Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:12 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

*raids DA*

http://www.deviantart.com/view/8890986/ - Jackie as the Chiyoness.
http://www.deviantart.com/view/6389092/ - 'tis another Sadiyah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hey, I've finally finished something I can enter into PPTMAC! Granted this was an easy category to fit into...

http://venus.walagata.com/w/rageaholic/robotkrawk.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:12 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

http://img6.exs.cx/img6/2334/RoyalBoyAcara.jpg - RoyalBoy Acara Sculpture

http://img6.exs.cx/img6/7974/OrchardOfDuir.jpg - A sketch of Cameron & Sharon in an orchard.

Secret Santa Set! :D

My DeviantArt Account
Shakespeare Wiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:41 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Keeping the Hallowe'en spirit all through the year.
Entry one: Inspiration/origin was a writing challenge on the theme "torn map." I don't remember exactly how long the plotting and writing took in total -- an evening? Hours, anyway, probably. The title came last, as it often does for me.

Piece Work

"You can get the whole thing from just a piece of it, eh?"

Dare set down her mug, peering again at the man who had joined her corner table that evening. A weathered veteran, he appeared even more down on luck than Dare was. "It's a basic principle of magic, yes: The part contains the whole. But the application isn't always so straightforward." She blinked back memories of how spectacularly divergent intent and result could be in magic. "So stop beating around the bush, Olivi, and get to specifics."

Olivi gestured for the tavernkeeper to refill Dare's mug, then watched until he retreated back out of earshot. "You've heard of the treasure of Goren Kesh, of course. But you may not know Kesh's lieutenants had a falling out, and cut the map into pieces."

Dare snorted. "Any schoolchild could tell you that."

"But no schoolchild could tell you where even one of those pieces is." After glancing again around the room, Olivi reached a hand into his shirt and withdrew a flat package that he gingerly unwrapped.

The section inside didn't look impressive: torn, a jagged piece of a piece, less than two inches. Brittle edges had cracked away through centuries. There were some dark lines and loops, indecipherable without context. Near one edge of the parchment was a letter B . . . or perhaps P or R.

"That could be from anything," Dare started to say, but she couldn't resist reaching out to it -- and then she knew. Her sensitivity might be sporadic, but it was never wrong. This was a piece of the Goren Kesh map. A piece, and a chance for more.

Olivi saw the change in Dare's eyes. "Complete the map for me, mage, and I'll give you a ten-percent finder's fee."

"You haven't got me that drunk," she said.

"Fifteen. That's a fortune."

"Fifty -- you have no idea what creating this spell will take from me."

"And you don't know what I had to do to get this. I'll give you forty percent."

Dare drained her mug. "Done." A blue glow surrounded them as they clasped hands, proving the arrangement binding on both.

"Stop pacing, Olivi, you're making me nervous." Dare scanned her hut, making sure everything was in place. "In fact, as much as I appreciate your help the past two weeks gathering components while I researched, this part is all me. You wait outside."

Lighting the first candle, Dare began her chant, threw herself into performing her most ambitious spell ever. To reintegrate this part into its whole, she had to counter the weight of a thousand years, reverse the ravelings of entropy.

Colors flashed from the hut's windows and cracks, too brightly for Olivi to try peeping in a second time. Arms folded, he strode back and forth in front of the door -- like an expectant father, he thought, which would make Dare both mother and midwife. "Ha!" He was just a man anxious to get his hands on a fortune.

The moon outside was fading with the approach of dawn as Dare slumped to the floor, gazing in wonder at the incredible re-creation she had worked.

"Olivi! Will you want steaks or milk?" She snorted back a damp laugh. "You own sixty percent of a cow!"

##############################################################

Entry two:

An Elizabethan Sonnet

Regardless of the guarded fortress walls
And labyrinths with thorns of steel and flame,
Or any dire tale that Rumour bawls,
Gladly will I fight, my prize to claim.
Hidden from the world by strong defenses,
Not seen, there is a pearl beyond all measure.
All other men are fooled by fierce pretenses;
I know there lies within a fragile treasure.

