Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup XVIII (2023)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I hit All Star late last night (well, technically, this morning my time, but by NST, still last night). I don't think I've ever made it to All Star so early in the tournament (less than halfway through!), but I've maxed out on YYB and SOSD every day, and threw in some Slushie Slinger (because I actually like that game) for good measure. We'll see how much more I do from here. I'll admit to being motivated by just staying ahead of the littles, because BLP keeps bragging about his rank and I've enjoyed heckling him about the fact that I'm still ahead of him. :P

Rooligans are pretty solid in the upper half of the second bracket, and are presently undefeated in Slushie Slinger. I keep hoping we'll bump back up to the bottom of the top bracket, but I'm not sure it'll happen.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:28 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congrats on Allstar, Pickles! Hopefully you can buy the prizes you want this year.

Edit: Hit double AS today. Don't forget to pick your next staff tourney team and star player if you haven't already! I'm ready for a bye day.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 6865 Neopoints!
Binary Supagoo might have to go. He's not scoring even remotely close to the other goalie. I'll decide over the course of the week, I guess. First round, apparently I had Aesop and not Unknown (but thought I'd picked differently, apparently?), hence the difference in scores. I dropped Aesop this week and apparently should've dropped Kikocat instead. Hm.

We're up against Virtupets today. I expect if anyone will dethrone us from being undefeated in Slushie Slinger, it will be them. However, we've gotten ourselves back into the first bracket - currently in 5th - which is WAY higher than we've been in YEARS!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:12 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
TNT Staff Tourney wrote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 6865 Neopoints!

This week's star player was not one of the top scorers? How does that work?

I did not wait. Supagoo out. Willow in.

Star player choice: Fae (again).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:16 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 7255 Neopoints!

Blue, the star player is often not a top scorer.

I had all but one of the top scorers, so I swapped out Kikocat and replaced her with Aesop. Chose Willow for star player.

Edit: Made 3x AS today. On track for quad.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Shocked, y'all. Shocked! Rooligans actually got the win point against Maraqua last night. It was a tough match, though - both teams definitely played their hardest!

It was cool enough when it came down to decimals against Virtupets, but actually getting a win against someone else in the top bracket was pretty cool. Though, looking back, we did come down to decimals against Shenkuu, too. Kreludor and Moltara trounced us, though. Just gotta hang in there against Kiko Lake today (which upset Krawk Island yesterday, so they might actually be an issue) and we can hold our place in the top bracket...which honestly, would be pretty awesome. We haven't been in it for YEARS. If we do manage it, I think it'll make the finals all the more exciting!

Today there are some pretty intense match-ups: Brightvale vs Virtupets and Shenkuu vs Moltara. Definitely an exciting last day of the first round!

I am close to having scored as many points as I did last year, despite us having 6 playable days left. I've missed out playing at all one day and didn't touch SOSD a couple days (this week has been truly a nightmare of epic proportions). I think the lowered caps definitely made me feel like I could max out more than before. I sure hope the prize shop this year is worth it...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:11 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I hit triple AS Friday, but I managed to hurt my left/dominant thumb on my housemate's janky pet gate just in time for finals. Really hoping it feels much better in the morning, or I'll have to ease back for finals. Great timing...

Last edited by Siniri on Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry to hear about your thumb, Siniri!

I really could not get into the AC this year. Too much RL happening, I guess.

Quote:
Congratulations!
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 7750 Neopoints!

ETA - I picked the star player... just bragging rights? No mention of a bonus.

...wait. In my inventory is a
Fae Building Block Figurine

Sweet! 8)

ETA2... they are each are going for a minimum of 4.5M on the TP? Woah :o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 8075 Neopoints!
Managed to match up with the best team this time around. Didn't get the Star player though. Kept the same team and put Willow as Star.

