Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Re: Altador Cup 4: Let the Games Begin!

Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:03 am

shapu wrote:Apparently, it DOES start today (would have been nice if they'd posted this, I dunno, this morning when the finals were actually active).

Round 1 of the finals is two days, starting today. Now's the time to play, apparently, and you'll play the same opponent tomorrow.

I posted a message on the main page of PPT...

Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:41 pm

I wonder when we will find out which teams won and lost yesterday's (and the day before's) matches?

Also is it safe to post our final scores from Altador Cup 4?

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Results are up! :D

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseu ... ings.phtml

Congrats to all the winners, and a special mention to my team, TY, for doing such a great job this year. This year, sidegame champs, next year, overall champs. :hug:

There's a neoboard post with some nice things said about every team this year, if anyone feels like reading it. :)

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic. ... =134371549

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Krawk Island is the winner! It only took four years, but now I can finally stop playing for keeps and play for fun next year!

The final rankings:
Krawk Island
Shenkuu
Lost Desert
Kreludor
Maraqua
Mystery Island
Darigan
Tyrannia
Roo Island
Haunted Woods
Meridell
Virtupets
Terror Mountain
Kiko Lake
Altador
Faerieland

Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:27 am

I like how LD was the only one of the top 4 that wasn't mentioned at all in the AC news. A little blurb of recognition, a picture of the top 3 on a tier stand thingy, something, would have been nice. Jerks, TNT, we worked darn hard!!! ;-;

FishEdit: Edited post. Please don't allude to anything inappropriate or have a meaning that would be filtered. Image

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:30 am

I'm actually pretty shocked how far Kreludor fell. They were at the top...and than fourth place, wow.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Just silently...

Go Darigan!!

Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:35 pm

Drat! If only I had had the energy to play those three games of Yooyuball yesterday, Shenkuu probably would have come in 1st. :P

All joking aside, congrats to everyone who supported Krawk Island and all the other winners.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:57 pm

WOW! We at Lost Desert were 3rd Again

I'm actually amazed at how everything came out and tat we were 3rd I thought we had done a little less than that like 5th or something but still who am I to complain

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:45 am

Prize shop is up!

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/prizes.phtml?

Prizes aren't exactly what I was hoping for.......... the PB is especially disappointing. :( It's also a little glitchy right now, since some people (including myself) haven't been getting the free 50NC that some people have reported getting.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:30 am

I'm tempted to collect the other prizes, but I really don't want that trophy.
It's ridiculously unsightly.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:32 am

I can't believe it. I worked and worked and reached level 20 in the quest for the cup. (Yeah Krawk Island.) Still I don't have enough points to get the top prize. I wound up with 24,024 and I need 25,000 to get the cloud paintbrush!! AARRGGHH. Not that I want the paint brush anyway. I was hoping to get a great painted yooyu. Instead there are just 4 plainly painted yooyus and I can only afford to get 2 of them anyway. AARRGGHH

Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:58 am

I'm a little disappointed that a Pirate PB wasn't one of the top prizes, seeing as how Krawk Island won. In fact, you wouldn't know that they did win just by looking at the prize shop. Would it have killed them to put a couple of special KI-specific prizes in there, besides the ones that were available for other teams too? A cap, a plushie, a ball, a button, something? I mean, why do they have two Roo Island-specific prizes, but none for the team that actually won this year? That just seems silly to me.

Now that that's out of my system...in spite of the griping I just did, I actually did have a pretty good time playing this year. I didn't play a lot due to other obligations, but tried to make the games I did play count a lot, and beat my personal best scores in both YYB and SS (managed to score between 9-11 goals per game pretty consistently in YYB, and got a top score of 714 in SS). And of course, was happy to see that KI won :D The trophy's kinda cute, too. Wound up with a whopping (ha ha) 936 points, which is plenty for me. Think I'll wait and see if the shield's any good or if any of the new prizes are wearable before I spend any, though.

ETA: Almost forgot...I was kinda surprised that Kreludor didn't place higher. Even though I was playing for KI, I was kinda secretly hoping Kreludor would make it to the top three, because that would have been a really exciting upset!

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:29 am

Final Total:

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 31,739
Goals by Lilo Blumario 4,241
Goals by Jair Tollet 24,485
Goals by Fenny Vail 1,921
Goals by Gordo Gunnels 1,092
Saves by Clutch Billaban 3,587
Number of Wins 4,000
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0

Slushie Slinger
Games Played 130
Top Score 656

Make Some Noise
Games Played 430
Top Score 8,242

Shootout Showdown
Games Played 790
Top Score 1,200

Goals per game average: 7.935

All in all I feel that I did very well for my first time taking part in the Altador Cup especially since it netted me 49,992 prize points.

It is possible that I may be the first PPTer to reach 4000 wins and to have all 4 players to break 1000 goals each unless another PPTer has done so in one of the 4 Altador Cups.

Also I am happy that I now have the avatar and the theme.

I am sure that there will be something Krawk Island related next year in the prize shop after AC5 is finished though Shenkuu will be favorites to win AC5 as they came second this year.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:07 pm

yet another time when I wish I'd done a little bit better. 15,000 prize points is good, I guess, and I'm thrilled KI won, but still - I want me some yooyus :(
Topic locked