Display your creative spirit here in the Pink Poogle Toy Gallery. It can be art... it can be music... it can be a poem (even haiku)... but most of it... it must be you.
Topic locked

Photography

Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:03 am

Well, I recently got a new camera, I really like photography for some reason. :roll: hehe

Anyways.. what do you think of these shots?

P.S. Sorry they're so large.. most browsers will resize them anyways. :)

Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:26 am

I'd have to say that the first one is my favorite.
I like how it shows the stretch of the river; and the old bridge supports (i assume thats what they are).

I love the clouds in the last couple shots, because I love clouds (yes, me, I love clouds), they're much like clouds I see when I travel (alberta clouds look weird apparently compared to other clouds. Who knew?)

Most browsers don't resize images btw. Especially when people (like me) take off that option. I think overall that they'd be stronger if you resized them yourself. *nods*

(p.s Enter PPTMAC)

Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:19 am

I like them...alot.

They are very good. The first few are ver VERY good. I like those the best.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:47 am

2, 3, 5, and 6 seem like nature shots. =P They look pretty cool, tuhough. I have no clue what #3 is though. xD

The first and fourth ones are great, in my opinion. You can look at them from a less cliched, more original poetic stance. For example, although 1 seems like a nicer, urban shot, I prefer 4. So I'll elaborate my view on that one.

Just because of the next picture (5), without the above-ground telephone wires, you seem to have reconsidered it, and tried to make it look like you didn't want the telephone wires, but I like them paired together.

But poetically, you might notice...

In 4: The sight of a once-beautiful sky, sighing at it's abstruction by man (i.e. the telephone wires), hence it's orange hue and dark trees.

In 5: In order to hide the effects of mankind, the beauty of the picture must be abstructed. That is, the bright orange hue and beautiful near-sunset still. Yet, the dark, brooding clouds symbolize the pain that the environment must suffer to balance out the effects of mankind (i.e. the telephone wires).

=P

Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:38 am

Very nice! I especially love the colour of the sky in the fourth one - I'm not sure why, but it goes from such a dark orange down to a pale blue-yellow colour :)

Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:01 am

Wow, I really like the ones focused on clouds. You caught a really good formation.
I am fond of the first one as well, but might I suggest you try putting it in black and white? I think that'd make for an interesting photo.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:59 pm

You have a very good eye :)

Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:53 pm

Thanks for the words guys. :)

I'll look into some of the advice that was given. :)

Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:40 pm

I like them a lot. I think they are very well done. Exactly what is #3?? It almost looks like lights on a moving vehicle at night or in a tunnel but they are movig vertical instead of horizontal.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:17 pm

Great job. Your very talented with taking photos. :)

The last three are great!

Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:13 pm

i like the lights in #3, you realy cought the movement i can almoste feel it, but... whet is it?

Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:52 am

I LOVE 3+4. THey're really giving you this feeling. Good job! but on your first one's maybe you should kinda get more light into them. they look kinda dull. :)

Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:55 pm

ladyfair wrote:i like the lights in #3, you realy cought the movement i can almoste feel it, but... whet is it?

Hehe, that would be one night when I went jogging, I randomly decided to bring my camera. While I was jogging, the camera went up and down, and I didn't want to stop just for the picture. So I took a shot of the street lights and the street, and when I look at this picture, it reminds me very well of a dark night going jogging, because you can see the red-ish sidewalk and street in front of you and the lights / your destination in front of you, but they're kind of blurry which would show that you're kind of tired and you think it's further than it really is. :roll: hehe So that's what that one is all about. :P

Thanks for the compliments! ^_^

Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:04 pm

I like four the most, although, I wish the power lines and blue patches of sky were not visible. The outline of the trees and the hazy yellow sky is just beautiful. You have a great eye.
I'm curious as to what type of camera you have.. Have you considered taking photography courses? I think experimenting with shutter speeds, f stops, and different types of lighting could really benefit you. You have a lot of potential and understand those few things would make your photographs even better.

Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:31 am

The fourth and fifth are my favorites, they're beautiful! I love sunsets, and loved your photos! :)
Topic locked