Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup XVI (2021)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:32 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I made AS yesterday. I might be able to make my goal of 20k prize points by the end of the Cup. But now it's storming. I may not be playing much more tonight.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Congrats on All-Star, Siniri! I'll just be happy if I get there before the end.
Pickles wrote:
I can max out on SOSD in about 2 1/2 hours or so...
This was totally inaccurate, based on guesses on my distracted playing in chunks. I can do it in about an hour and a half, if I play straight through and am not distracted by other things (this was listening to music, which is not distracting, whereas movies are). I know, because I did so tonight. At about 15 seconds per play (10-12 for the game, plus a couple more for clicks to end/send/restart).

I am rank 14 now. I maxed out on SOSD today, might get in another couple of other games tonight while keeping Mr. P company again.

ETA:
Quote:
kay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 6122 Neopoints!
Agog seems to have kept her position. Kikocat was still not one of the top two, which surprised me. She did improve, but there were still others above her.

Also, OMW, the new YYB version. Regular YYB's showing up as snow....and snow showing up....invisible? I tried it yesterday just to experience the agony I've seen complained about and one game got *5* invisible snow Yooyus in a row. *5*!! Also, the new goalie is super hard to score against. Best I was able to do yesterday was a score of 8. Before that, I managed a couple of 14's, but averaged 10-11. Ugh. At least I'm still on course to finishing in time.

If they could at least make the snows visible again, that'd be something. Also, I want and Invisible Yooyu as a prize in the prize shop. Cheap. So everyone can have one to remember this lunacy.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I swapped out Kikocat for Aesop because he beat her in both rounds, and he's been a little more consistent than Clammyhand. (Plus that name is gross, and I'd rather not have to type it again.) I chose Binary Supagoo for my star player since I had to drop Kikocat, and he's objectively actually the star player, head and shoulders above all the other goalies.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:17 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I swapped out Kikokat for Aesop as well. Aesop for star as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:51 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I just double checked that my team is locked in and realized I'm channeling Harry Potter: female chasers, male beaters, and male keeper. But that's who is doing best right now, so.... *Shrugs*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm an entire day ahead again, which might not be a bad thing as I'm not sure how next week will go yet.

HOWEVER, good news on the YYB front: The snow and normal Yooyus are back to normal - and visible! Also, the goalie seems to have lost his "magnetic hands," so while he's still harder to get past, it's not impossible anymore.

...I want an Invisible Yooyu as a prize shop options. For cheap. Just because. And it needs to have a shadow. ;p

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

They seem to have fixed the green slushie glitch again.

I'm worried they'll be reimplementing captchas for the finals (SlSl and MSN. Which can help shut down the cheaters, but is also a huge pain for humans. I hope they do something, though.

Edit: No captchas, and yet the cheaters seem to have been nerfed yesterday. LD has moved up the bracket standings today, but that might be the regular players being motivated once their scores reflect their own effort? I know if I were on a team with cheaters, I'd be sending absolute minimums and phoning it in.

I'm glad my team played them yesterday. The scores are weird, though, because if you look at the numbers, we should have won all four games, but TNT has us winning only two (and then we won the match on the tiebreaker, but there shouldn't have been a tie...).

I reached double AS yesterday. Woot! The SlSl green slushie glitch is back today. *sigh* At least YYB is working relatively well, and I'm really grateful for no Captchas.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 5880 Neopoints!
I kept Kikocat, just because. Probably should switch her for Aesop, but...something felt right about keeping her. Ah, well. Debating going back to Senor Malo, because he was pretty close to 2nd this round. For the moment, though, I've kept my team as is, with Binary Supagoo as star player. I was surprised that he didn't get that same score this time around.

I'll hit rank 19 shortly into my playing today. I am so wiped out right now, though, that just getting to All Star this year has been almost stressful. 700 points to go...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:02 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yay, I guessed right between Aesop and Clammyhands! I switched out Binary for FroYo because she tends to continually get stronger as the tournament progresses. Otherwise, I kept my team.

Who to choose for star player? I feel like four years does not a "seasoned veteran" make, but what do I know? Last year they did top-scoring fan favorite and most dedicated challenger. I could also see them doing most improved, maybe?

Van Doodle and Binary are tied for top scoring overall right now. Ehlo is most improved if you look at raw point increase. Those two also had the highest score for this past round. So... I think I'll go with Ehlo, because she plays for a water world, and her prize could go in my gallery.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 5990 Neopoints!

(Team was: Agog, Gutterfoot, Aesop, van Doodle and Binary Supagoo)

I was tempted to swap out Supagoo for Froyo, but his first two round scores matched Froyo's this round. He will be gunning for her this round :)

Sticking with Aesop for star player. I am a little surprised that he did not get it this round with the highest round score.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I successfully hit All-Star today. Debating if I'm going to attempt to go any farther or call it here. Either way, I made it. It was grueling this year, though - felt way more exhausting than usual. Except the invisible yooyu days. Those were kinda funny.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:57 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Congrats to both of you for reaching All-Star!

This year, again, I have achieved complete Slacker status. The long loading time of the YYB games was a huge dissatisfier for me this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I didn't find they took any longer to load than usual (though the games have a ton of "dead" time built in, which is annoying). I really hope they tweak them for next year - and lower the caps. Maybe make the caps based on points instead of plays?

I quad-maxed on the last day just because. My team will hopefully podium.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I ended up playing some more, just because I hate ending at 8,800 points. I spent more time than I planned in the last two days, but I certainly didn't quad max anything. Unfortunately, even if I wanted to, I don't have that kind of time anymore. This cup was trying, because between company and school and other obligations, I was exhausted ahead of time. Not gonna lie - I'm glad it's over. I think I went for All Star just out of habit - and because I think there's only been one year I didn't make it.

I won't lie - part of the reason I played YYB in the last few days was to attempt to get more triple-size-ups. Just because it was hilarious.

Quote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 6120 Neopoints!

Guess I should've swapped for Aesop, but...I didn't. Miss Rainbow came out of the blue to beat Agog, too. Kikocat may not have been second, but she still did as well this round as she did last, so I'm not complaining there.

Not sure why they don't count it as a tie between Binary Supagoo and Ehlo Froyo, though. They scored the same.

Overall total (probably less than y'all's by a couple k): 46834

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 6230 Neopoints!

Plus...
TNT wrote:
Congratulations, you guessed it right! Here is your prize for correctly predicting aesop as the Star Player of Round 4.

Aesop Plushie
Please do not use as a voodoo doll if rejected from the Neopian Times...

Sticking with Suapgoo seems to have been just fine, since he tied with Ehlo Froyo this round. Agog came up just a hair short behind, I guess.

Overall happy with my choices this year, ending up with... A PALINDROME!! 47274

I love palindromes. No idea why, but I do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next