This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Random words are being made into links.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm

I have noticed it here on PPT and on another forum where random words in our posts are being turn into links for a search engine - SearchSeeking.com. It showed up at the same time as the popup ads by Fruttinet. (which my popup blocker seems unable to block).

Is this part of the new way PPT is funding itself or is this some kind of hijack?

It is very annoying to see much of someone's post turned into links.

Is this happening to just me? or other user's experiencing these two problems?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Re: Random words are being made into links.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:55 pm

I haven't noticed this at all. Nor have I had any pop-ups. Could you direct me to a place where it's happened so I can see if I can see the links?

If the links are only appearing on your PC and you can't block the pop-ups, you might have some malware (although it'd be strange for both to only occur on certain sites). I use FF with ABP, RIP, NoScript, and Better Privacy, as well as the usual suites of antivirus, firewall, anti-adware, etc.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:04 pm

I believe it's only happening to you. My guess is that your browser has been compromised by one of these bots. Most likely a "BHO" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_Helper_Object has found its way into your browser. Some Google searching will help guide you on how to eliminate them.

Good luck!

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:12 pm

Blue wrote:I believe it's only happening to you. My guess is that your browser has been compromised by one of these bots. Most likely a "BHO" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_Helper_Object has found its way into your browser. Some Google searching will help guide you on how to eliminate them.

Good luck!

Thankyou Blue :hug:

I had to use my unistaller program to rid myself of the fruttinet program that had been installed.

Problem solved. :D

Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:25 am

You are very welcome. Glad I could help 8)

Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:06 am

It does this to me to. It's not just you.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:33 pm

It happens to me but not on here
Topic locked