Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

Copyright breach - or not?

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:36 pm

I'm hoping to write a very long E-Book regarding Neopets hints and tips, and techniques on how to earn more NP. Would it be a breach of copyright to do so? I've noticed there are numerous Ebay sales for Runescape guides. I will also be distributing a 'Free Version', but before I do anything, I'd like to know whether it's legal.

Thanks.
Last edited by littleboy6326 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Copyright breach - or not?

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:38 pm

I think that if you have the whole 'All Neopets characters and logos and copyright Neopets Inc." etc stuff on it, it'll be ok. I'm not certain, though.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Helena wrote:I think that if you have the whole 'All Neopets characters and logos and copyright Neopets Inc." etc stuff on it, it'll be ok. I'm not certain, though.

Yeah, it's not like I'd be selling any copyrighted material - just my own tips and guides.

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:38 am

I would pay attention to the JK Rowling court case that's going on right now...It's dealing with very similar issues.

As someone who has had to deal with copyright issues quite a bit in my own job, I would play it safe and write to TNT asking for what you should do if you wanted to write an E-book. Better to play it safe and get permission than do whatever you want and get sued....That's my opinion.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:02 pm

Yeah, it would be best to ask TNT whether it would be allowed or not

Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:15 pm

May wrote:I would pay attention to the JK Rowling court case that's going on right now...It's dealing with very similar issues.

As someone who has had to deal with copyright issues quite a bit in my own job, I would play it safe and write to TNT asking for what you should do if you wanted to write an E-book. Better to play it safe and get permission than do whatever you want and get sued....That's my opinion.

The rowling court case at the moment is an interesting one due to the reasons she is listing for having issue with this book and not with all the others that have been released about harry potter.
Topic locked