Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: PPTMAC ~ Updated (see the bottom of my post!)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PPTMAC is back!

This months theme is:

ANYTHING

Thats right folks! Anything goes this round. Heroes, monsters, still life, abstract, ballads, short stories, novels. Whatever you want as long as it's creative and you feel it's great!

Rules

1. All work must be the entrants original work. Ie. No plagiarism, copying, or using work that isn't yours. If you are caught using work that is not yours, you will be banned from any further PPTMAC and from posting in the gallery.

2. You may enter up to TWO entries this round. Meaning you can enter two pieces of artwork, two stories, two poems, or a mix'n match of the two. (Like a story and a poem). Please use what you feel is your best entry, no matter what it is.

3. I personally would love to hear a bit of an explanation about the entry. Such as how long it took you, what inspired you to do it, your reasoning behind it, and what you made it with.

4. The start date for this PPTMAC will be Monday, August 30th and quite possibly it may run for more then a month (but be prepared if it does not! *will edit to say when exactly it ends*).

5. Feel free to comment on pieces of work in this thread. But try to make them relevant and intelligent. Tidbits that say things like "Wow thats great" and only that, will be deleted. But if it's intelligent discussion on a piece of work such as "Hmm, I really like how you made the blah blah... on the blah, and described the so and so about the so... can you tell me how you did that?" then that can stay.

6. Questions can be posted here or sent to me via PM. If you don't receive an answer from me within a few days; feel free to ask again.

PRIZES

1st 100 k
2nd 50 k
3rd 25 k

Funniest Entry Spardel Plushie
Scariest Entry Garooda
Cutest Entry Cuddly Lupe Plushie

If you do not play neopets anymore; and you win one of the above, you will be given a request from myself or Marissa. But thats ONLY if you don't play on neo anymore.

Thats all folks!

Edit:
WOW! So many entries. This'll take awhile to judge *big happy grin* Right... so...
Things i'm adding.

The end date for this, is September the 28th. Which is a Tuesday.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Last edited by ahoteinrun on Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

YES! FINALLY! I've been waiting for this moment as I'm getting good at photography. I go out on a bike ride every saturday and sunday so I'll try and get some rabbit photo's, or even a photo of a special rock that has some importance to the people of Coatbridge.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:27 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

here's my two:

http://shevrin.homeip.net:8080/brian/pics/candle.jpg
This one was from a picture I took a while back. I just remember photoshopping it with some random thing on the effects list. It came out really cool, so I saved it.

http://shevrin.homeip.net:8080/brian/pics/michmoca.jpg

I was feeling pretty Jewish one day, so I picked up a green sharpie, and decided to be artistic, and draw a star of david. Once I got done with that, I thought "Hey, why don't I jot down some hebrew?" so I jotted down that hebrew you see, which when translated means "Who is like You, Eternal One, among the g-ds that are worshipped?"

Hope you enjoyed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:44 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Entry 1:
This picture is of my cousins dog.
I had be trying for quite a few minutes to take a picture of it staying still.
I thought this was the cutest out of the three pictures of the dog.

Entry 2:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ ... 0_0602.jpg
This one is crazy large.
It is of my two dogs waking up.
I thought it showed a noble side of my dogs and that it was great.

Set=Kitten Medli
Adam+Liz=<3
Liz: Well. That proves how good everyone's memories are.
Me: Well I have no memor........What did you just say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Here it is.

I didn't spend much time on the page itself, as it's the story I'm entering. xP I hope it's readable, though. I can read it, at least.

The story itself.. Well, it took me about a week to do. I did it four (five? three? something like that) months ago, as a school assignment. I got 100% on it, if you're wondering. xP It's quite long, about 26 pages in Word. So if you're a bystander, I wouldn't suggest reading it unless you have time. (Note: The coding of that took me forever, even with copy/paste >>)

Honestly I think I need to go back and revise the whole story, but I don't have time right now so I'll submit as-is. xP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:54 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

i have a poem, its a little moribd and dark, i think ill clear it before i enter

v: Lifebreather ----- c: Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What about a prize for the most serious entry? Just asking, no need to do it or anything.