We beat Moltara yesterday. That was kinda cool. Don't expect to win against Kreludor today, though. The seemingly-always-changing places in the brackets are irritating, though!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:22 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Got the same NP as P, but not the star player. Keeping my team the same, and Aesop as star player.

Made quad AS today. No telling who's in first place, since last year TNT changed the scores last minute so the seeming first-place team, regardless of which prior metric you used, ended up in third somehow. So I'm just playing mostly for me, and if the team does well, too, that'll be a nice bonus. (It's still nice to be on a team, but I view it as a game show where the points don't matter.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
ETA2... they are each are going for a minimum of 4.5M on the TP? Woah :o
They'll be much cheaper once they're available in the staff shop (I'm assuming they're going to do that like they have every year for the last several years).

I'm done for the year. I did more this year than I have for the last several years, but I don't know what "rank" I made past All Star. I was actually kinda more motivated by how well the Rooligans have been doing this year. I don't post on the neoboards, but it was fun to keep tabs on the Rooligan board throughout the cup. I'm not sure if we'll see the last day results or not (ever) because I can't remember if they hide them or not, but we've remained undefeated in Slushie Slinger the whole cup to this point. I'm not sure if VP will beat us there today or not - we're their only loss in SS, so there's no telling. I will say that it's nice to actually see a fair amount of green in our stats for a change, though! Also, getting the top bracket trophy will be nice, as well. :)

...now watch, they'll really botch up the podium and the prize shop will be ridiculous. At least this year, I should have more than enough points to get things? I'd hope, at least?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:17 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today I played mainly for team points rather than rank points. I ended up at 27597 total rank points. Will I regret not getting those last 3 points? Hopefully not -- I stopped because my hand hurt, and I only have MSN and SlSl left, both of which would aggravate it.

(I don't know about all those weird rank numbers people share; I just go in #x AS points, which was 6600 this year. So I ended up at 4.18x AS.)

I'm not worrying about what TNT does. TNT gonna TNT. I just worried about what I could do -- play.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Great job, y'all. I am definitely impressed with your ranks.

I did not even make it to Rank 1. I think that I would like to care, but I am pretty sure I do not. My current Neopets setup has not been super conducive to any pages with "flash-style" animation (HTML5?). Even this year's Neggfest hub page was not optimal. I will likely look at a better setup in the future. I actually would like to have played more YYB, but it was not working so well and life continues to throw curveballs my way. Thankfully, none have been too bad in the scheme of things.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

July 3rd:
Don't forget to select your last staff tournament team. The page was down for most of yesterday, but it's back up now.

Bummed that Virtupets swept us - we were almost undefeated on Slushie Slinger. Ah, well. It was still fun to actually play for the team and be getting somewhere this year.

ETA July 4th: Someone has posted a list of assumed prizes. Commentary and link in spoiler.
https://www.neopets.com/~TheLabRayProject
....a collectible card, a coin, and two stamps. I guess TNT didn't learn that this was a bad idea last year? And 3 wearables for each team plus a lot of generics? Eesh. The link seems to be a mix of regular and staff prizes, so who knows which go to which except the ones that are obvious.

No clue if any of the items is a weapon. Was kinda hoping they'd re-release some of the stuff from last year (thunder sticks so I could get them just because), but I guess not. Maybe the Techo Mega Phone will be? It doesn't appear to be a wearable. ETA: It is a battledome weapon, based off the image title. I apparently guessed correctly. There's a whole thread on the Battledome board making guesses as to what it does. We shall see.

At least I should (hopefully?) have enough points for all the stamps this year? Hopefully?

ETA2 July 5th:
Quote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 8070 Neopoints!

56,913 points to spend when the shop opens. Sheeesh.

Total possible (I think I calculated this right): 61,038

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:20 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've got 57,781 total points in the staff tourney.

If there's one stamp each between the two shops, and the card and coin are split, that doesn't seem like too too much to me.

I think I still need to send you the prizes from the last shop, P... PM me what you wanted again! (I think I had several dupes.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next