Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Tell me about Sublime

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:40 am

I was sent two songs by Sublime. They were Santeria and What I Got and I really like them. They just make me want to dance.

On to the topic, who can tell me more about Sublime. Is all of their music similar to these two songs or are they an exception? I just want an idea of their music before I go on a random downloading spree.

Also if anyone can suggest any songs by them that would be great.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:11 am

I would definitely recommend Wrong Way and Caress Me Down. Most songs I've heard by them sound very similar. I would say if you like the two songs you've already heard, go out and randomly download some of their songs. As far as what I know about the band, it's not much. I do know that Sublime was really big in the 1990s, especially after the band's frontman died. Also, a lot of their songs contain drug or alcohol references.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:55 am

I'll agree with Wrong Way, unfortunately, that song, along with Santeria and What I Got are the only songs I've heard from them (well, I heard another, but the title isn't appropriate for the forums. :P) I do like them, though. I actually completely forgot about them...

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:18 pm

My absolute all time favorite song by Sublime (and they're one of my all time favorite bands) is Waiting for my Ruca. Don't Push, Scarlet Bagonias, Bad Fish, Saw Red, all great song songs too.

The lead singer died in like 91 or 92 though.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:16 pm

Skip to the Richard Cheese covers and lounge out!!

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:08 pm

Thank you guys :D. I downloaded all the songs you suggested and am enjoying them!

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:45 pm

I'm a huge Sublime fan. Also listen to Summertime by them. I'm glad you've been recruited. It's a good addiction to have.
Topic locked