We are alike,
Thee and I,
For though we are outwardly different,
And have do not have the same Dreams or fears,
Wishes, luck, minds,
There is one thing that brings us together,
And that thing, That one single thing,
Is hope, my friend.
We are alike, Thee and I.

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Whooo, PPTMAC is back up!

Just one question: if a writing entry is rather long (think maybe 6, 7 pages), do you want an off-site link instead of me posting it here?

I had too much fun at writing camp. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

An offsite link would be ideal Starchaser. All rules for the gallery apply here on PPTMAC too (unless otherwise stated in the PPTMAC rules).
So, writings of over 1000 words or more need to be posted offsite.

Thanks for checking!

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Serpentine Killer

Slowly, winding, through the grass,
Body flat, against the plains,
Slithering through the barren lands,
Scales glistening in the light.

The snake crawls fast within the reeds,
Passing by the winding lakes,
Lapping up the glaring sun,
Knowing that his pray lurks near.

As he rears his streamlined head,
And sights the rat escape his blow,
His teeth sink into claim her life,
And kill the rat against the sands.

As he takes the body in,
And swallows her into the gut,
Of darkness as the body sinks,
And never again is known.

It's a bit nyeh, but, I might enter a better entry later 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:56 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yay! *glomps PPTMAC*

Wow. That's odd. I wrote this story for a competition. It's exactly one thousand words long. :P It took me ten minutes in a rush, as it was late already, and I had extra time. My inspiration was a competition to write a story about hamster/s, and I made it with Word and my brain. :P Enjoy!

Molly

Molly pressed her paw to the surface of the glass. She sniffed thoughtfully at the hand resting on the other side, but could smell nothing. She let out a small squeak, like a miny klaxon horn. The hand on the other side of the glass wriggled in delight.
Molly settled herself in her sawdust, and squeaked again. She felt some sort of warm rush to the hand on the 'other side'. She had come to know it as that. She had never been there. It was her dream, her fantasy, her love. And right then, she knew who she wanted to be with when she went there.
Once more, she squeaked. "Mum!" The hand moved away, and Molly squeaked in despair. "Hey, it's okay!" The hand came back. "Mum, I want this one."
Another voice came from the shadows. "That one? All right, dear. Excuse me..." The voice faded away, and suddenly a hand reached through, from the other side. It picked up her brother. She squeaked, and ran after him, jumping onto the hand.
"The one who jumped on. Not the other one."
Molly's brother was dropped to the floor. With a rushing sensation, she felt herself pulled out. Air! So long ago, it had only been musty air. But this… this was air.
Molly suddenly jumped. She smelt the hand she had been faintly smelling from the hamster side. She jumped off the holding hand, and onto the outstretched one.
"Oop!" the hand said, and Molly squeaked, looking for a mouth on the hand. "I'm up here, baby," the hand said. Molly looked up, into deep brown pools. She was contended. She felt good. She felt powerful.

