This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Link Abbreviation

Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:04 am

This is getting a bit annoying, long links are abbreviated with an ellipse in the middle. While they are still clickable and work the first time, if you edit your post, they then become simply text and the link is lost

http://tempest-of-the-dawn.deviantart.c ... c-43760036 -> http://tempest-of-the-dawn.deviantart.c ... c-43760036

Re: Link Abbreviation

Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:26 pm

I agree that it's annoying. However, if the alternative is long links that stretch the page, then it's worth it to me.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Yeah, but sometimes when I try to use the url= trick to make the link not so long, it doesn't always work and still does the ellipses thing and kills the link. Sometimes I have to edit my message 2-3 times, putting in a line-break before the url= and then deleting it for it to work properly. That only seems to happen when I edit a message, too.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:10 pm

Why not just use this code?

Code:
[url=inserturlhere]insert some kind of text (I use "click")[/url]

Easy fix and it only takes a couple more seconds. Plus it looks prettier :)

Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:37 pm

May wrote:Why not just use this code?

Code:
[url=inserturlhere]insert some kind of text (I use "click")[/url]

Easy fix and it only takes a couple more seconds. Plus it looks prettier :)

As I said incoherently just above you, if the link's long enough, editing a post still messes this kind of link up...

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:03 am

I'd rather be able to just post a link.
Last edited by Christopher on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:04 am

Siniri wrote:if the link's long enough, editing a post still messes this kind of link up...

Strange o_O I've never had that problem.
Topic locked