Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Chat Operators
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Just out of curiosity, do we control who we have as chat operators? Because if we do, then we have one... messed up operator. I'm not going to be naming any names unless I know we can do anything about it, and if any moderators/staff want to hear the conversation, I've got it saved.

Image Gotta Love Rage.

Post subject: Re: Chat Operators
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Experiment wrote:
Just out of curiosity, do we control who we have as chat operators? Because if we do, then we have one... messed up operator. I'm not going to be naming any names unless I know we can do anything about it, and if any moderators/staff want to hear the conversation, I've got it saved.

How do you mean with "Chat Operators"? Like, AIM, MSN, etc?

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.
Shoyru_Lover wrote: i want to change my gender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Experiement, please PM me a copy of the conversation. Thanks.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject: Re: Chat Operators
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bno wrote:
Experiment wrote:

How do you mean with "Chat Operators"? Like, AIM, MSN, etc?

No, the IRC chat that's on the site.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:33 am 

Hello, I am an Operator on Pinkpt.com's Chatroom. Technically Pinkpt.com does have control over the chatroom. After reading this thread we did our own investigation and see what Experiment is referring to. The chatroom is moderated, however because it was delinked from the website for over a year many changes were made to the rules and regulations. Ever since the chatroom was linked recently (the second time) We were in the process of redirecting PPT users to a secure channel rather than a channel for general use. I am not the founder of the chatroom, that would be TuRBoSoNiC(ex0dus) who was allowed to control the chatroom by Yukio.

On behalf of Pinkpt.com's Chat, I would like to apologize to Experiment and thank him for bringing up this event. The chatroom is moderated most of the time but is difficult to watch 24/7. Again, I would like to apologize for the matter at hand.

I would like to request that Pinkpt.com's Chat be given a chance to redeem itself as we were not ready to enforce the proper rules.

I would like to ask Shoyru_Lover and anyone else to come to Pinkpt.com's Chat to see exactly what goes on there and if you are a mod on these forums than you are more than qualified to be an operator in the chatroom.

Since the chatroom has been taken down(temporarily, I hope), you can connect through IRC- server: irc.creativeirc.net channel: #ppt

If you want to have more information or have any questions or concerns, my e-mail is mailto:ragemirc@hotmail.com, feel free to add me on your Messenger list. Please consider re-adding the chatroom. Thank you for your time.

- Angie
vixen_chick666

irc.creativeirc.net #pinkpoogletoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:55 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thank you very much Angie, and no need for apologies, I'm just glad the channel has made such an improvement. I think it would be definitely a good idea to re-add the chat to the site now, the channel is quite alright, except for a bit off-topic-ness now and then (but then again, so are we sometimes, so that's perfectly alright).

Image Gotta Love Rage.

Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:50 pm 

I finally register, just for syn though, but anywho as we speak we are discussing rules, and opening a seperate chan jsut for the java applet with about 7 or so operaters (good ones that is, not just out of no where).

And alls we ask is that you do reconsider putting the applet back. Like syn said, it has been over a year since it was last on, and we still needed time to adjust back to the old ppt life.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Angie's Reply
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:50 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Angie wrote:
On behalf of Pinkpt.com's Chat, I would like to apologize to Experiment and thank him for bringing up this event. The chatroom is moderated most of the time but is difficult to watch 24/7. Again, I would like to apologize for the matter at hand.

Hi, I am Tinya, an operator of the PPT channel at CreativeIRC.
I am also a past operator of the PPT chat posted on PinkPT.com before the applet was taken down. In regards to my name, ArwenEarendil is my user.

Regarding the issue of watching the channel 24/7, there is usually an operator watching the channels. If there is not, the last operator to leave can usually temporarily give operator status to a responsible user which can stay until another permanent operator can take over. This is what happened to me when I was a user before I had permanent operator status.

In regards to that, I think we shall not have any problem with someone watching the channel.

Thanks for listening,

-Tinya
#ppt: ArwenEarendil
Neopets: flipper500056

Last edited by ArwenEarendil on Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Incorporation of a Java Chat Applet on this site.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:53 pm 

Good evening,
My name is Jimmy, and I am an operator in the #ppt channel on CreativeIRC. Recently, our rediscovered link via a Java Chat Applet was taken away, as you know, due to an incident involving two of the operators in the channel. I'm really sorry that someone was exposed to this kind of crude behaviour, and I assure you that it is not typical #ppt. In talking to the other operators, and the channel's founder, TuRBoSoNiC, we have determined that a new channel may be more suited to Java Chat. He will be talking to someone shortly about this slight modification in the Applet, and I sincerely hope that this will help to prevent any further instances such as the one aformentioned.

Once again, an apology, and I hope this incident did not reflect poorly on PinkPT.com

-Jimmy

#ppt Operator: arkhaius
Neopets: fist_of_terror

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:25 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Hi,

Im T-M-W-A-C-H-N in the PPT IRC channel, Im a regular there ...

(What else do I say?)

.:.^By WebKitty^.:.

RAWR! I R BD CHATTER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:30 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

T.M.W.A.C.H.N wrote:
Hi,

Im T-M-W-A-C-H-N in the PPT IRC channel, Im a regular there ...

(What else do I say?)

*chuckle*

What say we start to reestablish rules? Any one have any ideas?

(I do.. but i'm not one to speak up first...)

-ArwenEarendil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:51 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Well, one obvious rule would be no swearing.

Image Gotta Love Rage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:03 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Agreed. Another one would be no excessive caps. They are rather annoying.

-ArwenEarendil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

When PPT's old forum's chatbox was still up, the rules were actually quite simple- no swearing/inappropriate themes, no spamming, no excessive advertising.

Mods could also cloak (stay in the chatbox and be logged out) and kick people out, although I doubt that could be applied into an IRC chat (I've only been in the PPT one once). Worth a shot, anyways. :)

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:23 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Actually, there was no advertising at all, lest it was a link or referred to Pinkpt.com or Neopets. The rest of the rules applied too. Thanks for the reminder Yoshi.

As for cloaking, I dont think you can do that on IRC. Once you change your username to something other than what your operator privileges are given to, you lose all operator privileges until you change your name back.

-ArwenEarendil

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next