Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:20 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Awesome, I love his pose and expression...the wings are great too. Stunning work. *applauds*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

digitalkaizermyuu wrote:
There's a line between a question and a required statement. I find it rude if a person asks me how long an image took, but I'll answer if it's a requirment in a competition. Not to say I wasn't taken back when I saw that was a requirement.

The reason it's a requirement, is because theres a huge amount of age difference, and in a lot of cases, talent difference. This is the first time it's been added as a requirement (actually this is the first time the forms been a requirement... but myself and Marissa both felt that the form would help in our judging of PPTMAC).
If someone whom i've seen do amazing pieces of work puts in a five minute sketch, vs (IMO) someone who isn't the greatest artist who puts in a piece of work equal to the sketch in every way... but spends five hours on it... i'd rather see the person who put the time and the effort into the work win then the sketcher. Simply because of the massive difference in talent here on PPT. In a school based scenario such as I do face in my non PPT life, I don't take offence to being asked how long my work takes, because I do remember.
And since I do sell pieces of artwork I allow the time taken to make it to play into the price. And on that note, I do artwork because I love artwork, not because I have 'talent'. I don't have talent, I have many thousands upon thousands of hours of hard work to get to the level that I am currently at now.
I also find it a bit hypocritical of you to say that you put in "five hours" of work a day, but get snappish with someone when they ask how long a piece of artwork took you.

digitalkaizermyuu wrote:
We go to very different schools then and appear to have been around very different teachers and employers.

This I do believe, is quite true if what you say is true about how you've been taught and how you've been treated as an employee.

digitalkaizermyuu wrote:
I don't entirely believe that an employer would care how much time you put into a piece, generally companies are more interested in results and deadlines than knowing how long and hard you worked. They may want to be sure you're good and quick enough to meet deadlines, but that's the only reason I can think of as to why they'd want to know.

I do believe i'd written "Ontop of this, time does matter if you're working on a piece that involves a deadline. " before you posted that. So... you basically reitterated what i'd already stated.

*shrugs*

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2