Like soft-spun gold and silver is the hair
That frames the face that frames twin sapphire eyes —
Much as those eyes, in turn, reveal a rare,
Delightful soul, despite your hard disguise.
Lay down your shields, my lady, and your doubt:
Bluff as you will, you cannot keep me out.

My inspiration was my Lady, my wife, whom I met as a fellow member of a medieval and Renaissance re-creation society. Tools included iambic pentameter and a mix of "masculine" (one-syllable) and "feminine" (multisyllabic) rhymes.

In addition to being an Elizabethan (aka Shakespearian) sonnet, the poem is also an acrostic. The initial letters of the lines, in order, spell out the name (and initials) that my wife goes by in the society --
Raoghnailt Marie de la Barbe.

Edited to add second entry, lightly tweaking the presentation of the first as I did so.

hiddenneggs / Will
----
"But then again, i think the main reason people invented civilization was to get together and complain about the wild animals eating them." --mousapelli

Last edited by hiddenneggs on Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've entered a poem in my normal style, so I think I might try and write a Shakespearean sonnet for the contest ^.^

Two destined lovers, who bless our tale,
Who we shall lay our eyes upon this hour,
And as we see their shining love prevail,
And blossom, delicately, like a flower,
The fairest creatures, stood among the wars,
Of two clans who kill of the other's tread,
And fate tears apart the true love with his claws.
Doth with their secret elequantly shed,
And knowings of the dirty love revealed,
The tale wove its course amongst the mans,
Who dwell upon this reverence concealed.
Now two stand tall, above the warring clans,
Who stand to die for knowing ture love's feel,
And knowing how to live a life ideal.

This is the first time I tried anything like this, but, I like it ^.^
~ Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

You'd be amazed what happens when I'm bored and not able to sleep.

Edit:trying this again

Last edited by Rachiroo on Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:23 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The inspiration behind this is simple. I did this when I was feeling particularly lovey. I often draw myself as Lala, and on May 8th I found the love of my life. I personified him as Flagon, the blue creature with dragonfly wings. I gave Flagon those wings, because Steve loves dragonflies. :)

This is a picture of Lala helping Flagon to fly... it holds emotional signifigance to me. The graveyard represents all the things we've been through together... all the deaths, all the losses... everything. And the flower represents our future together. :)

Flagon falling... again. This was done when I wanted to tell Steve that I'd be there to catch him... if ever he should fall.
I thought this captured it pretty well... And Lala standing on his hind legs is just so darn cute. ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

OK. Second entry.

this photo was taken just there by me. It's of my dog, lucy. She was snoring and I thought, "Well, that would make a good picture seeing as I won't be able to go out for my walk today" so I took this picture. I actually like this picture, it makes her look like she's crying.

Thats me.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Here are my entries...

http://www.werepup.com/images/whatever.jpg
This is my future niece, she was coming up the stairs at one point (a favourite pastime of hers at that point), and she dived in front of the camera. What a poser. I also had to do a bit of editing of the picture, cos she needed to blow her nose and was dribbling... lol.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/4399064/
This is a wallpaper I made out of a picture of a lightball, liquifying it, and playing about. I made up the shapes on flash, and imported them, because I didn't know how to do it any other way back then. I'd talked to Yukio about new moto's for the site, and we'd decided Think Pink was a good moto, so it was just what I was thinking at the time. I think the piece reflects the way I was feeling at the time, because I was moving house, I was excited and happy to be moving, although in turmoil, yet still thinking about PPT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I will probably be editing my post of entries quite often.

Entry Number 1:
What's this? A serious entry?

I was feeling inspired last night, so I came up with this. NOTE: Yes, there is a bit of overgeneralization in it- but I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum has dealt with people who feel this way against others. Background information: It took me around 45 minutes-1 hour to come up with this.

"Stand Up (For Who You Are)"
Could this world be fading under our feet?
Could the on going battles never be beat?
Why is it that society has fallen so far?
Why can't we be judged for who we all are?

Plastic surgery's now a person's best friend.
People with strange physical features are making their lives end.
Peer pressure suicide numbers are way too high.
Why is everyone shoved down when they want to reach the sky?

