This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Posting Issue

Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:26 pm

I keep getting this message when I make a post:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to process the request:

POST /forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=43&sid=d8ec7112e4b21384bcd53be5ea8a0d90&t=38447 HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/x-ms-application, application/x-ms-xbap, application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument, application/xaml+xml, */*
Referer: posting.php?mode=reply&f=43&t=38447
Accept-Language: en-us
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
UA-CPU: x86
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Length: 581
Host: http://www.pinkpt.com
Pragma: no-cache
Cookie: phpbb3_4wbye_u=9931; phpbb3_4wbye_k=; phpbb3_4wbye_sid=d8ec7112e4b21384bcd53be5ea8a0d90
Proxy-Authorization: Basic cmxrZXRjaHU6RnJlY2tsZWRMZW1vbmFkZQ==

The following error was encountered:

Invalid Response
The HTTP Response message received from the contacted server could not be understood or was otherwise malformed. Please contact the site operator. Your cache administrator may be able to provide you with more details about the exact nature of the problem if needed.

Your cache administrator is root.

The post still goes through, though. Is anyone else getting this?

Re: Posting Issue

Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:34 pm

I seem to get this occasionally

Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:57 am

My IE has been timing out on PPT here and there today.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:37 am

This morning it seems to be working ok. Huzzah!

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:23 pm

Still timing out big time for me. Does it on pretty much every post/PM I send. It makes it very hard to post on here, when I'm not sure if my message has gone through at all!

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:18 am

I have been having the posting/PM issue for almost a week. I either get a white screen and nothing, or a timeout error. The posts seem to go through, but a refresh of the white screen/timeout causes a double PM or post.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:14 am

Just had a thought.

This is identical to what happened on Nov 15, 2008, could it be another DDOS attack? It be worth checking out.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm getting it, too, but I'm also getting the FireFox page "This is a reported attack site" notice when I tried to get here. I had to disable those warnings in order to post this. The notice reads:
Reported Attack Site!
This web site at pinkpt.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences. Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.
Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

I don't know whether this is related but it's worth checking out, too.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Helena wrote:I'm getting it, too, but I'm also getting the FireFox page "This is a reported attack site" notice when I tried to get here. I had to disable those warnings in order to post this. The notice reads:
Reported Attack Site!
This web site at pinkpt.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences. Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.
Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

I don't know whether this is related but it's worth checking out, too.

Yes, I've also been getting that - I've had to disable it in order to post as well.

What's going on? O_O

Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:39 pm

As I understand it, a bot posted some uncool code on PHP pages around the site. The problem has been fixed, and the server administrators (those who own the server, not our staff) have been notified.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:18 pm

shapu wrote:As I understand it, a bot posted some uncool code on PHP pages around the site. The problem has been fixed, and the server administrators (those who own the server, not our staff) have been notified.

Ah. I thought that might have been the issue.

I haven't had a timeout on any of the pages so far today - let's just hope that's sorted.
Topic locked