Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:35 pm

Erm. Errr.. Speed Racer, Battle of The Planets, Thundercats, Voltron, etc.

Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:05 pm

My first anime was Sailor Moon ^^, and I think my first manga was as well, but I'm not completely sure =P, might have been Miracle Girls

Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:33 am

Excluding american lame sailor moon <_<, I would have to say NARUTO OMGOMGOMG!!!

I love naruto... but haven't seen it in aaaaaaaages :cry: ...

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:58 pm

Anime is difficult to say... probably Saint Seiya?

Manga, One Piece. Totally loved it :D

Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:29 am

Back in the 80's I used to watch Transformers. So that would be my first anime. But at the time I was so young I didn't even know what Anime was OR that it was dubbed.
In the early 90's I watched re runs of Voltron.

First manga= Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu- Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball Z And Sandland from
the monthly mag Shonen Jump. THANK YOU GOD! :)

Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:17 am

I'm very clear on what the first anime I've seen is: Outlaw Star, which is also one of my favorites. It aired on Cartoon Network, and that was several years ago.

Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:21 pm

Fruits Basket. Definatly. In fact, Im totally obsessed. The only other manga I read is CLAMP.

Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:15 am

I think the first anime I watched was DragonBall :D , the first manga..hmm...ranma 1/2, firs volume, so funny :D

Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:18 am

Hum.

My first manga was Ranma 1/2 or Magic Knight Rayearth. I forget. XD

My first anime was either Ranma 1/2 or Dragonball. Z. Something. I forget too. XD

Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:09 am

Well... Technically Pokemon, but I saw that about once prior to my sister's manic obsession with Sailor Moon... then, eventually, I discovered the wonder that is DBZ. And then, later on, Hamtaro. (ha)
First manga... hmm... I don't remember the name, but it was some Pokemon thing... uh...

Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:38 pm

My first manga was YuYu Hakusho (only one I own!). My first anime was either Sailor Moon or Pokemon.
Last edited by bookworm_manga on Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:37 am

My first anime was other DBZ or DB. I really didn't watch that much TV when I was little. My first Manga was an Inu Yasha one. It was #11 or something.

Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:26 pm

Jasujo wrote: I think the Toonami block then was Thundercats, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z (the beginning when Vegeta was bad), and Johnny Quest. I believe Ronin Warriors and Gundam Wing were the next shows to join Toonami. Tenchi was shown not much later. :)

I remember that block! That was the best thing that ever happened to CN. I was so sad when they took all of it off, especially Sailor Moon. ;___;

Anyway, first anime is kind of hard for me to remember... I remember watching DBZ, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, Pokemon, Ronin Warriors, Tenchi Muyo, and Digimon all in the same time period, when I was around 7-9. The funny thing is I even knew it was anime. XD I don't watch much anime anymore, most of it is in the middle of the season and I don't like jumping in at the middle because I'm so lost. Maybe when some more stuff comes over I might start again.

First manga was either Card Captor Sakura or Sailor Moon, about when I was 10 or so. I don't think I ever got far in CCS, but I've read all (or most) of Sailor Moon. Now I'm reading Fruits Basket. :)

Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:47 am

first manga Rayearth or wish can't remember...
first anime that watched and love was Escaflowne.. w00t

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:03 pm

First Manga - I breezed through Corrector Yui at Books-a-Millon, but the first manga I bought was Azumanga Daioh vol 1.

First Anime - Would have to be the 4Kidsified (I hate those people. <_<) CardCaptor Sakura...wait. No, that was my second. First was Digimon.

Oh, goodness. I remember Toonami. <3 I never watched Sailor Moon when it was on, but now I miss it. x)
Topic locked