Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

Re: What sports do people at PPT play?

Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:56 pm

I play airhockey.

For the definition of sports, just look the word 'sport' up in any dictionary, it varies on wording, but you will see the phrases 'physical exertion' (or attributes), skill, and compete, or a variation of.

So if your activity requires:

1) Skill.
2) Physical Strength.

And is:

1) Competive.

It's a sport, otherwise, it is either a physical exercise or activity (not competitive but requiring both skill and physical strength) or a game, such as chess or one involving cards (which are competitive and require skill, but no physical strength).

Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:26 pm

Guitar Hero! It requires strength in your arms and fingers, and skill!

And I play blernsball (if you watch Futurama you'll know) :P

Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:34 pm

Hehe...I uhh, play badminton. I'm pretty sure that's a real "sport".

I use to be in track for a year, but I enjoyed more of the running than the competition.

Edit: I just realized I posted in this thread already :oops:
Last edited by Zilary on Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:12 pm

from childhood til now:

dance & gymnastics (ballet, tap, jazz and swing...also some ballroom)

hockey
volleyball

marching band (I was in drum corps...which is do consider a sport because its so hardcore).

I also played softball for about 2 years til my shoulder went out in a hockey accident. I was cross checked rather ruthlessly. It dislocated my pitching arm.

I love sports so much though. my knee is too bad to keep playing now, but I still play for fun with friends.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:29 am

I played soccer (some people call it football, but whatever) and tennis in high school. I also played a lot of football (american) in pick-up games with kids from my neighborhood.

I play golf now. Or, more accurately, I make divots and walk a few miles for a few hours at a time two or three times a month.

I also enjoy lifting weights and playing Wii sports of all varieties.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:30 am

Trampolining, running, swimming (though not that much anymore). Stuff like that. :)

Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:08 pm

I used to play softball in high school for a few years, then in a summer league. Those all-day tournaments in August were crazy! Now...I don't do much at the moment, other than play catch or frisbee, because I just moved.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:59 am

I used to play netball and softball at school (and a few years of tennis lessons), but currently I do swimming training (once a week) and go to the gym (3 times a week) regularly. I also enjoy backyard/social cricket, basketball and table tennis with friends/family.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:08 am

Two words: marching band. *nods*

However, for those of you who don't consider that a sport, I'm decent at tennis.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:16 pm

I snowboard during winter and wakeboard during summer.

I also do some occasional gymnastic. i have a few girlpals who are gymnasts who teach me stuff and a friend who does ninjatsu (or however you spell that). SO I basically get free lessons on doing flippy stuff (but im not very good )

Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:18 pm

Right now, I'm not in any sports, but next year I plan to run cross country in the summer/fall and lacrosse in the spring. :) And occasionally I swim for a workout day or something.

Fri May 23, 2008 5:06 am

Soccer and karate are the two athletic contests that I regularly participate in.

DiscordantNote wrote:Two words: marching band. *nods*

However, for those of you who don't consider that a sport, I'm decent at tennis.

I know enough people that do/did marching band to know that is enough of a sport to qualify.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:44 pm

DiscordantNote wrote:Two words: marching band. *nods*

That should be a sport...and that's pretty much the closest I get to a sport.

I played basketball in 3rd grade. I stunk

My friend and I played badmintion in 9th grade sports class...we loved it but our school dosent have a team. So i've played some backyard games of it.

MarchingDuck wrote:
marching band (I was in drum corps...which is do consider a sport because its so hardcore).

drum corps, like a DCI? :o That's definately gotta be a sport.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:37 pm

Oh i just took up some mixed martial arts.
I somehow went to see my friend do her first kickboxing class and got signed up by the coach into mixed martial arts after he saw me knock out some idiot who was bugging the life out of me.
:roll:
Topic locked