Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Battleground of the Obelisk [Split 2]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow, we won?! After what siniri said about the Thieves team, I was all set to have a loss.

I went ahead and used the Refresh Quest boon. I've hit 750 in defence now, and while I'll be taking it up to 800 eventually, there's still several quests now that I will refresh if I get. Of course, first thing I get is an Air Faerie, so no refreshing there.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:06 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yay for winning! I'm not going to have a lot of time at the computer tomorrow (or the rest of this week), so I decided against the restock boon, and went with the stock market one.

I got 577 wins, mostly evening up the lower Seeker opponents, and then spamming what I could against Kanrik (which wasn't much thanks to how long GMC).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:00 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

*Puts on my best Austin Powers voice* Yeah Baby!! I just restocked my first Black Market Boon items.

Idyllic Nature Scene Background restocked two, got both. I paid 1100nps and it sells for around 36,000. Even if I don't buy anything else, this boon has already been the best for profit.

I even had time to screenie it. I am going to be spending the next week trying to get the chocolate avatar, now that I know I stand a chance of buying something. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Wow, Daze. That's awesome! That looks like a boon I'll be grabbing next time its available. Sadly, I was just moral support this time. With GMC and no time, I only signed up with the bandwagon, but didn't manage to get in any battles during this round.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow, congrats, Daze. Good luck getting the chocolate avvie -- I hear today is your best chance of getting it (because the shop restocks more often due to the discount). Are you usually good at restocking? Others told me that unless you're already good at restocking, the boon is a waste to get. Since my internet is slower than most (though still "high-speed," it's slower than it could be, and I'm also on WiFi), and I wasn't going to have a ton of time, I ignored that boon, but I'll have to consider it next time the Sway roll around.

This is from the Neoboards, regarding the Black Market Boon:
Quote:
The Boon is glitched, only a handful of items actually have the glow. The Black Market Boon items are invisible to all except those with the boon. The problem is this boon is ALWAYS active, even when no player can possibly have the boon due to the Sway losing or not being included in the Skirmish. Since the black market items always stock they get in the way of the shops fully stocking.

Regarding the first sentence, someone trying for the chocolate avatar noticed two R90 items restocking in the Chocolate Shop that were not highlighted.

I'm not sure it's actually a glitch, though. The description of the boon is "Shopkeepers don't offer their finest goods to just anyone, but there's something about you...", which actually seems pretty in line with how it works. It might be a bit annoying that the items are restricted even when the boon isn't active, but that helps explain why they're waiting right at midnight when you activate the boon. And if the items are restricted to boon-users, it makes sense that it wouldn't be every R85+ item that is so restricted. I guess now it's up to JN or TDN or SN (or someone else) to compile a list of which items are "black market goods." Are there any R90+ chocolate items included in the boon?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

A group of users who took the BM Boon last time did compile a list, but I stupidly deleted it. *headdesk*

People think the boon is glitched, but most still don't understand how it works. You are right Siniri on how the boon works.

Basically only a set amount of items are used for the boons. These items don't change (which means as time goes by and more are bought, the value will drop). So it is not every R85+ items that stock but a selection that TNT have already picked out and set up to be used with the boon.

It is correct that the boon is always activated, that is why it is essential that if you can activate the boon at midnight NST, you can go straight to the shops and pick up all the BM goods that have stockpiled during the week/s.

It is very restrictive and annoying. Mystical Surroundings seems to be the easiest shop to grab a highlighted item (for me anyway).

There should be chocolate items, but must be so rare that they never show up more than once a week. I have such bad luck with the Chocolate Shop anyway, I have never seen Chocolate Avatar item in the shop (not even to say I saw it, but missed it!). I have more than enough time on my hands at the moment, I have spent 5 hours + every day since the boon refreshing. :(

I am keeping a list of items so hopefully that will be a small start to helping us with the boon. ( A full break down of what I paid/sold for when it is finished. I also know the Collectable Shells and Stamps have some items.

So far I have bought:

Backgrounds:
Broken Stained Glass Window Background
Dreamy Pink Hearts Background x3
Exploring Kreludor Background
Idyllic Nature Scene x2
Outside Desert Arms Background x2

Books:
Faerie Chombies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Meh. The only times I used the refresh, I ended up with a (more expensive) fire faerie quest. Ah well.

This week: Order, Awakened, or Brute Squad.

I'm personally leaning towards the Order, as they have the best (reliable) boons...though who knows what Awakened will have this time.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm with you Pickles. Order for me. Go Bandwagon!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:45 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Alright, I guess I'll join the Order, too. I need to beat up on them and the Awakened to even things up, but I'm only going to get to one of them this weekend, so it doesn't matter much which one I get to beat up on.

ETA: The bandwagon of three lost. I guess it was inevitable, knowing there's an ASG out there who puts up big numbers every time. I'm actually more surprised we kept up our winning streak as long as we did.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Bummer :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ah well. I am kinda not surprised. I know I didn't battle anywhere near as much as I usually do - it's just too busy at this time of the year. I imagine that was the same for a lot of people. I guess we had to be wrong eventually, anyways. I'll bet the ASG was on the Brute's side this time!

ETA:
New round. Seekers, Awakened, or Sway.
I'd personally prefer Sway...but then, everyone followed my suggestion last time, and look where that got us. :roll:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:10 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm personally feeling a little nostalgic, especially with the recent Advent Calendar animation, which makes me want to join back up with my original Seekers. They've got some good boons, too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

New Split here

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10