Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Ojamajo Doremi, Anyone?

Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:25 pm

OK, so if you remember, I did make a post about this a while back. And, out of curiosity, I wanted to see if there were people who actually watched it.

I've found it's got a really large fan base. ^^ Especially in France. :D I've also done a LOT of studying on the show, so now I'm friends are all calling me the Ojamajo Nerd. :roflol:

So...anyone watch it?

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:12 pm

I know I've heard the name before, but I haven't seen it yet. Is it commercially released yet in the US, or something I will have to find from an "alternative" source? I'm always willing to check out something new. ^_^

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:19 pm

I've had it for quite some time, but haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet. As far as I know, it's just on . . . FoxBox, I think? I know it's one of those Saturday morning channels. Other than that, it's not released on dvd here yet.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:22 pm

Thanks for the info, Jasujo. Looks like it'll be awhile before I see it then. ^^; I'll look and see if I can find any info on plans to release something uncut and subtitled. Being a purist means I often have to wait to see things, but it's usually worth the wait anyway. ^_-

Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:53 pm

It's on 4KidsTV/FoxBox. You may also have luck searching under Magical Doremi, the show's dubbed name in France and the US.

I swear I saw a site selling it. n_n I'll do some searching. ^^

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:47 am

Lol um, I watched Ojamojo Doremi in Cantonese when I was, what, 7? xD I think I used to like it (even though the girl-to-witch transformation was lame and embarassing to watch,) but it's kind of childish right now, no? -.-

Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:45 pm

Depends on which season. I'll admit season 4, was too easy, I mean...you spray some sort of spray, and poof, you're a witch?! Geez, I'm surprised my little sister hasn't tried that yet! (She's sure gullible enough!)

Worst one of all is the second season. From MagicalDoremi.net:

The magical tap (Rizumu Tappu) also changes in this season, besides, the way to transform into a witch is also different : she presses the center of the tap, but it doesn't fly in the air anymore. The apprentice must then clap twice in her hands with the tap, and the gloves appear. Then she does the same thing hitting each foot with it, and the boots appear. Then, she raises her arms up and claps three times, the dress appears and she puts it, and finally she hits her head twice with it and the hat comes, she lays down the tap on her waist and makes her pose like in the first season !

OK, my rant is officially done. Aside from that, I like it! :D

Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:11 pm

I still haven't seen the show, but I did just realize today that my favorite pair of chopsticks, when I received from a friend in Japan 4 to 5 years ago, are Ojamajo Do-re-mi chopsticks! They're pink and quite cute. I had never noticed, because the character on them was unfamiliar, and the writing is pretty small (and at the time, meant nothing to me). Today, for some reason, I was looking a bit closer at the picture and realized it was familiar, then looked closer and could just barely make out the title. Fun, ne?

Okay...so may I'll be the only one amused by this story...

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:28 pm

i don't recall remembering magical doremi. i started watching magical doremi since 2 months ago. my favorite witchling is dorie / harukaze doremi.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:36 pm

FoxBox? I get that, I think. I'll definitely have to check it out. I've heard of it a few times, but never seen it, It sounds good. ^.^

Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:04 pm

Hey! It's the Ojamajo Nerd! :o
I can't believe how bad 4Kids killed it. n_n Perfect Harmony so finished me.

(Perfect Harmony = Magical Stage)

Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:57 am

Adoration wrote:Hey! It's the Ojamajo Nerd! :o
I can't believe how bad 4Kids killed it. n_n Perfect Harmony so finished me.

(Perfect Harmony = Magical Stage)

You thought it was corny too?
I thought I was the only one.
Topic locked