Once home, Molly felt even better. "I've been wanting a hamster for ages. This is a girl, so I'll call her... Jane." Molly grimaced in her own way. She was running on the hand that she had smelt, and it felt great! She had been pampered and spoilt no end.
She had been given fruit and vegetables, dairy and normal hamster food. Not that she knew that that was what it was. She only knew that she loved it.
She nipped the hand playfully, who laughed and stroked her. "Naughty girl, Jane!" Molly was taken aback; she hadn't meant to hurt the hand! "You'd better be glad you that wasn't painful! Or you'd be straight in your cage!"
Molly grinned, and scampered up the hand's arm. She nuzzled its neck affectionately, her way of saying, "I love you."
The hand patted her. "Is that your way, Jane? Your way of showing affection?"
Molly squeaked, and the hand grinned. "Jack, you love that thing too much, it only just came!" But the hand's mother was laughing.
"Jane, mother," the hand replied. "And she's beautiful. Who couldn't love her?"
"Well, me. I only bought her because you fell in love. Love at first sight, fancy that! And even I'm beginning to like her, though rodents aren't my thing."
"Hold her, mum!" the hand said, and pressed Molly into the mother's hands. This was a different hand for Molly. "She doesn't bite, don't worry."
Molly crawled over the hands. "Oh, she's gorgeous, Jack! A beautiful honey and white colour too… oh I love her!" The mother cuddled Molly. "I don't like the name Jane for her, though, sounds too proper."
"Well, I like it," the hand replied, grinning at Molly.
Molly grinned back in her hamster way. She also squeaked and nuzzled the mother. "I love the way she hides her claws so as not to hurt anybody," the mother said suddenly.
"I know, and her nose is always so close to your flesh, and she never bites as well! She's a good little girl."
"And I'd have to agree, Jack, dear, but I must go to work. Here, take Jane back," the mother said, and gave Molly back to the hand.
The hand smiled and hugged Molly to him. "Bye, mum!"
"Bye, dear. Hamster food in the tin, pie in the microwave, check the instructions on the packet on top of the oven. See you!" The mother left.
"Just you and me, eh, Jane?" the hand asked, and smiled.
Once more, Molly smiled back in her hamster way. "Hey, do a trick for me, Jane?" the hand asked Molly, and put its hamster on the stairs. "Climb?"
Molly considered. Then she decided she'd do anything for the hand, and placed her paws on the top of the stairs, and pulled herself up. She grinned. This was fun! She did the same again, and felt the hand moving up behind her to make sure that she didn't fall, or eat the carpet, or anything which endangered her life. As if.

Two Years Later

Molly breathed slowly. Her breath came in rasps, and her body heaved up and down. It was Sunday, and the vet was closed. Molly was bleeding from her mouth. "Get her a hot water bottle," the hand, as she had come to know it, said. "Quick."
Soon after, warmth spread through Molly's body. She felt cleansed. She felt ready. But her time was not yet. She felt a soothing movement along her side. The hand was stroking her, rhythmically. She smiled. She moved her face closer to the hand. The hand moved its head down. "Show me. Show me you still love me."
Feebly, Molly nuzzled the hand's neck. It smiled. "Jane," the hand said, "I love you. Know that. Please."
Molly smiled up at the hand. She nuzzled its neck again. She saw a red patch, like blood. It was in her dream, it was in front of her. She gave two coughs, and shut her eyes. For the last time.
Jack, as we can now call him, touched her body. It was still warm. Tears dripped from his eyes, and he rested his head against the passed animal. "Rest in peace, Jane. I'll join you. Wait for me at the bridge. I'll never forget."

It's so bad it needs to be shot. *shoots it*

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:06 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

connecting . . . |

And I would like to mention that the Iger species are (c) to [naptilis]. Used with permission.
Its actually one of my roleplay posts....yes, they expect realllyyy long ones there.
I decided to write the first post on an IC plot (we are a very small community, normal members can do that :P ) about a virus in the digital realms. I thought it might be different to write about the beginning of it, than just my character stuck inside, like I presumed other's would do if they posted first.

Last edited by Shadowfare on Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/l ... hegang.jpg

The pointless IM RP gang. That's me and Anubis in the middle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:18 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Amethyst wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/l ... hegang.jpg

The pointless IM RP gang. That's me and Anubis in the middle.

I like the writing on the wall. *squees* And how you did the brick wall as well. And me. And everything. And... yah. o.O Anyway, that's really well done. :)

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

OK. Here is mine.

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs4.deviantar ... oorbug.jpg

The story behind it is I had came out of my shower and I saw that Daddy Longlegs and I thought it would make an interesting photo. so it was on my bathroom wall and I took some long distance shots with my digital camera. I went up for a close up and I saw it's mouth was stuck to the wall so I unstuck its mouth and It started flying around. I tried to get a shot but then it came over and went by the door. I went up to it and took 3 pictures, one long distance, one close up and this one. And the only way this has been edited was to reduce the image file size.

I'll post my second entry later.

EDIT: Changed the link to my Devianart picture.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Last edited by Ixistant on Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next