Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Re: Return of Dr. Sloth [Split 10]

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:26 am

10 wins - 1 lose so far. :)

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:34 am

Burrow is extremely effective against this guy. Another thing you may want to try is stalling until he uses his Jade Scorchstone and Thyora's Tear, then freezing and going in for the kill.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:45 am

Knocked out in 3 rounds.
Not going to bother trying again.
I've used up all my tries for today's daily dares so I'll go beat up the junior elite squadron some more.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:51 am

I keep thinking of a couple plots ago when the puzzle was so obscure that TNT had to nudge us in the right direction eventually. I wonder if there is a puzzle out there that we just need to locate. In the comic, it is repeated about finding the token. I wonder if finding it is the new challenge.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:57 am

Arka wrote:I keep thinking of a couple plots ago when the puzzle was so obscure that TNT had to nudge us in the right direction eventually. I wonder if there is a puzzle out there that we just need to locate. In the comic, it is repeated about finding the token. I wonder if finding it is the new challenge.

Well here's what it looks like from the TCG:

Nothing like the disc we've got.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:06 am

Thank you for the picture, Katdragon!

I hate to sound clueless, but what disc do you mean?

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:07 am

In my opinion, if they were trying to nudge us, they'd do more than mention the item again in the comic. They'd say something snarky in the news in order to get us all looking.

This plot started off strong... but now I'm bored. There simply isn't enough to do. I can't battle the new opponent... so its going to be another week (probably) of waiting for something new to be released. Sure, I've got the Daily Dare... but bah. I want a storyline.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:31 am

Matrinka wrote:This plot started off strong... but now I'm bored. There simply isn't enough to do. I can't battle the new opponent... so its going to be another week (probably) of waiting for something new to be released. Sure, I've got the Daily Dare... but bah. I want a storyline.

I agree. But the Daily Dare does have somewhat of a story line this year.

I want an awesome puzzley step.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:36 am

The Grundo Bot just took down my 213 hp pet in one hit. I don't think I have a chance.

edit: Tried again and he hit me for 344. Yep, no chance.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:39 am

Am I the only one who loves that Ylara(?) actually uses the word 'die'? :P

No really, in 90% of anything kid oriented, the word die seems to be utterly taboo...it gets kinda annoying when a major baddy keeps going on about how our hero will be 'destroyed', or 'defeated', but apparently they won't die...

Anyway, I tried fighting that 300 difficulty guy...and died in two rounds. Uh, no. *runs away*

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:46 am

Okay, so the new guy: ouch. I'm hoping to get one win on him, but I think it's going to be by freezing on first round. And much patience. And much trying over and over and over again.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:48 am

I got the first little bad guy done about ten times. However, I've only been playing neopets for two weeks now. So.. I really can't do all that much toward the higher ups. Especially not the 300 rating guy. Ah well, hopefully I'll be around for another plot like this!

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:58 am

I want a puzzle. Gods, battling bores me like you wouldn't believe.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:21 am

I almost beat him...I might try again. ^_^

On the other note I just made 300k in like 5 minutes selling all of my codestones that have been rotting in my SDB. Now its dubloon time lol.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:08 am

wintersoul wrote:The Grundo Bot just took down my 213 hp pet in one hit. I don't think I have a chance.

edit: Tried again and he hit me for 344. Yep, no chance.

It all depends on how you avoid his attacks. My pet has 219 HP, but I have 6 wins against him and I'm going for 10. Burrow and Sink are invaluable, and it may be worth it to buy a Thick Smoke Bomb and/or Scroll of Freezing. It's also critical to wait until he has used his Thyora's Tear and Jade before using your strongest attacks, and that includes freezing.
Topic locked