If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:08 am

When I was 14 I was playing the SNES version of Super Street Fighter II at the boarding school that I went to back then and me and the person I was (His name was Lee Perry) against were playing the game during a thunderstorm at night.

The lightning from outside came in through the aerial of the television and into the SNES both frying the SNES (Preventing the SNES from working properly), the game (Killing the game), and the SNES controllers (Malfunctioning the controllers); The shock that me an Lee got from the SNES Controllers caused us to drop the contollers.

That was the story of the only time I have recieved a electrical shock in my life.

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:09 pm

HOW DID I MISS THIS TOPIC UNTIL NOW??!!!!

Let me see. Where to begin. Uhhh, me, bout age three, when we moved into a new house. I snuck downstairs to the unfinished basement, looked at the electrical socket (the cover plate wasn't on it) and i reached around and grabbed it... ZOT!! I blew the circuit breaker.

I then electrocuted myself numerous times as I grew older, from batteries to electrical appliences to other random stuff.

Most recent I was rewiring the garage at work while my boss rewired the next room over. With both of us working on the wires, we missed shutting off one of the wires (multiple circuits in the box) and as I stripped that wire the electricity grounded through my left hand to the box... a few choice words later I went and shut off the power to that whole side of the building.

Best electrocution story goes to my dad though. Back around when he first got married, he managed an apartment complex in Ohio. Going to do work on an electric stove in one apartment (they were like condos - 8 grouped next to each other side by side) he turned off the power at the circuit breaker box in the basement. Going to the kitchen, he grabbed the electric element and turned it over in his hands... then woke up 20 minutes later on the other side of the room with a dent in the fridge door where he bounced off of it. After turning off the electricity to the entire complex, he went back and found the electricians, when they built the place, crossed the wires from the two adjoining apartments so he turned off the stove next door and the power that was still on next door fed the stove he electrocuted himself on.

Fun stuff!!

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:34 pm

Whenever I touch my stove and refrigerator at the same time, it burns my fingers. I dont know whats up with that, but it hurts pretty good. Static electricity has been wild here recently too. Ever since we got carpet, innocent things shock me horribly. My finger hurt for an hour after I touched the computer mouse the other day.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:37 pm

I had to adjust the dish outside and I touched the bit where the wire joins the dish, and got a small shock. It was a bit bigger than static but not really huge so I assumed it was just a bit of static. I touched it again just to check and I got zapped a bit more heh

Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:55 am

... Last month.. I was listening to my MP3.. and I passed beside this very old TV tahst like full of static electricity, yknow that.. 30 cm away and all my hair sticks on it.. and my headphones touched the TV when I passed beside the TV...
Oh my gosh it hurt my eeear! loll
:P

Re: Shocking!

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:54 am

Well, I remember that once I was cooking some eggs for breakfast and I opened the fridge for some butter. All of a sudden theres a battery in the fridge and Im like, what the? So I got it and I held it in my hand while I got the butter. Then I put the butter on the pan and then I forgot about the battery, mistook it for gum, and....
BZZZZZAAAAAAAAP!

Ski wrote:And now I really want to lick a nine volt battery. o_O

....Oookay....*hands you a ten volt battery*

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:01 am

Never stick a knife in a toaster. Nuh-uh. I learnt that one pretty well. I mean, it was a perfectly rational thing to do. Here I am, out of cereal and resorting to toast for an adequate breakfast, and when the toast has popped up, only one slice managed to escape teh fiery inferno (..heating elements..), while the other one was still inside, trapped by the wire mesh that accomodates the toasting process. Needless to say, I grabbed the nearest thing and came to the rescue. I got the toast out of its deadly grasp (the mesh), but as I was withdrawing from my hasty endeavor, I touched something I probably shouldn't have, and an angry spark jolted out, the knife conducted a shock, catching me unawares, and I uh, dropped the knife out of surprise.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:18 am

Grabbed an electric fence wire - the thing about them, is that you don't get shocked until after you let go, and even then, you don't notice until you walk away.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:49 am

Christopher wrote:Grabbed an electric fence wire - the thing about them, is that you don't get shocked until after you let go, and even then, you don't notice until you walk away.

Were you missing your faculties, or what?

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:15 pm

On my computer course I touched 2 monitors at once, got a tremendous shock.
And managed to get the guy on the next comp to do it!

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:24 pm

The amount of times I've pulled out the power cord to my laptop, and accidentally grabbed the prongs as I was doing it..

Also at work, the banquets kitchen.. about 3 of the benches give me darn electric shocks 90% of the time. Thankfully I'm normally up in the main kitchen, but it's NOT NICE when you're trying to pick up nicely balanced places of food from said benches.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:15 am

well i knew that my microwave could have static electricity and could shock me so one time I went and I microwaved some left overs that I had sitting in the fridge, without experienceing any for of a shock, so I was so surprised when I went to open up the fridge again to get a drink only to be freakishly electricaly shocked by the bottled of milk I was reaching for.......weird I know...... :o

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:19 pm

I was just listening to music before and the headphones blew, and I couldn't hear out of my one ear. My brother says he actually saw the spark.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:33 pm

One of the slides at the playground across the field from my school has crazy static. Makes it less fun to chase the little kids around when I go over to the preschool. :P

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:08 pm

My dad grabbed an electric fence and it knocked a filling out of his tooth.
Topic locked