Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:54 pm

I'm ecstatic! Pom Poko (my personal favorite Miyazaki) is coming on! ^^
January 26th : 10:15 Eastern for the dub, I'm assuming the sub will come on afterwards.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:22 pm

I've been gleefully watching the movies each Thursday--you can never get enough Miyazaki! :)

Have I somehow missed it or are they not going to play Kiki's Delivery Service? I always thought that it was a cute movie...

Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:39 pm

stinkyllama wrote:Have I somehow missed it or are they not going to play Kiki's Delivery Service? I always thought that it was a cute movie...

It's not on the list unfortunatly :(

Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:33 pm

Kiki's Delivery Service is played a lot on the Disney Channel. I always see it when cruising by on DISH. Just keep an eye out for it, I could of sworn I noticed it a couple weeks ago. :P

Pom Poko?. That's one I haven't heard of. Details please!.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:11 am

In a nutshell, its about a group of tanukis battling a construction development that threatens their home.

Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:19 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8237

I just read some news that Cartoon Network will be showing the films again in Feburary starting the 3rd starting with Spirited Away (although only in dubbed format.)

Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:29 am

Just air them as TCM did (without any further editions, et cetera) or I will further despite you, CN.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:32 am

I'd never seen Pom Poko before. Guh...
So... much... crying. Poor little Racoon dogs. The whole bloodied dead racoon dogs on the roads awful. And then the end... makes you think (and for me... ugh)...

I just... crying. Lots of crying.

And I think this is my first (and most likely last) post on the anime board. But it was a nice momentary visit into a world that I don't often venture. *bows out*

Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:43 am

I'd never seen Pom Poko before either and I thought it was a great movie. The raccoons cracked me up when they were training. So cute. I had to stifle back the tears at the end though since it was too depressing.

Makes me wanna form an alliance with some furry critters and fight the humans...(What? Me? I'm not human...I'm a llama...)

:)

Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:05 am

I've read the Pom Poko manga before but never saw the movie until last night. I loved it. Makes me think twice about bashing that pesky groundhog in my backyard that keeps digging up my garden.

Oh and I loved Only Yesterday as well. Such a nice little movie ^__^

Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:38 pm

I found Only Yesterday slightly boring, but no less wonderful.

Pom Poko was amazing.
Funny and so sad, I think everyone should see this movie, if only because it was narrated by The Brain.

My favourites out of the eight movies I've seen:
Pom Poko
Porco Rosso
Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
Topic locked