For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Sun May 30, 2004 10:29 pm

I love the new Koi, it looks way better ^_^
I really want a striped koi now :(
(Not as much as a cybunny though.... what is with me a limited edition pets??)

Sun May 30, 2004 10:40 pm

I like it, but it just doesnt seam to have as much attitude as the other one.

Sun May 30, 2004 11:05 pm

It's way better now!
*pushes pet towards lab ray hoping to get one*

Sun May 30, 2004 11:23 pm

Jasujo wrote:I wish they had just made a new pet instead of making such a drastic change. I love the look of the new koi, especially the striped one. It is *so* pretty. I don't like that they now have this one instead of the other one, though. I have a good friend whose favorite pet was the koi. He had a koi gallery and everything. Now that they changed it, he doesn't like them anymore. I think the old koi had it's own personality. Too many of the pets are being remade "cutesy". -.-

Ay, maybe they should have.

Personally I like it a lot, maybe because it looks more animal-like. But then again, I didn't like the old koi a lot.

Sun May 30, 2004 11:44 pm

When I first saw it, I thought it looked awful. For most pet makeovers though, that's my first opinion, and like usual, it has grown on me. It doesn't really matter too much to me though, since I don't have one, and probably won't be getting one anytime soon.

Sun May 30, 2004 11:48 pm

When I first saw it, I thought it looked awful. For most pet makeovers though, that's my first opinion, and like usual, it has grown on me.

Yeah that!

I wouldnt get one tho, but they do look better imo. :)

Mon May 31, 2004 2:59 am

mercurius wrote:I think it's weird they have teeth. The poses that they don't have teeth are good though.

I agree. The teeth really get to me! If the teeth were gone, I would absolutely love it.

Mon May 31, 2004 3:16 am

I love it, I wish I had a Koi. Its quite pretty now, I think.

Mon May 31, 2004 3:35 am

Yeah, i really want a koi now! I dont think AZ will let me make one tho! Hehe. Ill just have to keep my own koi

I wish! These are my two

Quality isnt the best, but that's what you get for taking pictures with a camera cell phone. Ho hum

But yeah, id prefer is without the teeth[/img]

Mon May 31, 2004 4:15 am

I managed to get a Koi on a side account of mine, I liked what they did with it as far as the "realism". I still have a problem with the static postition of the body in its standard poses (as part of being spoiled by the Maraquan Pets) but I can be too criticial sometimes.

Mon May 31, 2004 4:26 am

I love the new Koi. Its more like a real Koi. And even though Neopets isn't related to the real world, its still nice. My friend offered me his because he hates it. But I can't take it. Four pets already.

Mon May 31, 2004 6:11 am

Overall, I think it's okay, if a bit too cute for my likes.

Mon May 31, 2004 5:12 pm

I love the new koi. But I was like alot of other people, I didn't like it at first. Probably because it was such a drastic change. I feel sort of bad though, I abandoned my grundo to get one... luckily he was at a high level, and painted, so he went fast. Am I a dork, I still check up on him?! It seems his new owner is training him for battle, which is something I never had time to do.

Mon May 31, 2004 5:28 pm

I like it but I think TNT should have kept the old koi's personality, the new one just looks silly.

Mon May 31, 2004 5:30 pm

It seems to me, they're trying to head in a not-completely-subtle anime direction. Everything's getting chibi..er.. young; big eyes, huge heads... you know the deal.
Topic locked