Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup VII
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:26 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Weird, I thought it started with the news update last night, so shouldn't we still be on day 1? But my team page already has results for "yesterday." I would have played earlier in the day if I'd known!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:17 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sorry Siniri, I did post the timetable, on page 1. :cry: :hug:

14-25 May, Pre-tournament
25-31 May, signups
1-6 June, First Round
7-12 June, Second Round
13-18 June, Third Round
19-24 June, Fourth Round

It started at midnight on June 1, Day 2 started at midnight on June 2.

TNT doesn't give a 'buffer zone' like with plots/events that require steps to be done by a certain day. Each match starts and finishes at midnight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:44 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

June 2nd: Sorry, Daze. I actually read the news each day for once this week, and I based my starting off when TNT posted it into the news. It's my own laziness, really. I loathe the AC. And yet I still force myself to play. So that I can earn points and have the prize shop closed down unannounced before I can spend them.

But hey, RI is currently second in its bracket, so that's not too bad.

And I'm still 18 YYB wins away from rank 1. Ugh.

ETA June 3rd: And RI slipped behind LD, despite winning 2 games (including the "bonus" game) and drawing on 1; that YYB loss was apparently all that mattered. Guess I'll try to play more YYB today. I refreshed, and the ranks make more sense now. RI is still in 2nd. (Daze, thanks for the recommendation on keyboard play, by the way. Though I hate the autoswitching, I really do prefer having the shift key. And my skills at least haven't deteriorated *too* much from last year; I managed to get a few 9-goal games yesterday, and the most goals I've let in has been 2, despite the auto-switching away from my goalie.)

ETAA: Rank 1! Woot! I should get to at least rank 3 this year, hopefully...

June 4th: Staff Tourney is up! Here are last year's results, which could be very useful in picking your team. I actually dropped Snarkie from my team this year... but another goalie did much better than her last year, so... *shrugs* I have a feeling many people will have 4 of the same players. I'm undecided on my second defender, wavering between the rather mediocre Mr. Insane or the totally unknown Kid Hawk (who was decidedly mediocre in a Daily Dare Staff Tourney).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Staff tournament... My Weak 1 team wasn't so hot. (No, not a spelling error. All but one member was WEAK). I think I had the hands-down worst player with a score of 26! *changes team members*

I'm actually playing YYB this year, and may go for Rank 1 :P
I am now used to the power-up kicking. I do not quite have the hang of the turbo run (dust clouds behind), but I've managed it a few times to steal the yyb.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Mr. Insane let me down. Still, I'm pretty happy; I only ended up 87 points off the maximum for week 1 of the Staff Tourney. Comastar and Jimmy James were the best forwards; Breik and Bancha Ninja the best defenders (with Pie very close to BN); Socktastic by far the best goalie.

And I'm rank 4 already, with a bit over an hour's worth of play to hit rank 5. I powered up this year; now I start a game of SS when I have a bit over a minute left in YYB, as well as playing MSN and SoSd while waiting for customers to accumulate. I can get a bit over 7 YYB-equivalents per 15min. of play. Still frustratingly slow, but I force myself to take at least a 10min. break after every 15min. of play, so I can have a life and rest my hands and eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm. I had Pie on my Weak 1 team. Maybe I should have kept her. Isn't there a nursery rhyme about Pie and keeping Pie? Perhaps I'm confused :/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:50 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kreludor is winning. Even though I've hardly participated, I feel special via association once again. :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

AC is over...unless they need a tie-breaker.

No winner announced until the news on the 26th (although I would think Kreludor won, with a tie between Meridell and MI). The standings before being taken down:

Kreludor 79
Meridell 75
Mystery Island 75

I managed to get to All-Star again this year. Cut it very close, finished with only 10 minutes left on the clock.

Final Rank
Congratulations, you've reached the pinnacle of Altador Cup achievement! You've qualified for the ranking of All-Star, the highest level possible. Your fancy new shield is sure to widely admired.
Yooyuball
Wins: 354 Draws: 0
Slushie Slinger
Wins: 90
Make Some Noise
Wins: 780
Shootout Showdown
Wins: 10,442

Staff tournament had 3 rounds. I ended up with 13001 points. Prize shop not open yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:34 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I got 16396 in the Staff Tourney and rank 8 in the regular tournament (+1 extra game of SoSd). Once SS started glitching (probably intentionally on TNT's part) when I switched to other games, I quit until the last day, when I finished up to rank 7. I was going to stop there until I saw the tiebreaker today, and I did manage to level up again.

Congrats on All Star, Daze. That's an awful lot of games. How do you not get CTS?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The Altador Cup Has Ended...
TNT wrote:
The action has been fast and frenzied at this year's Altador Cup, but alas, like all good things, the tournament has come to an end. Huge thanks to all for such a spirited tourney that has turned out to be among the best yet. See you again next year!

Prize shop is open! http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/2012/prizes.phtml

TNT wrote:
The Prize Shop Awaits!
Congratulations! For your participation in this year's Altador Cup, a shiny new trophy has been added to your User Lookup. Also, your prize points are ready for you to spend in the Prize Shop. Enjoy!

I can honestly say that there are no prizes that appeal to me this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:59 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hmm, I have enough for the stamp (+1 point). But I want to get some of each book, and probably a few things for my gallery as well. Decisions, decisions... I already spent my staff shop points so I won't suffer if TNT repeats this year's mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Made sure to buy myself a Kreludor pillow this year. I love pillows, and it's a proper buy given the win has finally been achieved by the Moon. Huzzah! :evil:

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Congrats on All Star, Daze. That's an awful lot of games. How do you not get CTS?
Thanks Siniri. I sent myself a certain amount of games a day. The controls don't really worry me, I can use both mouse and keyboard. :)

I lost my account just after posting, only just got it back.

I made 16,022 points. I will probably buy Altador Cup Throwing Star (an 13 iconer and worth around 1 million nps) and use the rest to buy books.
I will buy Altador Cup VII Commemorative Stamp with neopoints.

I made 13001 in the staff tournament, I just bought the books.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:26 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Daze, you lost your account again? I was hoping TNT would have fixed that problem already. I hope you didn't lose too much stuff, especially irreplaceable things like P3's or zapped P2's.

By CTS, I meant carpal tunnel syndrome. My hand gets too sore to play much more than I do, even if I space out my playing each day. I'm impatient and probably do a lot more keystrokes than needed, especially in the side games, but still... I'm always in awe of people who can make it to All-Star.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:38 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
Daze, you lost your account again? I was hoping TNT would have fixed that problem already. I hope you didn't lose too much stuff, especially irreplaceable things like P3's or zapped P2's.

By CTS, I meant carpal tunnel syndrome. My hand gets too sore to play much more than I do, even if I space out my playing each day. I'm impatient and probably do a lot more keystrokes than needed, especially in the side games, but still... I'm always in awe of people who can make it to All-Star.

The message said my account had been frozen for my protection. Nothing was taken and more importantly, my pet was still on my account. So I have no idea what happened. It certainly was nerve-wracking.

I understand about CTS, but it just doesn't affect me. Maybe because I have a laptop and play sitting in bed. LOL. I use a lot of pillows to prop myself up, mainly because I actually have a sore shoulder which does ache alot if I sit at a desktop for too long.

My main disadvantage is boredom. :) I start out at the beginning of the tournament with great enthusiasm, but it dwindles quickly. I literally sent the last score (to make all-star) 10 minutes before the AC ended.

I also have a lot of spare time.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2