Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:53 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

ahoteinrun wrote:
Know what the answer to that is?
Settle them.

We ARE trying to. We have got the basic rules in mind. It's only the specifics now. It's not like we are standing here doing nothing...

Besides, ex0dus (founder) isn't even in yet. He's still sleeping. He's the one that we have to talk to to get the rules in place.

Until then, nothing is for certain.

EDIT: We are now compiling a list of rules with reasons they should be added. Then, they are given to ex0dus so they can be reviewed.

-ArwenEarendil
Operator

. Set by Medusa ♥

Last edited by ArwenEarendil on Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:18 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Sometimes late at night we like to share links and URL's to laces that we think are funny and cool....

(Just had to add that because that might be considered off-topic)

.:.^By WebKitty^.:.

RAWR! I R BD CHATTER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:31 pm 

ahoteinrun:
Quote:
angie wrote:
Same with on neopets, people use short forms and abbreviations for profanity, this is also on the forums.

*strangled throat noise*

People who do that here, normally get caught, and they get a reprimand in one of a few forms.

My point was that you won't catch them the very second they submit their message, they must be caught like you stated. It is obvious the forums and chatroom are seperate things which means they will be handled differently as well. The forums give strikes which are the same as warnings, warnings in the chatroom can be given in various ways: private message, notice to the user, a kick or a temporary ban.

Quote:
Quote:
Swearing is pretty much impossible to stop because there is no way to detect what the user has said before he/she actually says it

It MAY be pretty much impossible to stop, but it should still be dealt with. The chatroom should be made to follow ALL rules that are on the forums, and the site. Ie. No profanity.
You say that warnings are given out, however, obviously these are not deterrants if there is still swearing.

Warnings are given out in case a user does not know the rules and the user is also given the benefit of the doubt. After a warning is given out the user should know and understand the rule that they are breaking. Breaking the same rule multiple times results not in a warning, but severe action is taken such as banning and/or akicking(longer length of a ban).

The chatroom and forum might be different things, however they still have a similar system on rules and regulations.

Quote:
Now, i've been on PPT as a member of the forums for over a year now. On top of this, i've been lurking on PPT for over a year before I joined.
How is it, that this is honestly the first time i've ever heard of the chat?
There is little communication. I doubt you chat room ops would even BE here on the forums if it wasn't for Experiment bringing this to the surface.

*just shakes head*

I don't get the head shaking but as another chat operator stated earlier, the chatroom was originally on this website nearly 3 years ago which is obviously before you started coming here. Due to technical difficulties the java applet became corrupt and we had to find a decent network to settle the chatroom on. Which is CreativeIRC. You are partially correct about operators coming on to this forum because of Experiments post. We actually would have preferred Experiment reporting the problem directly to us. A lot of chat users do come to the forums regularly, Experiment did not tell us of his post, an operator saw it and notified the other operators. Also the fact that we may prefer the chatroom over the forums. Nevertheless, this isn't a debate about which is better than the other. In fact there doesn't need to be a debate at all really.

If it is possible I'd like to speak to a site admin, preferrably the one who made the decision to remove the chatroom.

- Angie
Operator

irc.creativeirc.net #pinkpoogletoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:19 am 

My name is Angelena and I am an operator on the IRC chat for Pink Poogle Toy. I wasn't going to even get involved with this discussion on this website, but a few of the posts upset me to the point where I had to post a reply.

First off, it would have been different if the people from pinkpt notified someone about adding the java applet back. It was just all of a sudden we started seeing the java people joining. Even then, we didn't really know what was going on so there was no way to actually have rules set up and ready to fit the needs of the java users. If there was previous notification, it would have been a totally different story and this post may not even be here.

As for the new rules, I do not care for them simply because I am used to the norm, but since a lot of my friends are willing to fight to get this chat back I thought I'd put in my two cents. As for the moderators on this website, you have to understand that it is a different situation. You guys have a concrete set of rules with the knowledge that there could be younger people coming in. I'm just asking, if you guys decide to put the java applet back, which I hope you do because personally I like helping people with questions about neopets and how to work the applet, please give us fair warning like you guys received.

Also, please take it into consideration on how fast we reacted to this problem. If we didn't care about this java chat we wouldn't be checking in on a daily basis and posting replies. As the other operators have stated, we are working on rules as we speak and they will be inforced so this problem will not occur again.

I'm sorry this ever happened and I will do my best, along with the other operators and other long-time PPTers, to make sure this will not cause problems for you or the users joining the chat.

Thank you for your time,
Angelena
IRC nick - SyNiX

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:14 am 

Good evening to ye.

I am David, or the appley know JelloDude of the PPT IRC Channel. Over the times I have been to PPT, I have noticed that times have changed around me, in real life and online. Profanity and Sexual References on television these days is overwheling. With the scare of the Superbowl incident and the outcry of teenagers on MTV and Comedy Central. Times have changed, but for the better or worse is not up to me.

To make it simple, the chat changed. After we were dropped from the confusion of Mediadriven and the Pinkpoogletoy change, hope was lost and the java applet was gone. Well, things go on, and we all grow up. The rules were not lost, but as we grew older, with no real children around to tell to follow the rules, or to keep in line, we really didn't need to have the followed the rules so strickly, with no new users coming online.

