Display your creative spirit here in the Pink Poogle Toy Gallery. It can be art... it can be music... it can be a poem (even haiku)... but most of it... it must be you.
Topic locked

Mutant Korbat pic

Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:32 pm

I had a hard time picking which Korbat to draw for Korbat day...mutant or Plushie. I felt I might abuse Plushie with my art style, so I went with mutant.

Yesh, I know this doesn't look like TNT's mutant Korbat fully, but I wish Korbat had hind legs that were visible. :cry:

http://img95.exs.cx/img95/8467/take2.jpg

I'm pretty happy how this came since this is my first picture with a real BG I actaully worked on.
Just wanted to show it to see if the BG looks nice to everyone else.
I know I messed up the shading and look of the right wing.

Marissa wrote:7. Please don't post overly large works. If a piece of art is large (Over 450 pixels wide or 700 pixels tall or over 700kb in size), please make a thumbnail or text link to the larger version. If a piece of writing is long (Over 1000 words), please post an offsite link.
Last edited by Armi on Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:48 pm

Beautifully done Armadi!
I love it.
Gosh I really want a Mutant Korbat....

Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:53 pm

Oooooo, very very cool. I don't think it really matters if it looks like TNT's Korbat or not, just as long as you can tell it's a Korbat, and I can. The only thing really weird about it are the trees in the background, at first I thought they were bloodstains on a wall. =P Changing the color to more brown would fix it. It's still a great piccy!

EDIT: Looks much better now. :D
Last edited by Zero! on Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:16 pm

Oh, ok...I thought maybe showing the hind legs would make it look more odd to TNT's pic.
Blood? on a Neopet pet pic? I wish, but I think having blood isn't allowed.
I fixed the tree. I was using a red brown color, so I can see how it looked like blood.

Adam, you got a Plushie Korbat, and I think they're cooler then mutant. :)

Thanks you two. =) I want to make my pet a mutant Korbat for Korbat day, but I got to save it for a tourny.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:37 am

Wow!!! Very nice! I love it^^*

Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:19 am

Two words: I like it.

Its a very nice picture, the kortbat is spontacular. The backgrounds a bit bland but overall i'll give it 5 eggs out of 5

Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:09 pm

Skullsplitter wrote:Two words: I like it.

How exactly is I like it 2 words?

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:12 pm

I think that was the point.

'It' isnt a word anyway, it is short for 'innit,' everyone knows that.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:23 pm

I really like the korbat. He's got a huge amount of attitude. The way his head tilts, the way his bodys held. And his cute little wings.
However. I feel that the background could have been stronger for the quality of the korbat in this work. The clouds... especially are a bit of a distractionf or me because the whole rest of the work is cell shaded, and yet the clouds smudge out a bit.
But overall... I really like it. *pets the Korbat* Tee hee...

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:24 pm

:o I love it. ;-; Teach me master to be as good as you!

:P

No seriously, if you have time sometime, would you be willing to draw a picture of Froggy_82 for my lookup? I tried and I tried and I tried but I ended up eating my pencil in rage. <_<

Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:41 pm

ahoteinrun wrote:I really like the korbat. He's got a huge amount of attitude. The way his head tilts, the way his bodys held. And his cute little wings.
However. I feel that the background could have been stronger for the quality of the korbat in this work. The clouds... especially are a bit of a distractionf or me because the whole rest of the work is cell shaded, and yet the clouds smudge out a bit.
But overall... I really like it. *pets the Korbat* Tee hee...

Wow, thanks.
Yeah, I can understand the clouds, like I said, I am still really new to doing a BG, usually I just manupulate colors using render changes.
I really should use my tablet since I think I might have done better. I was really just playing with a few brushes I had on my Photoshop. I'll try to improve on my later images. :)

Thanks still.

Meowth: I'm still learning. Can't be a amster if you're still a student. I really don't do request. I have to admit, Quiggles are pretty hard to draw.
Never drawn one.

lol...thanks Skull. :P

Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:21 pm

Ack, you're too good! That's amazing! AWESOME job! :D

Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:32 pm

Armi wrote:Meowth: I'm still learning. Can't be a amster if you're still a student. I really don't do request. I have to admit, Quiggles are pretty hard to draw.
Never drawn one.

If this is you as a student I can't wait for you as the master! Yeah, I realized the frustration of drawing quiggles...it's cool though ^_^

Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:01 pm

Wow...that is AMAZING!

How old are you anyway? I can't draw for Neopoints :P

Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:12 pm

Meowth: Sent you a Quiggle pic I drew up. Just a sketch, so sorry. :(
Quiggles are hard to draw, but if you have their mouth closed, twas much easier to draw.

I'm 19, if it really matters. :P I got a long way to go.

Wow, lots of comments on my pic. I'm very happy now! :D I really hope this gets in for Korbat day. Thanks all.
Topic locked