This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Re: SPAM PMs?

Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:42 am

DM was on fire! wrote:yeah, shapu told me that he read my apology first, and lol'd when he read my original response.
...this is like "i don't pay attention to you much" (old school ppters know of what i speak) on steroids. x)

I consider myself old school but I don't know what you mean. *squints*

Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Paul posted a poll long time ago, '04 or '05, asking what shape everyone's tongue was.
I meant to reply with "I don't know, I never pay attention to it much."
I instead replied with "I don't know, I never pay attention to you much."
And then it just went on and on from there. XD

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:54 pm

I was wondering why I recieved 7 of these kind of messages on here. Especially when I haven't been on here in months.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:42 am

Can we please do something about the reply all capabilities? It would appear that it is not obvious to all, due to the number of PMs I've recently been getting that were intended for only recipient. Some of the staff will likely know what I'm talking about.

I'm particularly finding it a concern due to the sensitive nature of some of the PMs.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:45 am

I agree with Alex entirely - please can it be changed so this does not continue to happen?

Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:34 am

Alex wrote:Can we please do something about the reply all capabilities? It would appear that it is not obvious to all, due to the number of PMs I've recently been getting that were intended for only recipient. Some of the staff will likely know what I'm talking about.

Yes; that button should now read "reply all" rather than "reply". Other than that, people sending messages and expecting personal replies should use the BCC address field; and people replying should pay attention to where they're sending their message to.

The only jarring thing about the change is that it was added as part of a minor phpBB patch, and wasn't announced loudly; the functionality itself is valid for most PMs. I do not plan to alter the button's behavior.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:25 am

I just came on to the forums and saw I had a new PM.
I checked and it was this:

[url edited out] <--Here it is!!

Click, answer the simple questions, and RECIEVE YOUR ITEMS WITHIN 12 HOURS!

It worked for me! I got a Faerie Paint Brush and 5,000,000NP!

Try it, send it to your friends!

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:25 am

bluehawaii19, was it from 123xxx123? If so, it should be gone now. If it was from someone else, please let me know. :)

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:28 am

Hunter Lupe wrote:
Alex wrote:Can we please do something about the reply all capabilities? It would appear that it is not obvious to all, due to the number of PMs I've recently been getting that were intended for only recipient. Some of the staff will likely know what I'm talking about.

Yes; that button should now read "reply all" rather than "reply". Other than that, people sending messages and expecting personal replies should use the BCC address field; and people replying should pay attention to where they're sending their message to.

Clearly, I am blind, and missed that. Thanks :)

Admittedly, the BCC field didn't even cross my mine, but now you've brought it up, I can't see why I didn't think of - I use it in games of Werewolf all the time. I'll definitely be using it in the future.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:42 am

Jas Frost wrote:bluehawaii19, was it from 123xxx123? If so, it should be gone now. If it was from someone else, please let me know. :)

Yep that is exactly who it was from. Thanks :)

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:49 am

I concur bluehawaii.

I believe this was another of them spambots sorry for being aggressive.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:23 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:yeah, shapu told me that he read my apology first, and lol'd when he read my original response.
...this is like "i don't pay attention to you much" (old school ppters know of what i speak) on steroids. x)

I honestly thought it was hilarious when I put the second response ahead of the first one.

I was like, "Wait, why's DM telling me that I wasn't supposed to get a PM?"

Then....heh. "Now I get it."
Topic locked