Display your creative spirit here in the Pink Poogle Toy Gallery. It can be art... it can be music... it can be a poem (even haiku)... but most of it... it must be you.
Topic locked

More of My Art

Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:22 pm

Haven't been here for such a long time!!

Anyways, I've done some more portraits (I don't think anyone remembers my old ones) for my art class :). Here it is:

This is the one that I entered in the September PPTMAC, but sort of forgot about it hehehe...
This took around 10 hours all together (finished it 3 days before it was due). Done with pencils. It's a drawing of my most favourite actor (and idol), Andy Lau (Chinese actor). I think his face needs to be longer...but I'm too lazy to fix it.
Click!:

This second one was just recently done a few days ago. It's a portrait of one of my favourite actresses, Jessica Hsuan (Chinese actress). This took I think almost 10 hours all together (finished it the last two days before it was due). Again, done with pencils.
Click!:

Overall I'm quite happy with these. There was another one, but I wasn't quite happy with it. And there are a lot more in my old sketch book too, but I'm not quite happy with them either :P

I should really stop leaving them till the last few days to finish. The teacher gives us 2 weeks, and I do it the last 2-3 days...ah laziness.

--
I might upload some photos later...maybe.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:12 am

Wow, those are really good. Nice job!

Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:23 am

OOOOoh I know those two!! You draw them SO realisticly!! Very nice. Good job! Oh wow I can never draw people >.<

Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:25 am

Wow, what fantastic realism! The eyes look especially good. I love the expressions too. They look so warm, it gives them such a life-like feeling! beautiful!

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:18 am

Thanks for the comments! ^_^

is it me, or does the PPT Gallery seem very inactive now? I remember two years ago there were quite a lot of people hanging out in the Gallery.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:02 pm

Wow! Those are really realistic! Well done! The hair and ears and eyes...well, everything is so well drawn! The only people I can draw are stick people >_< Well done again! Keep up the great work!

Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:05 pm

Those are amazing! I swear they're leaping out of my montior. Great job! :)

Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:43 pm

Wow, nice work with realism. My style is still too cartoony for something like that. I do like the eyes in the pictures and the hair even better.

I think the head looks fine on the first one. ^^ You should post some colored works.

As to the forum being inactive... I would not know. O_o

Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:54 pm

Oh, WOW! They're very realistic (At first I thought the first one was a black and white photograph :P) Awesome job!

Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:18 am

These two pics are amazing! I first thought they were taken by a camera. xD

Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:49 pm

WOW!

Those are incredibly detailed. I've never seen anything quite like them!

Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:50 pm

Holy crap!
YOU DREW THOSE?
-dies-
Thats -- AMAZING!!

Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:34 am

AutumnElf wrote:Oh, WOW! They're very realistic (At first I thought the first one was a black and white photograph :P) Awesome job!

Ditto on that.. I actually had to read the post before reaslising that it was a drawing :P

Very nicely done :)

Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:55 am

Excellent work! I'm terrible at sketching realistic human faces. Impressive stuff. :)

The first picture, is that one of his film roles? If so, which one? I'm curious as to whether he's portraying some historical or literary figure.

Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:44 am

Thanks for the replies! :)

Unfortunately, these art are getting slowly destroyed. My sketch book is held together by rings so when I carry it around in my backpack the pages rub against each other and they get smudged around slowly :\.

SpiraLethe wrote:Excellent work! I'm terrible at sketching realistic human faces. Impressive stuff. :)

The first picture, is that one of his film roles? If so, which one? I'm curious as to whether he's portraying some historical or literary figure.

Yes, it's one of his film roles :). It's from the movie "The Duel. " I'm such a big fan of him and I've seen so many of his movies, but surprisingly I haven't seen this one. I just happen to have the poster in my room, so I decided to draw it :P.
Topic locked