The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Classic Christmas Movies?

Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:34 am

What film makes you ALWAYS think of christmas? Is there a film you watch around christmas every year without fail?

My favourite christmas film is the Snowman - which i discovered today that the Australian family i'm spending Christmas with have never heard of.

The snowman is AWESOME and i recommend that everyone watch it - it's only about 30 mins long, and can be found on youtube here: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=sKYTh-FvpWA (that's the first part, but it contains links to the other two)

Re: Classic Christmas Movies?

Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:33 am

My top ten in order of when I think of them throughout the season:

#1 - A Christmas Story (The best Christmas movie ever.)
#2 - Disney and Muppets Christmas Carols (My favorite versions. Scrooge McDuck is my favorite Disney character <3)
#4 - Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (It is set on Christmas, and it is the only movie with that setting I own)
#5 - Trapped in Paradise
#6 - Scrooged
#7 - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
#8 - Home Alone 1 & 2
#10 - Eight Crazy Nights

Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:29 pm

I love the Snowman ;) Yeah.. the plot may be a little babyish but I agree with Rachel - It IS Awesome!

Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:07 pm

Skynetmain wrote:My top ten in order of when I think of them throughout the season:

#1 - A Christmas Story (The best Christmas movie ever.)

Enough said.

It's definitely the best Christmas movie ever. I watch it every Christmas :)

I also think "The Family Stone" is a wonderful Christmas movie.

Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:12 pm

Um, Cool Runnings?

Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:24 pm

Igg wrote:Um, Cool Runnings?

Ha, I love that movie!

Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:30 pm

In no particular order...

1. White Christmas
2. Miracle on 34th Street
3. Charlie Brown Christmas
4. A Christmas Story
5. What a Wonderful Life
6. Muppet Christmas Carol
7. Home Alone
8. Little Drummer Boy
9. Grinch that Stole Christmas (original version)

...that's all I can think of off hand.

Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:19 pm

My favorite holiday movies would have to be How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original) and Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I even have Christmas cards based on that second movie... They're awesome!

Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Well I used to love The Snowman until I had to dub it over in French a few weeks ago. That didn't go so well.

As far as my favorites--A Charlie Brow Christmas, no questions asked.

Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:40 pm

Ammistletoe wrote:
Igg wrote:Um, Cool Runnings?

Ha, I love that movie!

Me too :D It's on tv every christmas.

Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:31 pm

Byakuya San wrote:Well I used to love The Snowman until I had to dub it over in French a few weeks ago. That didn't go so well.

Dub over in french? Now that's just wrong, the whole point is that it doesn't have any words!!

Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:52 pm

Rachel wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:Well I used to love The Snowman until I had to dub it over in French a few weeks ago. That didn't go so well.

Dub over in french? Now that's just wrong, the whole point is that it doesn't have any words!!

I guess dub was the wrong word. Just pretend I said narrate (which is still just wrong!)

Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:04 am

Byakuya San wrote:
Rachel wrote:

I guess dub was the wrong word. Just pretend I said narrate (which is still just wrong!)

Yeah, that's silly! It is a universal film due to it's lack of words, no narration needed!

Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:12 am

Our family Christmas classic seems to be Elf. It's on every year and we seem to watch atleast part of it without fail.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:49 am

I love watching at christmas:

- Blinky Bills White Christmas
- Tabaluga christmas
- Jetsons Christmas
- others that i forget
Topic locked