Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Altador Cup [split #4]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Altador Cup Main Page
Yooyuball Hints, Tips, and Strategies
Pixa's Supporter Sets
Rankings Explained
Previous Thread

Remember to follow the forum signature rules--all of the images combined must fit into 400x100 pixels.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject: Re: Altador Cup [split #4]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml ... irl123_6_6

Just wanted add a link to a user lookup that I've noticed doing a good job of helping to explain levels and how to reach them (and figure out how close you are to reaching the next one).

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:20 pm 

Matrinka wrote:

Just wanted add a link to a user lookup that I've noticed doing a good job of helping to explain levels and how to reach them (and figure out how close you are to reaching the next one).

I think that userlookup provides the same info as the lookup provided in the first post in the Rankings Explained link. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lady Galadriel wrote:
Matrinka wrote:

I think that userlookup provides the same info as the lookup provided in the first post in the Rankings Explained link. :)

That's because I added the link into the first post after Matrinka provided it :P

As for the actual Altador Cup goes, I suck. I'm still at the beginner level and I have yet to win a game of YYB :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:53 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm beginning to get tired of the Altador Cup..especially because of the double round robin. In my opinion if a team loses, they lose, and if they win, they win. This rematch stuff is kinda stupid. x.x

Honestly believe this is how they planned to average all of this out. Tire out the bigger teams with no breaks, then let the little teams come in for the sweep when no one plays anymore since they're bored.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

im just soooooo bored of playing YYB im just going to stop right....................now

wow the freedom is amazing! :lol:

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I burned out on Yooyuball about 5 days ago, right after I reached my overall goal (level 5). After 200 games, it got incredibly dull. I think that the double round robin is overkill--last year, it was presumably a lot harder to get sick of Yooyuball.

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:34 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

mayanspypilot wrote:
As for the actual Altador Cup goes, I suck. I'm still at the beginner level and I have yet to win a game of YYB :cry:
Awwwww. :( You've read the tips in the sticky, right? Where are you hitting trouble? Maybe we can help. :hug:

A suggestion for burned-out YYB players. Feel like you could play in your sleep? Decide how long you need to play today - say you need 20 wins, about an hour. Mute the YYB in-game music, and instead find one of your favourite CDs that lasts for one hour. You know that you can stop when the CD finishes, and it helps the time go by. :)

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

afyapardess wrote:
mayanspypilot wrote:
Awwwww. :( You've read the tips in the sticky, right? Where are you hitting trouble? Maybe we can help. :hug:

I've read all the tips and petpages I can fined, and I still have trouble with anything and everything. I did manage to win one game today, but I think it will be my first and last.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Maybe you're doing the same thing I was when first playing YYB.

I thought that to score the ball, I had to shoot it straight into the goal, head-on. Didn't score a single goal. I saw that so many people scoring 9-0 and it baffled me. No matter where I was shooting, the ball was blocked.

I decided to get tricky. Now, I stand at top of the goal (top of the image on screen, that is) and try to shoot my YYBall into the bottom corner of the goal. Or vice versa. The ONLY head on shot I try to make is with a Fairy YYBall. Those curve around the goalkeeper, usually, and go straight on in.

Another secret, that I use, its to click on the edge of the triangle as the YYBall is presented. Click "space" to skip the cut scene. Your forward should run ahead and steal the ball so that you get it before the other team. Granted, I only do this playing 1+3, Left to Right. I like this set up because my goal is always defended by more than one player... and it hurts my wrist less to go L-to-R with my mouse.

Good Luck!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:19 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

mayanspypilot wrote:
I've read all the tips and petpages I can fined, and I still have trouble with anything and everything. I did manage to win one game today, but I think it will be my first and last.
Hey, you won one - you must be doing something right. Have you tried different formations of players? Maybe tried watching a videoed game to see what's going wrong? I remember last year when I played YYB for the first time, I got completely infuriated with it. The Techo fan was always yelling at me for scoring own goals all the time - it was all going too fast for me and for a long time I thought I'd never score a goal for my team. ~:> It took a lot of practice before I started to get the hang of it. Maybe if you do want help, you could walk us through what you do / what happens to the ball after you start a game. :)

EDIT: Some upsets today. By my calculations, Krawk Island currently leads Darigan by a small margin, while Roo Island has slipped to a wider gap in third place, just before Mystery Island. Shenkuu is now seriously competing with the Lost Desert. We need to get our act together, Rooligans. (Where ARE those petpage leaderboards anyway?)

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Shenkuu beat the Roos today!!!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:

Shenkuu beat the Roos today!!!! :D

*blink*

How'd we do that?

On one hand, I'm elated; that was a HUGE competitor to beat... on the other hand... out of all those in the top 4, I wanted RI to win the cup.

But still, way to go Shenkuu! :D

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:38 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Matrinka wrote:

*blink*

How'd we do that?

On one hand, I'm elated; that was a HUGE competitor to beat... on the other hand... out of all those in the top 4, I wanted RI to win the cup.

That brings us 1 step closer to being in the top 4.

We have a good chance of being in the finals, so I would forget about RI and concentrate on getting Shenkuu over the line. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:
Matrinka wrote:

*blink*

How'd we do that?

That brings us 1 step closer to being in the top 4.

We have a good chance of being in the finals, so I would forget about RI and concentrate on getting Shenkuu over the line. :D

Oh, trust me, I've been playing like a lonely jr.high school shut-in. I played enough YYB in the past couple days to make me too ashamed to even admit it on here.

Although, I have to say... I'm a Pittsburgh Pirate fan (if you follow baseball, you understand what I'm saying here). We kinda get used to having our favorite team... and a favorite "good" team to root for in the finals, since we never get there. I'm carrying that attitude into the AC. :D

ImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next