a bigger problem on their hands than I thought........... If I were them, I'd try my best to find the accurate game counts for everyone, but I'd throw out today's results and schedule a re-match.
*sigh* 'Under Review' for two days. I needn't have bothered obsessively refreshing the standings yesterday. I think Moongewl's point is a good one though - if the actual typing in of scores is done manually, and they were all running around like headless chickens yesterday trying to do this quickref update and deal with the glitches, a little thing like the AC standings might have slipped down the to-do list...

My personal score is correct, though.

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:01 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I would buy that, except for the fact that the Altador Cup is a HUGE deal -- not only are they advertising it on TV, but it's probably the site event they brag about most in press releases and to advertisers. This is a month-long event they're throwing to bring in visitors and lots of revenue -- it's not a little thing, and they wouldn't forget to update the scores. Some people's individual scores still haven't been updated from two days ago, some people have doubled scores from yesterday, some have too few... not to mention that the site itself has been laggy, spitting out 404 pages every so often, and even down for several hours yesterday. Something obviously went wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:07 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

My scores were correct yesterday, but with the latest score update, I seem to be missing about 30 of the 90 YYB games I submitted last night and maybe all of the MSN scores. I think the only MSN score that got applied was the one I got a "reviewed and accepted" neomail about today--which means it was from night before last. Perversely enough, my SS score looks correct.

Something has definitely fallen down and gone boom.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:54 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Cranberry wrote:
I would buy that, except for the fact that the Altador Cup is a HUGE deal -- not only are they advertising it on TV, but it's probably the site event they brag about most in press releases and to advertisers. This is a month-long event they're throwing to bring in visitors and lots of revenue -- it's not a little thing, and they wouldn't forget to update the scores.
Crumbs, really? I hadn't realised it was such a big deal for their business that side of the pond. I just had it down as a regular site event that was just (generally speaking) better organised and planned than most plots.

Still, though... with everything going FWOOM like it is today, they might have all their people working on getting the site itself working properly again. After all, AC updates CAN wait, whereas things like NP going missing can get really tangly really quickly.

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:38 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

My scores from yesterday got posted, but I didn't get any credit for my wins the day before yesterday. :x Maybe amarise got the points I'm missing. :P

Me in a dress - that's a once in a lifetime opportunity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

The standings from yesterday are in, but not from the day before @.o HURRY UP TNT, LD WORKED THEIR BUTTS OFF :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:23 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Is anyone else surprised that Shenkuu beat Krawk Island at all three games this round? Not that I'm complaining, being a Shenkuu Supporter :P , but I had expected Krawk Island to win, really, with all the support it seems to have around the place.

niel/dark_draconis88 on Neo/GPX+

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:28 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Well, well done Shenkuu!
Me being a RI supporter, all us Roos are glad we dont have to play you again! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:47 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

draconis wrote:
Is anyone else surprised that Shenkuu beat Krawk Island at all three games this round? Not that I'm complaining, being a Shenkuu Supporter :P , but I had expected Krawk Island to win, really, with all the support it seems to have around the place.

I'm not surprised. I suspected that Shenkuu would win, they work the hardest. I think because they had to play against tough opponents right off the bat and lost, they were not motivated to play much (even though Shenkuu has a lot of support, too). Then, with the easier teams, victory felt good and they started pulling it together.

The other top teams however have been playing for a while now, and must be getting bored with it. Right now Shenkuu are the hardest working team, that's why they manage to win each time. At this rate they'll probably even take on of the top three positions..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:53 pm 

My scores are correct, but I'm desperate to know if Krawk Island managed to beat Darigan this time around. I feel good about the match, but...well, it'd be nice to actually KNOW.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

draconis wrote:

Being a proud supporter of Shenkuu myself, I mostly just find it scary how well we're doing, but that might be due to Krawk and Roo Island's players getting bored of the whole thing...but that's just better for us!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

*does a happy dance*

I'm so happy Shenkuu is pulling it together. I know that I personally have a game goal that I try to meet each day. I know it makes me a bad team member... but I'm a little shocked at how well we're doing. It is very unexpected... but a happy surprise.

Anyone else here a glutton for misery and visit the neoboards? Holy goodness... I never knew it was a conspiracy to break the servers just so that Krawk Island would have a plausible excuse for losing to a team like Shenkuu. Apparently, they're going to release a new ninja set of clothing to compliment customization and having Shenkuu take the cup is how it will be introduced into the neopian economy. It's a conspiracy! The only way it can be fixed is to halt the AC and give a rematch. Most of TNT are on Shenkuu anyway, so it wouldn't make a difference, since they fix the scores. Besides, Shenkuu has an easier match schedule, everyone is too tired to play hard against us.

Heehee... it is actually kinda amusing at this point. I refuse to be insulted by hearing that our wins don't count as much as other teams.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Did you see the post that said Shenkuu's players were probably all Asian, so they were online playing before the glitchiness started? That was probably the stupidest one. You guys are just good players, and you've really pulled it together lately. I'm glad you beat Krawk Island.

Now I'm just interested to see who won in the KI/DC match (and of course my own match... I hope RI managed to beat LD, at least in Yooyuball). I waaaant scooore updaaaates.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next