Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Best Anime Ever

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:31 pm

So, a lot of you guys think you're anime fans, do you? Think you've seen some good anime? Well, you haven't. Here is a gem from Japan that hasn't yet graced you with its presence. You'll never crack open a Cowboy Bebop DVD case again!

Attack NO.1
This is an amazing anime about volleyball. Its spectacular, quality animation and fascinating plot will keep you on the edge of your seat. It has action. It has romance. It has short shorts. If you're not already browsing Amazon to purchase your own copy, you're insane.

Action!

Romance!

Short shorts!

As you can see in the images above, this anime has it all. Awesome.

Ever heard of an AMAZING anime that nobody's ever heard of before? Extra points if it was made in the 80s or earlier and has dialogue reminiscent of Zero Wing. Come on, share the love!

If you haven't picked up on it, the objective is to try and convince someone to buy an anime, that in your opinion, is pretty horrible. And just as a reminder, this thread is all in good fun. So don't blow a gasket if someone posts an anime you happen to like.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:23 pm

Ha! You think that's cool? Forget the 80's man, today's anime is what it's all about

Remember the Powerpuff Girls? They're nothing compared to the awesomeness of the

Powerpuff Girls Z!!!

With large beady eyes and even shorter (barely legal!) short skirts! You can't miss this!

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:33 am

'Nuff said.

(Too bad I love it :()

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:19 am

Kenjiro wrote:Ha! You think that's cool? Forget the 80's man, today's anime is what it's all about

Remember the Powerpuff Girls? They're nothing compared to the awesomeness of the

Powerpuff Girls Z!!!

With large beady eyes and even shorter (barely legal!) short skirts! You can't miss this!

What horrible thing is this? May I kill it? Pweez?

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:48 am

halfbakedbliss wrote:Image

'Nuff said.

Hey, that's the Lion King ripoff I always see at the end of my Pokemon videos.

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:58 pm

theonlysaneone wrote:
halfbakedbliss wrote:Image

'Nuff said.

Hey, that's the Lion King ripoff I always see at the end of my Pokemon videos.

Kimba is 30 years older than the The Lion King. Do your homework next time.

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:00 pm

PPG Z is amazing. Don't you dare knock it.
And Kimba's cool too. :)

Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:53 am

Bleach. 'Nuff Said.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:15 pm

I totally just thought of an anime.
VOLTRON, MAN! AND I KNOW I DON'T LIKE IT JUST YET, BECAUSE I'VE NEVER WATCHED IT!

(Now I get this thread...OK. XD)

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:52 am

DM was on fire! wrote:I totally just thought of an anime.
VOLTRON, MAN! AND I KNOW I DON'T LIKE IT JUST YET, BECAUSE I'VE NEVER WATCHED IT!

(Now I get this thread...OK. XD)

Voltron is/was awesome! *slap*

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:48 pm

BUT THE DUB COMPLETELY KILLED IT! D: They changed all the names! It's like 4Kids was around twenty-something years ago!
I didn't say anything bad about Voltron, though! I'm pretty much obligated to like Voltron. XD

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:07 pm

Hmm..don't know if its popular or not..anyone ever heard of Dragonball Z? :P

Re: Best Anime Ever

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:02 pm

Fiddelysquat wrote:Attack NO.1
This is an amazing anime about volleyball. Its spectacular, quality animation and fascinating plot will keep you on the edge of your seat. It has action. It has romance. It has short shorts. If you're not already browsing Amazon to purchase your own copy, you're insane.

LOL, this anime is so famous where I live, everyone watched it as a kid back then xD The title was "Mila&Shiro" though =D
*walks away singing the op* "Mila e Shiro, due cuori nella pallavolo! Mila e Shiro, amore a prima vista è!"
(Oh, and yes, it sucks.)
Topic locked