Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Whale Art
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:14 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yes, well, I think so, I mean art. Lately, I am busy a lot with 3D modelling. Reason? I make animals (non-official) for ZT. I got an assignment from my art teacher and decided to use some of my animals.

Not much background yet. I am not very good in that.

A baiji, an almost extinct river dolphin. Yes, they do exist. (My mom thought I made them up. :P )

And two right whales, which I tend to put up my site as a wallpaper. Once I finally get to making my site.

I do have a bigger version, but I don't want to crush your internet connection. :P

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow, that's great! When I first looked at the picture, without reading the descroption, I thought that was an actual photo. You are very good, keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm very happy to see you back and posting art!
I think all river dolphins are endangered to the point... of extinction (i'm pretty sure the Yangzee (sp?) river dolphin is extinct now. Considering the dam that has been going up (if not already up) on the river in China...) Yeah. Sad... sad prediciment.

Anyways. I like. I love whales, so does my father so i've had a lot of time to look at pictures of them (books books books!)

The only possible thing I can think about to say is maybe make things a bit more dark/light... especially in the picture with the right whales (can you link to the bigger one? *wants to see*).

Still though, thats a minor thing, and these are really lovely. *wants to pet the whales* Squee!
It's flippers long lost cousin Bob!

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Wow!
Those are incredible!
The dolphins look incredibly real...I almost had trouble believing they weren't photographs!

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:24 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

WOW! THose are amazing!!!!! Awesome job!! I love it!^^* THey look like real photographs XDDD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:10 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks!

It's very sad, about the baiji. It didn't deserve such an ending. I've read books about whales, and with every new book I bought (of a new date of release), their number mentioned, seemed to go down. It seemed, in this case, human welfare/riches was placed above an animals' survival. Which is, to me, very sad.

I am going to re-texture the right whales, though. I think the resolution of the texture is too low.

Here is a link to the bigger version: http://www.thylacine.be/Gallery/Art/TwoWhales_wallpaper.jpg

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:00 am 

I find your second dolphin picture very beautiful. My suggestions for it concern foliage and rocks. Maybe if you liven up the pictures, with seaweed and sea cucumbers, or even other fish in the background, it would make them look even nicer?

I write poetry avidly. I've been told I have a sense of how to write, though I'm forced to believe I'm not as good as I can be. ~Jessie, a.k.a. Jurekazi

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]