Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Vigilantes, episode 1, chapter 1
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:06 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

A bit of an introduction before I post this. In this story, I've tried to not only try to tell a tale, but also poke fun at the various quirks of neopia. In this first chaper, one matter I deal with is the fact that movement does absolutely jack in the BD. To try to explain that I had it that dodging all over the arena and using cheap shots is akin to owning a machine gun instead of a pistol. Even if you're not doing bad things with it, it's still illegal. Anyhow, constructive criticism is appreciated, and I hope you enjoy what I have so far.

“Journal entry Neopia 1: This new world is astonishing. The local denizens while weak to start, become as strong as gods with a little training. I have adopted four of these creatures, and have discovered that each has inherited an enhanced version of one of my traits. Regardless of their strength, I have taught them all sorts of tactics and skills, just in case my bad luck shows up. If you’ve read my other journals, you’ll know I’m a magnet for trouble. I just hope it doesn’t happen here. Who knows what sorts of foes could pop up…”
Oversea near Neopia Central, shortly before the war for Meridell
Bernlad soared over the waves, a mallard tucked under his arm. Occasionally, he’d stop flying and use his speed to run across the water. The mallard was for Illusen, one of the quests she gave out. As Bernlad hit the beach, he almost dropped it due to the incline, but managed to hold on as he flew up over the buildings. A few minutes later, and Merridell Castle was in sight, with Illusen’s Glade nearby. Landing at the door, he reached up and knocked.
Illusen looked down at her watch “10 minutes. That’s worse than usual.” She said. She noticed Bernlad was panting heavily “Aww, don’t tell me you had to fly all the way to Mystery Island to get this for me. Come inside and rest up. It’s the least I can do.”
Bernlad came in, curled up in a chair, and accepted a cup of tea. “Thanks Illusen.” He said “I don’t mean to be rude, but why do you need a mallard? You don’t need… parts for a spell, do you?” He shook a bit with nervousness, but Illusen calmly replied “Of course not, I’m not Edna. I merely need a test subject… don’t look at me like that, I’m testing out an idea for a petpet paintbrush. I’m getting rather cl-” She was interrupted by an intense rumbling from outside and ripples in the tea. Another rumble came soon after, followed by screams of terror. Bernlad rushed out the door, readying his weapons as he went. The Turmaculus had moved from it’s spot and was chasing down a pair of chias. Lightning charged around Bernlad as he charged at the side of the great beast. Letting loose a battle cry he stuck his sword into it. The Turmaculus let out a roar, and turned to face him “Ok Bernlad” he said to himself “You’ve got it’s attention… now what?” He quickly dodged a paw swipe and began flying around, looking for a weak point. “It seems weak all over, but where can I go where it can’t hit me somehow?” He dived down and started attacking it from behind, but the beast jumped and turned around with amazing agility. He ducked under the next attack and took to the air. This time, he dove down onto it’s back and started slicing it like crazy, electricity striking with every attack. The Turmaculus roared and tried to swipe at him, but it’s arms were too fat to reach him. So it started to roll over and Bernlad narrowly avoided being crushed. He laid on the ground, trying to get his breath back, when he noticed something: The Turmaculus was stuck! With it’s legs in the air, it had no way of righting itself. Chuckling to himself, Bernlad stuck his sword in it’s sheath and proceeded back to Illusen’s.
“I still can’t believe the Turmaculus would attack anyone like that.” Illusen sighed “Sure, it eats petpets, but neopets are different.” Bernlad shrugged “We’re just a step up from them. It was just a matter of time before it got bolder.” Illusen did not agree “There’s plenty of people who bring it food, why would it have to work for it like that? Something’s definitely wrong here. Just go on home Bernlad, I’ll keep an eye on Meridell.” Bernlad got up, returned his cup, and walked out the door to find a squad of cops right outside, with all sorts of long range weapons aimed at him “Did you really think nobody would notice your little display?” said the squad leader “You’ve been deemed too dangerous to keep on the lose, we’re bringing you in.” Bernlad held his hands and began to walk backwards a bit “But I did that in defense of others! I was just trying to help!” “We don’t care why you did that, but you’re armed and dangerous. Come peacefully, and we won’t have to use force. Bernlad abided with what they said and walked towards them, his hands behind him, but right as they were about to put the cuffs on him, he spun around, using his tail to knock down the cops around him, and soared into the sky. Snowballs, arrows, and bullets whizzed by, most missing, but he caught an arrow in his arm. Cringing in pain, he went up above the sky and set course for his home back in Fairyland.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]