CHORUS: What's up with all the make-up, anorexia, and jealousy?
Why can't you be liked for who you are and chose to be?
Has our culture really fallen so very far?
It's time to take a stand; stand up for who you are.

Why are those of us with the greatest minds shoved into the dark?
Why are the beautiful ones the only people to make their marks?
Tell me why you're not accepted into the crowd
If you aren't gorgeous and proud.

Who you are isn't who you choose to be.
Yet even so, to survive you must have the richest genes.
Society today doesn't care about you-
They only care about the things that you do.

CHORUS

Life is unfair, this we know is true.
Some people want to change who you are; make you stop being you.
No matter what your friends say, people do care how you look.
They'd rather see you wear make-up than see you hide behind a book.

Society has fallen more than we ever will know.
Nothing more matters to people than what shows.
You can try to avoid it, but it's true-
No one really cares about you being you.

CHORUSx2

It's time to take a stand; stand up for who you are.

Entry Number 2:

Okay, now we're done with the serious junk. Time to get on to the insane junk. Who can resist Christmas at Walmart? This is a song, by the way. Background information: I'm not sure how long this took, but I do know I was forever editing the verses/adding more.

It's Christmas At Walmart

There's penguins in aisle four.
Tree lights are over by the door.
There's a special on Lego blocks.
I'm sure your dog would love new socks!

REFRAIN: It's Christmas at Walmart!
Don't forget your shopping cart!
Never leave your credit care at home!
For, it's Christmas at Walmart-
Don't forget to pick up lawn gnomes!

Your snow machine is over there,
Your husband wants new underwear!
Why not invest in a portable loo?
If our mouthwash kills, please don't sue!

Refrain

Barbie dolls are over by the stairs!
You must need shampoo for your hair!
Don't forget your Tonka truck
We have wish beads for good luck!

Refrain x2

Well, there we are then. You've had enough of my insanity for now. And by the way, it may not look like it, but I spent a LOT of time on these. PLEASE don't steal them.

the greatest love story never told.

Last edited by Bangel on Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:11 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The story behind my first picture comes from my love for clowns and all things related. Meet George, the deranged, but oh so loveable circus dweller.

My second entry is a representitive of our fears. Our phobias, the monster that hides under your bed. He's forever present in our lives.

And that's all she wrote (or drew for that manner). :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:38 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Here's my entry
http://gcgcsa.com/kk/sigs/awww.gif
Well, this is my dog Luvvy. I took the original picture.. Of course it was edited. (more like decorated) I spend hours a week taking pictures trying to take good shots and I thought this one was just too cute. I love how bright the jewels are on her. She's my lil June Bug and I thought I would make a little something out of this pic. :oops:

My 3 favorite books
Harry Potter
Lemony Snicket
Elektra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Here's my entry.... hopefully I'll have the pic I originally wanted to submit done before the deadline :P heh

Title of the pic is

All is well....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yay pictures!

Entry 1:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/ ... ground.png

Let me tell you, capturing a flag on camera is NOT easy! I stood there for 3 hours to get this picture, but I couldn't resist. The sky was perfect, the wind was perfect...wonderful!

Entry 2:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/ ... 55c6c1.jpg

If you guys were on the old forum, you'll remember this picture from my signature. I took this a while back, while at the zoo. Yes, I really was that close to the polar bear, a very scary thing to do. Polar Bears are human's only natural enemy. I have stories, but they're not for here :)

<STOWA|Sleep> my sister questioned the title. "Half Blooded Prince? Does that mean he's a Moogle"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This is my first, and probably only entry as I don't think I'll have time before the deadline to do another one. The link is to opening/saving a document - opening without saving should be fine. Apparently, some people can't open it. If you can't, please send me a message and I'll send it by PM.

Entry 1: Wing'd Flight

Duration of time: 45 minutes, give or take, to write the content. A very, very long time to think of a title and still not satisfied.

Meaning: Interpret it how you will; there's more than one way to look at the story. I think part of the fun is in thinking up several different interpretations and wondering which one it is.

I do want to make a point that the title is deliberately named "Wing'd" and not "Winged", as a slight twist to the sound so it is a double word - "winged" and "wind".

I have to admit I sort of like this story.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next