To the surprise of me, I just came online and someone had told me the applet had been put back up. I was joyed with the return of the users of the yesteryears and the high user counts. As someone has said ... 'Good things take time, Great things take forever.' We had a very limited time to figure out what to do about rules and all the other happenings going on.

On the issue of who has the Operator, I'm pretty sure it will never happen again. In the past, you had to work your way up from the bottom to get the 'Op' or Operator position. This was usually the way to filter out who was clear and who was just a fake. Well, after the whole 'drop' incident, the process was not that clear, but usually was lead the same way, of working from the bottom.

Sorry to go on about this, I would hope if we would have a little bit more time, that some rules or manner code would have made itself clear, but with the limited time of when the applet was put up, and taken down, was just a matter of days.

I would really hope that the applet would be put up, and the rules would fall right into place. Over time, the Pinkpoogletoy Chat will live up to what the model of the forums ... 'The Best Place to Be'

Thanks.

Post subject: My Turn
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:07 am 

Now, It's my turn to speak. I've been with PPT for atleast 2-3 yrs. "We" or "They" (PPT Chat Operators) were trying to devise a plan that'd be fair to both parties. The regular #PPT channel, and #PinkPoogleToy for the javas. I was recently in it, And Op'd by Angie. However, One of the ops they had there was quite rude. His name was ft, firetiger, firetiger777, etc. He abused both the caps rule, and calling me a smurf. Now if this is how you want your channel to be ran, I'm not stopping you. I'm just letting you know how I was treated.
Horrible. Very Horrible.
And, When I talked with Angie, he said, "Ft is Ft." (Firetiger is firetiger)
Now from my point of view, my 2 cents, If "Ft is Ft" then Ft shouldn't be an operator in the room. He should be put on kban - possible akick. If you want horrible operators of your channel - Give them another chance (Isn't this the 2nd time this has happened? Mine + Experiments)
I don't have a problem with many of the operators, but if you're going to not use your head and give such people operator status, there's no point in running a chatroom with these people.
Some people I can say who are good and know how to run a channel are: Myself, SyNiX, Shadow_Link, ArwenEarendil. Angie as well if he learns how to use his head and not give anyone who plays neopets ops in the channel.

My Suggestion:
Make a request - No Java Applet UNLESS The following standards are met:
---
Allow the 5 people(Including Angie & Myself) run the channel and then allow us to add people as we progress and found the APPROPRIATE Operators. :)
---

- My 2 Cents -
- Mew -
- TheWebForums.net -

Post subject: Re: My Turn
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:34 pm 

Okay..that post was out of nowhere..anyway allow me to explain..

Quote:
I was recently in it, And Op'd by Angie. However, One of the ops they had there was quite rude. His name was ft, firetiger, firetiger777, etc. He abused both the caps rule, and calling me a smurf. Now if this is how you want your channel to be ran, I'm not stopping you. I'm just letting you know how I was treated.
Horrible. Very Horrible.

I Opped you because you were an Operator and because you are my friend. #PinkPoogleToy is not official until the java is linked back, also when that incident occured the rules were not in effect. You are my friend as well as FT, if you're going to point out wrong things about other people, you should also point out yours too. I'm not going to mention them here because it is not the forums concern.

Quote:
And, When I talked with Angie, he said, "Ft is Ft." (Firetiger is firetiger)

Ft is Ft just how Mew is Mew :)

Quote:
Now from my point of view, my 2 cents, If "Ft is Ft" then Ft shouldn't be an operator in the room. He should be put on kban - possible akick. If you want horrible operators of your channel - Give them another chance (Isn't this the 2nd time this has happened? Mine + Experiments)

Both of you would be at fault IF the rules were in place, however, at the time they weren't so there is nothing wrong. Experiments case is completely different because he was a user not an Operator and I'm quite sure FT was joking around with you. Again I don't mean to get into it too much because it doesn't have anything to do with the forums. Rather then making a big deal out of this, if you don't like how things are ran then just leave, and at most if there is a punishment it will be to you as well.

Quote:
Allow the 5 people(Including Angie & Myself) run the channel and then allow us to add people as we progress and found the APPROPRIATE Operators.

As happy as I am that you picked me to be on your list, the fact is that Yukio has put TurBoSoNiC(ex0dus) in charge and all decisions will be left up to him. So if you have problems in the chatroom, you either go to another Operator or ex0dus.

The chatroom and forum are two seperate things. Imagine a Forum Moderator coming to the chatroom to complain about another mod.

Just some additional information: Mew is still part of PPT's Operator team regardless of his post, sometimes he does get in a bad mood but he is still a good person and my friend. If/when the java is up again, and there are problems with him or any other Operator, those cases will be dealt with in a proper manner.

Some more info: Yukio and ex0dus have talked to each other recently and it is most likely the chatroom will be put up.

Mew if you still have problems you can come to me.

As for this thread, I'd like to ask a moderator to lock it because there isn't anything further to discuss. All chatroom matters will be handled in the chatroom. Thank you.

- Angie
Operator

irc.creativeirc.net #pinkpoogletoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Incorrect. I havent been in contact with Exodus yet. Thread locked.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3